Ghaztehschmexeh

Environment Art Update #1

Is it possible to make specific parts of a structure destroyable? That Mosque, my money is on a lot of people climbing the tower and by the looks of the way its made it's going to be annoyingly hard to land Grenades and RPG's in there with the small support beams.

mosque1.jpg

8ZPgabg.jpg

I look at that building and it makes me think something I suggested before would be a good addition to this Game (Squad leader + Engineer having the ability to go round putting holes in walls and ceilings) to customise buildings and compounds.

tNUeo0i.jpg

like this building in RO2, those blown out sections act as another entrance, could be useful when making firing positions and exits for FOBs in Squad.

HrC6g1j.jpg

and if you could do this kind of thing to compound walls (more along the lines of making holes or breaking out a section so people can walk through)

Will all these new building be in this WE's build?

Probably not this weekends build, pretty much everything is locked down so the build can be tested. You can expect to see all this stuff roll in as CA progresses tho.

Glad you guys like, we all have some very cool new stuff to show you soon!

Probably not this weekends build, pretty much everything is locked down so the build can be tested. You can expect to see all this stuff roll in as CA progresses tho.

Glad you guys like, we all have some very cool new stuff to show you soon!

Oh man, stop teasing :P

Can anyone of the developing member marry me?

I'll go find a single member of the development team for you...

and if you could do this kind of thing to compound walls (more along the lines of making holes or breaking out a section so people can walk through)

In my eyes that tower looks relatively easy to raid out of enemies with Tubenades and especially with RPG/LAW.

Much has been said about the ability to destroy or modify structures on the fly.

In a small sandbox environment or game level, not much can go wrong -- especially if it's a single player game.

In a large multiplayer game, that kind of interaction has the tendency to overwork servers. If the server lags, everyone lags. If the server crashes, everybody's game is interrupted.

Thanks again for the kind words everyone! As far as destructible buildings go - we aren't currently putting any work into this.

Yes, the train has incorrect bogies currently. I am using them as placeholders for now. Don't worry - I have actual schematics for this train AND it's bogies!  B)

Can anyone of the developing member marry me?

Kuroneko best girl so yeah sure.

Is it possible to make specific parts of a structure destroyable? That Mosque, my money is on a lot of people climbing the tower and by the looks of the way its made it's going to be annoyingly hard to land Grenades and RPG's in there with the small support beams.

mosque1.jpg

8ZPgabg.jpg

I look at that building and it makes me think something I suggested before would be a good addition to this Game (Squad leader + Engineer having the ability to go round putting holes in walls and ceilings) to customise buildings and compounds.

tNUeo0i.jpg

like this building in RO2, those blown out sections act as another entrance, could be useful when making firing positions and exits for FOBs in Squad.

HrC6g1j.jpg

RO2 have lots of it,what SQUAD DEVs should copy from...weapon handling,weapon resting,hit in limbs self healing or body shot and u r on the ground for medic to revive you and finaly,headshot is not for revive...also UE3 engine have, player can loose his limbs,when hand granade,mortar or bigger hits the ground near him...so UE4 must have that also...that would be epic if we get this components...also when u prone,hit w and shift and start sprinting and when u release the keys,instant go prone...that would be 1. Game on the market.

I think people misunderstand what i'm saying. I'm not talking about procedural destruction i'm talking about the same kind of destruction that was there in PR on the BF2 engine and if UE4 can't handle that then in some ways it's a step back lol.

I'm basically talking about switching models out, like the Squad leader looking at a window in that mosque and being able to remove sections (make a hole, make an entrance):

http://i.imgur.com/tNUeo0i.jpg

I genuinely think it would improve the Game greatly and help vary up Battles, I think the reason the Developers are saying no is that they'd have to go back and re-do the models to have this modular nature. RO2 does this on a very basic level in UE3 (some destroyable objects in maps) so it would be more complex, but definitely worth it imo.

It could be used both offensively and defensively, like a Squad leader near a FOB with an Engineer would be able to customise buildings within range infinitely (put it on a cool down timer so 4 alterations a minute or something) and on the offense (Squad leader + breacher class) would be able to do it once to break into a compound or building. Destruction is probably one of the top requests I see on these forums, and I think a system like the one i've suggested would be the happiest medium possible both in terms of Gameplay and performance.

Those details is just amazing that's what i was waiting for that Grass thoooo if you sneak down it gives you that most excited realism feeling!! :D 

Thnx devs en modelers! 

I can see things like pillboxes and bunkers could work for destruction........as its only a single switch for operational/destroyed per static........but were still not going there for now....more important things to do first