SFSS-scarypunk

SFSS clan looking for active members

should mention it cost $3.00 a month to be a member so people like myself don't waste their time signing up, reading it and then never logging in again :)

Thank you for pointing this out.

clan dues or membership fee's are necessary in order for the clan to conduct its business. The clan has fiscal requirements and accountabilities to service providers.(gameservers,webservers,teamspeak etc) The system is fully transparent to all SFSS members. Any money coming in is being spent solely on the SFSS itself. This has been the process for the last 13 years and there has never been a problem.

I will also mention as a new recruit in the SFSS you are not required to pay any dues. There is a set time period before a new recruit will be offered an official membership. At that time we would encourage the new members to pay their dues. This gives the potential new recruit the chance to part ways if he so chooses as well as gives the clan the chance to recede the offer.

Most active clans charge a monthly or yearly fee to their members.  Game servers, website hosting and other various costs are associated with a gaming clan.  I charge my members a fee as part of the right to wear the clan tags.  They, in return, get access to the clan private forum section, reserved slots on any servers that we rent and they get other benefits.

Anyone who thinks that running a clan costs nothing needs to think again.  We are upfront with this information in our recruitment page in the interests of transparency.  If you arent prepared to financially support the clan then you best look elsewhere.  This is fair to everyone.

Im paying 100% out of pocket for the 303RD. Simply run on donations. So far so good, but we will see how things change once servers start running.

Most active clans charge a monthly or yearly fee to their members.  Game servers, website hosting and other various costs are associated with a gaming clan.  I charge my members a fee as part of the right to wear the clan tags.  They, in return, get access to the clan private forum section, reserved slots on any servers that we rent and they get other benefits.

Anyone who thinks that running a clan costs nothing needs to think again.  We are upfront with this information in our recruitment page in the interests of transparency.  If you arent prepared to financially support the clan then you best look elsewhere.  This is fair to everyone.

Maybe in squad, this has never been the norm for me though, in every other game I've played all clans ran on donations not membership fees.

And I do see there are more free clans then membership free clans in squad too so I wouldn't say "most"

not that $3 is any significant amount of money for me, but I more prefer the donation method when I feel like the clan I joined has earned it or I'm getting my enjoyment out of it.

Maybe in squad, this has never been the norm for me though, in every other game I've played all clans ran on donations not membership fees.

And I do see there are more free clans then membership free clans in squad too so I wouldn't say "most"

not that $3 is any significant amount of money for me, but I more prefer the donation method when I feel like the clan I joined has earned it or I'm getting my enjoyment out of it.

If you have any more issues with it, please feel free to contact me and i'd be happy to discuss.  This has no place on our recruitment thread.

Well how nice for you.  I so hope that you were one of the people donating to which ever clan you were with if you were actually with a clan.  I would call you an entitled freeloader to be quite honest.  In my clan you would never become a tag member of the clan if you werent prepared to accept the membership fee which shows me that you are willing to be a full part of the clan and that would include helping pay for the servers.  To me it is not so much the money but as much as it is showing you to be an investor in the longevity of the group.  Dont even get me started on the "has earned it" mindset......

I have members that pay 2 or 3 times the monthly fee because they believe in the group and they appreciate what they are getting in return.  Ive been playing and paying for about 20 years and the only time that "earned" has crossed my mind is that I earned a clans respect enough that they would consider me as a member.

Feel free to join any of the free clans around.  Some have sponsors or their sites are polluted with ads and maybe some clan owners are just a lot richer than me.  In the meantime how about not coming into someones recruitment thread and dumping in it about how they handle their recruitment and their financial practices.

Full disclosure: my post earlier in the thread was not meant to derail or devalue SFSS as a potential clan whatsoever.

if you cant afford $3 youve clearly got other issues, mainly not making your Mom mad so she doesnt revoke your credit card priveleges.

From what I have seen, SFSS are solid people and a clan thats just as viable as any of the others running right now.

Chair, jog on m8

I'm new SFSS, I'm only a RCT but I know they are an active clan with great guys playing. On the issue of "Dues" they are willing to work with you if you have issues coming up with the funds. But honestly $3.00 a month to help pay for the Servers, TS, Domain Names, and NCO Slush Fund... just kidding on Slush fund, but the rest cost money. My last clan i was hosting with a few others and cost us around 25 a month to keep server up. But once again I'm new, and its just my opinion.

Well how nice for you.  I so hope that you were one of the people donating to which ever clan you were with if you were actually with a clan.  I would call you an entitled freeloader to be quite honest.  In my clan you would never become a tag member of the clan if you werent prepared to accept the membership fee which shows me that you are willing to be a full part of the clan and that would include helping pay for the servers.  To me it is not so much the money but as much as it is showing you to be an investor in the longevity of the group.  Dont even get me started on the "has earned it" mindset......

I have members that pay 2 or 3 times the monthly fee because they believe in the group and they appreciate what they are getting in return.  Ive been playing and paying for about 20 years and the only time that "earned" has crossed my mind is that I earned a clans respect enough that they would consider me as a member.

Feel free to join any of the free clans around.  Some have sponsors or their sites are polluted with ads and maybe some clan owners are just a lot richer than me.  In the meantime how about not coming into someones recruitment thread and dumping in it about how they handle their recruitment and their financial practices.

Thats awesome, I didn't want to start any fights around here.

I talked with SFSS in private and although I didn't comment on it I was more stumped that there was a $3 membership fee but it looked like the clan wasn't active at all,

But I was instructed that its because new members can't see the hidden threads so it caught me off guard and I thought "it cost money and nobody is posting?"

I was wrong and I apologize for that, and I did donate lots of money to my past clans, as well as my time and skills with IT support + amateur web design. (so I'd like to think I'm not a free loader, after I paid $90 for this game)

I meant no disrespect and just wanted to sort all that out, to be clear It just looked fishy to me that there was a $3 membership fee but nobody was posting anything, although I now know why.

I have also not really ever been in a clan that required that much money to run, so as an example in a 30 man clan on BF3 it cost $5 a month to keep the website I ran ad-free and $15 or $20 for the 1 server we hosted. (I ate that cost)

But I can see if you had more members or more games then the cost would go up significantly.

once again, I'm sorry.

Thats awesome, I didn't want to start any fights around here.

I talked with SFSS in private and although I didn't comment on it I was more stumped that there was a $3 membership fee but it looked like the clan wasn't active at all,

But I was instructed that its because new members can't see the hidden threads so it caught me off guard and I thought "it cost money and nobody is posting?"

I was wrong and I apologize for that, and I did donate lots of money to my past clans, as well as my time and skills with IT support + amateur web design. (so I'd like to think I'm not a free loader, after I paid $90 for this game)

I meant no disrespect and just wanted to sort all that out, to be clear It just looked fishy to me that there was a $3 membership fee but nobody was posting anything, although I now know why.

I have also not really ever been in a clan that required that much money to run, so as an example in a 30 man clan on BF3 it cost $5 a month to keep the website I ran ad-free and $15 or $20 for the 1 server we hosted. (I ate that cost)

But I can see if you had more members or more games then the cost would go up significantly.

once again, I'm sorry.

Its really no problem man. At all.  MIstakes and misunderstandings happen.

We are active and play everyday -- we mostly hang out on TS as we are a family at this point and we'd love for people to become part of that.  Honestly most of our stuff is taken care at a teamspeak level and thats okay with us.  Our forums are locked down to members only and thats just the way it is.

We are currently looking for people who want to be part of one of the first squadleague matches of squad.

come make some squad history with us?

Recruits do not need to worry about dues until you decide you wish to be a full patch member.

/bump

We are participating in the "War in the Wadi" against the 303rd on Dec 05.

If interested in either joining or participating as backup let us know...

sfssclan.com

Thanks

We are looking for some last minute people for the first ever league match.

You want to be a part of it? let me know.  You can play in the match so long as there is room and we can go from there.

Good chance to find out if you want to join the clan full time and see what we are all about. 

MIC and TEAMSPEAK required.

SFSS have a legacy; and they put up a great fight and completely out played us on our second match last night. I think most people looking for some solid teamwork could find a good gaming home with them.

After that first Scrimmage I am having more and more fun with SFSS our server seems be the new hangout  :) 

After that first Scrimmage I am having more and more fun with SFSS our server seems be the new hangout  :)

you're the wild man on the blue barrel in the corner....

>:[

;)

you're the wild man on the blue barrel in the corner....

>:[

;)

hahaha that was barrels of fun to watch... (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..i'll show myself out)

Looking for modders and coders to join us. if this is you.. let me know.

We're running a (mostly full all the time) server and would love your help.

Come be a part of the original "Tactical Realism" clan