263 posts in this topic

I was just about to say that it looks like an army field manual(FM) when I checked out the spoiler link. Nice!

Usgu, may I suggest jumping on this opportunity of being the first one to release a guide for Squad's steam page? The link is here, which will take you to the steam Squad page where guides can be uploaded. If you get your manual up early, potential players and new players alike can use it as their first reference when they jump on Steam!

Update: Thanks to Gal4ct1c, version 1.2.0 of the Spanish translation is available now. Amazing how fast he translates.

Usgu, may I suggest jumping on this opportunity of being the first one to release a guide for Squad's steam page? The link is here, which will take you to the steam Squad page where guides can be uploaded. If you get your manual up early, potential players and new players alike can use it as their first reference when they jump on Steam!

Cheers for pointing out, penguins. Good point, but for the time being the manual will stay a PDF. But anyone feel free to write a short "getting started guide" or "quick start guide" there. We still really need this. You can also point to the manual at the end of such guide, for those seeking more information.

By the way, the manual is already linked up as "manual" from the Squad's Steam page. Very cool!

By the way, the manual is already linked up as "manual" from the Squad's Steam page. Very cool!

I just found that no more than a minute ago. Thank you for your hard work.

Wow, 68 pages!

I will read it meanwhile i wait the Steam release :)

Thank for your work!

Wow, 68 pages!

I will read it meanwhile i wait the Steam release :)

Thank for your work!

Cheers,

Focus on chapter 3. Most parts of chapter 2 will no longer be relevant when we got to Steam.

Great work man, love the effort.

If you're interested in a german translation if you update it for Steam, hit me up.

This is a great manual with lots of information for any budding player!

Usgu, if you would like before the release of your next update I would happily proof read, there are some incorrect spellings and/or wrong words that spell check has missed in your current manual.

Regards

Great work man, love the effort.

If you're interested in a german translation if you update it for Steam, hit me up.

I'll take you up on that offer. :D

This is a great manual with lots of information for any budding player!

Usgu, if you would like before the release of your next update I would happily proof read, there are some incorrect spellings and/or wrong words that spell check has missed in your current manual.

Regards

Cheers, Gurman. This time, for the next release, I will get expert help from the Squad QA team for proof reading. When the manual is released (teaser: VERY soon), you can still help making it better. Feedback is always valued and some missspelling will get through this time, too.

Update: The new manual has arrived, updated for Steam Early Access and full of new and improved content (please go to OP). Riflemen and Soon-to-be-Early-Access players, enjoy the read - this is for you. To sweeten your wait, watch the Early Access Release Teaser below on endless repeat. This will prepare you for EA Tuesday.

Yes, the manual has a completely new look and a reset of the version numbering - find out why in the OP.

Feedback is welcome as always.

NpeC93j.jpg

I hid the old version from sight for you my friend!  I hope you dont mind.

Congrats on the new release and the new look!!!

Love the new look and just glanced at the manual and it looks really nice and helpful to new players and even old players.

Cheers, guys. This time I had a lot of help.

Typo at page 12:

And instead of amd, I think

Damn, I missed that one. :lol:

Nice work Usgu, as us(g)ual !! Time for me to end my home works (electricity done, stone floor too, remain paintings and some finishes) and go back to translation... Sorry for delay guys :(

Usgu  you are an amazing example to the community and I want to make sure everyone recognizes your immense effort. 

Really outstanding. We owe you big time!

20120917_C6879_PHOTO_EN_17891-1.jpg

Objective : V1.0 translated to FR for Xmas (or at least end of month) !!! Began today (with a trowel in right hand and pieces of plaster in the left one, but I began...)

UPDATE : January 6 @ 23:15 PM : manual fully translated !

mh i think on the reccomanded settings you should remove windows 7 and 8.1  because you say " direct X 12 grapichs card " and these two OS support up to DX 11.1