itsflashpoint

Kicking people out of squads

Hey there,

I don't know if it exists, but I didn't see the option. Squad leaders should have the ability to kick people out of squads. I've played today with bunch of people. (Very friendly people, it was fun af!). (P.S. I am kennyS. msg me if we played together. :P). Anyway there were 2 people who didn't play with us at all, and all they did was lone-wolf even after I tried to tell them to stick with the team three times.

It didn't bother me that much, but it was annoying when we were trying to accomplish goals with the squad.

Yeahh, hopefully most of you agree with me that we need this feature.

Thanks, and see you in this battlefield!

Hey there,

I don't know if it exists, but I didn't see the option. Squad leaders should have the ability to kick people out of squads. I've played today with bunch of people. (Very friendly people, it was fun af!). (P.S. I am kennyS. msg me if we played together. :P). Anyway there were 2 people who didn't play with us at all, and all they did was lone-wolf even after I tried to tell them to stick with the team three times.

It didn't bother me that much, but it was annoying when we were trying to accomplish goals with the squad.

Yeahh, hopefully most of you agree with me that we need this feature.

Thanks, and see you in this battlefield!

Its only the first day , ppl will find out very soon that lone wolfing doesnt get you anywhere in Squad . I think ppl are trying to figure things out as a lot of stuff is new to them . Same with ppl giving up too fast , i play a medic a lot and even let them know im coming to get em up but they give up . It will take a few days for ppl to get used to everything . Kick option would be great but ppl will abuse it as well .

Its only the first day , ppl will find out very soon that lone wolfing doesnt get you anywhere in Squad . I think ppl are trying to figure things out as a lot of stuff is new to them . Same with ppl giving up too fast , i play a medic a lot and even let them know im coming to get em up but they give up . It will take a few days for ppl to get used to everything . Kick option would be great but ppl will abuse it as well .

If they want to lone wolf they are free to do so, it does not take a genius to figure out that a squad is working together when you hear them reporting potions, talking every 5 seconds. If you wanna lone wolf leave the squad and make your own, or don't make a squad at all. Its really simple, we actually had two or three people who were not in our squad with us. If I had the ability to kick people who were lone wolf I would of done so and invited the people who actually wanted to do objectives with us.

If they want to lone wolf they are free to do so, it does not take a genius to figure out that a squad is working together when you hear them reporting potions, talking every 5 seconds. If you wanna lone wolf leave the squad and make your own, or don't make a squad at all. Its really simple, we actually had two or three people who were not in our squad with us. If I had the ability to kick people who were lone wolf I would of done so and invited the people who actually wanted to do objectives with us.

I agree with u a 100% . But i think lone wolfing will die out in a few days :-) I LOVE THIS GAME EVEN MORE AFTER THIS PATCH !

I agree with u a 100% . But i think lone wolfing will die out in a few days :-) I LOVE THIS GAME EVEN MORE AFTER THIS PATCH !

Lone wolfing will never die, you will always have someone who wants to lone wolf, the option of kick members of the squad needs to be implemented.

In lone wolfings defense there have been times during this pre-alpha where I was able to flank unnoticed and cause serious damage so the rest of my team could advance. Now that being said those instances are far and few between. It's very hard to take on multiple enemy by yourself.

But ya.... Give it a few days to work itself out. Still lots of learning to do for people.

Maybe a vote kick option that the whole squad votes on? But maybe friends will kick people from their squad trying to get only their friends in the squad, so could be abused either way. Best to not put a kick IMO.

I completely understand the opinion, that in the current implementation this wouldn't work, as you can only spawn when you're in a squad - being kicked out, you would be able to play without a squad, until you're dead.

​But: You'd have to join a squad after that anyways, no more lonewolfing after your death...

​In the end, a good squad leader needs to rely on his squadmates, if 3/9 are not teamplaying and are just running off on their own, it is no solution to have to write to an ingame-admin or moderator to get them cleaned out.

So there has to be a way for a squad-leader to have control over his squadmates.

I talked to motherdear about this about a week ago, and he said that squad management tools like kicking will probably not be in until the Early Access release.

I talked to motherdear about this about a week ago, and he said that squad management tools like kicking will probably not be in until the Early Access release.

Thanks for the info, I will pass this on.

It gets bad when they take an essential kit like grenadier or medic and run out on their own never intending to use it or helping with it... and not being responsive.

Basically handicapping your squad and its abilities.. and there is little to nothing we can do about it.

I haven't seen this in a major way yet but I am sure we will.

Darn, was hoping for earlier.  For me, it's not so much for lone wolfers but for those who spam the mic with childish jokes every 5 seconds when people are trying to communicate.  Had that happen in my 2nd game between 2 immature people.  I don't mind a little potty humor but it was just flat out not funny at all and they would talk over our SL while engaging threats.

I am all for giving the SL the power to decide who is in his squad. If the SL is abusing the power he's probably not the kind of person you want leading the squad anyway so you're better off moving to a better lead one.

When a disruptive / non teamwork player gets kicked from a squad by the SL they shouldn't just die but when they do (as they will) they would have to join another squad or make their own.

In lone wolfings defense there have been times during this pre-alpha where I was able to flank unnoticed and cause serious damage so the rest of my team could advance. Now that being said those instances are far and few between. It's very hard to take on multiple enemy by yourself.

But ya.... Give it a few days to work itself out. Still lots of learning to do for people.

If a SL isn't specifically telling a soldier to do it, he shouldn't, simple as that.

If a SL isn't specifically telling a soldier to do it, he shouldn't, simple as that.

Except this is just a game. Not combat. Not to mention it was pre-alpha. All of us were having a good time. Not to mention if this were a competition match then people wouldn't be off running around.

has a Medic, it Happened to me after i die and the spawn point got taken by the enemy so i had to spawn back at the main, i was a lone wolf for a while until i reach my squad,

while been lone wolf i revive and heal a couple of player on the way and so i had to stop and shot enemy while my squad leader was yelling after me for not been with my squad.. lol

to all other i revive alone the way. thanks me later.

but true, people should stay with their leader unless they tell you to go somewhere else. (like spliting the group in 2 or whatver reason)

but please do not kick to quickly. thanks

Except this is just a game. Not combat. Not to mention it was pre-alpha. All of us were having a good time. Not to mention if this were a competition match then people wouldn't be off running around.

You are right it's a game and people should be able to play how they like. However they might not be wanted in a squad who are being lead by SL taking a more serious tactical approach. If they won't make their own squad the SL should have the power to remove them from the one he's leading.

You are right it's a game and people should be able to play how they like. However they might not be wanted in a squad who are being lead by SL taking a more serious tactical approach. If they won't make their own squad the SL should have the power to remove them from the one he's leading.

I agree but we have understand that pub play is just that, pub play. Not pros or a league.

Don't confuse my objectivity with disagreement. I despise the lone wolf sniper as much as the next guy.

I agree but we have understand that pub play is just that, pub play. Not pros or a league.

​Public play doesn't mean it shouldn't be controllable. To me, SQUAD has to show a certain face, to new players and to regular players. But you can't teach people by yelling at them while they don't react to it.

No consequences - no power - no order.

​This game relies on having the power over the situation as a SL, otherwise you'll be lost in chaos and tragedy - even if it's just a game.

I despise the lone wolf sniper as much as the next guy.

​Are you sure? ;)

I think there are a lot of players now that are bored of the solo lone wolf kind of play most fps games are tailored to and are looking to take things to the next level. I know I am. Public play is fine for me. With Insurgency I have found favorite public and clan servers, with guys who have a similar play style as myself, I frequent and hope to have a similar experience with Squad. How new guys adapt to the play style expected in Squad depends heavily on SLs. Giving SL tools to make their job easier is pretty important imho.

​Are you sure? ;)

Honestly I only despise it when I'm not the one doing it. Games like CoD and newer gen Battlefields are tailored to the younger ADHD arcade kids. I would love to be a lone wolf sniper who's the eyes and ears for the squad and team if that was the order I was given. I'm quite handy with the long range rifle now. Can't wait for the scope.

Remember that the ability to lock the squad is needed too. Otherwise, that guy you keep kicking could just keep coming back lol. But squad management tools are coming. Just be patient! :)

Remember that the ability to lock the squad is needed too. Otherwise, that guy you keep kicking could just keep coming back lol. But squad management tools are coming. Just be patient! :)

If a guy has to be repeatedly kicked from a squad because he's not towing the line and is doing it to grief the SL and his team I think straight to admin and kick/ ban from the server is more appropriate than locking squads. You only get so many chances in my book. If you won't change your ways......begone foul daemon.