263 posts in this topic

Thanks for the manual.

I found two little mistakes on page 14 while reading:

1. Play to utlize (missing an i)

2. Everything you do, whether it is defending or attaching (-> attacking)

Here are some grammatical mistakes.

Page 4:

Linux and Mac operating systems are not support at the moment. However, the game engine under Squad, the Unreal Engine 4, will at aim at supporting Linux and Mac. Hence, it might be possible these platforms will be supported in the future.

Page 5:

Squad is build on the game engine "Unreal Engine 4"

Page 6:

Since PR version 1.3 it no longer require the original Battlefield 2.

Page 12:

This chapter intents to help new players

Many build-in gameplay features in Squad promote realism.

Although realism is a priority, it is balanced with playbabilty.

Page 15:

Observe your squad members behaviour on the map

Page 16:

Customer servers: Unlicensed, self hosted, and modded servers will be listed here. Not used at the moment.

Should be Custom servers

The build numer is a 4-digit number.

Page 17:

VAC stands for Valve Anti-Cheat, a anti cheat software.

Text limit reached, continuing.

Page 18:

deployables can only be placed inside the range of an FOB

The manual mostly uses "a FOB" for its notation. I'll point out when it uses "an FOB" instead.

Update: The first translation of the new manual has arrived. German. See OP for download. Our thanks go to r0tzbua for this lightning fast translation.

Neuigkeiten: Unsere erste Übersetzung des neuen Handbuchs liegt vor: in deutscher Sprache. Verfügbar im OP. Unser Dank geht an r0tzbua für seine blitzschnelle Übersetzung.

Update: The first translation of the new manual has arrived. German. See OP for download. Our thanks go to r0tzbua for this lightning fast translation.

Slow days at work are sometimes quite useful  ;)

Neuigkeiten: Unsere erste Übersetzung des neuen Handbuchs liegt vor: in deutscher Sprache. Verfügbar im OP. Unser Dank geht an r0tzbua für seine blitzschnelle Übersetzung.

awesome!

To all those proofreaders and feedbackers. Many thanks! Keep it coming. This will all go into the next revision of the manual.

To all those proofreaders and feedbackers. Many thanks! Keep it coming. This will all go into the next revision of the manual.

Another addition I'm thinking of you could add is for players who want to manually connect to an IP Address through the console (for example if they have an empty server list).

• Open the console
  • Type in

open IP:Port

EDIT:

Never mind, this feature doesn't even exist, someone wrote this apparent "trick" in the Steam forums but it seems to be bullshit.

Update: The second translation of the new manual has arrived. Spanish. See OP for download. Lets send our thanks to Gal4ct1c for his fast and extra-thorough translation.

Update: The next translation of the manual has arrived. Italian. See OP for download. Lets send our merry thanks to Ganzino.

Nice manual, but it is virtually useless, because servers are not enforcing this. Right now gameplay quality is really poor. :(

Nice manual, but it is virtually useless, because servers are not enforcing this. Right now gameplay quality is really poor. :(

Hello cossack. I'd like to know what you call a "really poor gameplay quality".

In my experience new players have always shown interest in learning, and those who don't show interest in one round and play "quiet" or don't follow orders, will end up asking for help in the next round.

If you look in the OP there's a tinyurl link for us to let others know about the manual in game (provided by invisible.nin/Sine). Most of the newcomers (if not all of them) won't have any idea about the existence/importance of the manual so atm is up to us to kindly suggest them to read it (not oblige them, but giving them the option to do it or not).

Cheers.

''Poor gameplay quality'' is micless SL's, lone wolfs, actually nobody is talking and responding to what I say, server admins not caring about it. Like kicking such people. And in the end I just quit, because it feels like disappointment and waste of time. I try it again and again, but I guess my standards and expectations are too high comparing what I get playing PR. 

''Poor gameplay quality'' is micless SL's, lone wolfs, actually nobody is talking and responding to what I say, server admins not caring about it. Like kicking such people. And in the end I just quit, because it feels like disappointment and waste of time. I try it again and again, but I guess my standards and expectations are too high comparing what I get playing PR. 

Dont lost your mood men :) 

I play PR many years and Squad is really at high level. Hope you was just unlucky. Quality is there pretty nice. It can happen. I have problems too that nobody answer but they follow and thats enough. And its very nice when round is ending and from silent squad is normal talking living creature :) 

Lead by example. no more no less. Just Do it :) 

So much time playing the SQUAD and never saw the guide before) need to post it on the first page and discuss there only the real interesting features that are not written in the guide)