Kydric

WW2 Mod for the game Squad/ Any willing to make it?

Squad WW2 Mod  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Who would love to play a WW2 Mod for this game?

• Yes, that will be freaking awesome.
    • No!
    • I am definetely not against such a project.

Hey guys,

With this amazing game and its amazing engine I just wish to ask who is going to create a classic WW2 Mod. Just imagine all the tanks, half-trucks, jeeps, planes, helicopters and the building of WW2 defenses + D-Day Normandy Invasion on Omaha Beach or the Airborne Invasion. There was a mod for project reality like this, but adding the paratrooper part like it was in the I44 Arma 2 mod as this engine/game is fluent compared to it. That would be freaking amazing. Wanna know if somebody is even thinking/willing to make such a mod. And please answer the question if you agree with me by clicking yes so the modders know people wi=ould love that.

Sincerely,

Kydric

WW2 games set in the Western and Eastern fronts have been done absolutely to death. Remember that the 2nd World War was fought a massive global scale. Some historians even regard the 1937 Japanese invasion of China to be the actual onset of the war, or even the invasion of Manchuria 6 years earlier. Imagine, playing as a KMT soldier on the walls of Nanking, making a final stand against the onslaught of Japanese banzai charges and tanks, or in the fighting tooth and nail in the streets of Shanghai, or playing as a communist guerilla ambushing Japanese railway stations and supply lines, or even a depiction of the uneasy relationship between with the New Fourth Army Incident, where the KMT decimated a large garrison of the communist New Fourth Army.

The Pacific Theatre is also one that is fairly overlooked, pretty much every amphibious landing the USMC did was like a D-Day, landing on islands as small as specks of dusts on maps with dense jungles and fighting against a fanatical enemy, always hiding, always willing to die as long as they took down a Marine with them. The Japanese assets could even be interchangeable.

133597130_14092091194271n.jpg

Japanese tanks approaching ZhongHua Gate

Shanghai1937KMT_machine_gun_nest.jpg

a KMT machine gun nest position

0_0_0_0_9_co_so.jpg?itok=3YKUi8LU

The KMT army was equipped by the Weimar Republic through the 1920s and 1930s 

Oh yes, it will be my personal dream. A really well done transposition of the core inside squad inside that time period will be so damn good. I just voted Yes.

Be part of some greatests battles such as El-Alamain, Kursk, Stalingrad, Caen... :wub:

I still dream of the day I can play d-day like how it looked in saving private ryan,
that would be so fun!!!

closest feeling I've gotten so far was operation barracuda in PR, we raided the beach with boats and set up a fob, it was a pretty epic game.

Been thinking about it and id love to work on a pacific theater or African theater. Both sound equally fun and haven't been explored quite as much :)

I have alwyas wanted to full explore the african campaigns. 

That sounds sexy trying to keep Rommels batallion from advancing with there panzers XD

Sorry but I want a vietnam mod. For me the BF:Vietnam game was the best of all times.

I have alwyas wanted to full explore the african campaigns.

-snip-

So much agree with all of you!

I'm having conflicting emotions now..

So much agree with all of you!

I'm having conflicting emotions now..

Tripwire has done the Eastern Front, the Pacific Theatre really well, now they're gonna make their FPS set in Vietnam :P

I still dream of the day I can play d-day like how it looked in saving private ryan,

that would be so fun!!!

closest feeling I've gotten so far was operation barracuda in PR, we raided the beach with boats and set up a fob, it was a pretty epic game.

You missed your chance but you could probably still find this game

http://youtu.be/U3EnVrAquBA

I've heard rumors of RO2 modders looking at Squad with lustful eyes.  :)

I'd bet on a WW2 mod of some sort eventually, the devs have stated they'd love to see one and would support it in the past. It'd be my game of choice.

And i'm looking RO2 modders with lustful eyes now!

It's the usual suspects.

Tractionwars looks cool , but it's been in development since 2011 and I've yet to see any actual gameplay. With it being a part time thing, it could still be a while.

It's the usual suspects.

Tractionwars looks cool , but it's been in development since 2011 and I've yet to see any actual gameplay. With it being a part time thing, it could still be a while.

They announced a timeframe for releasing. "We are now officially targeting for Chapter One: OVERLORD to be released in 18-24 months."

http://www.tractionwars.com/content/119-news-updates/337-news-update-52-road-overlord-part-1.html

Of course planning and doing are different things but it's at least something.

Thank god I put up the comment to see all those wonderful answers. Also Traction Wars.... Looking nice. And absolutely free. Also why the fuck has not cared to ever make an Italian Campaign. I would love to play as an Italian. I am Bulgarian, but still like Italy! Greece! North Africa! All just.... never thought of.

On 9/22/2015 at 2:55 PM, ShaunOfCathay said:

Tripwire has done the Eastern Front, the Pacific Theatre really well, now they're gonna make their FPS set in Vietnam :P

Ahh good ole'tripwire. I did a contributor contract for them back in 2005 to push RO1 out the door for release. Was pretty fun doing that while still in high school lol.

I wish that war before 1941 was more presented in games.Nowadays all campaings i played so far started at 1941.I think some people dont even know about pre-1941 war.Pls someone do a mod for Squad or RO2 of 1939-1941 war era, or i will make a crappy game myself and you will cry playing it.

Well, PR did had ww2 mod for a limited time before it went standalone. That ww2 mod was extremely fun and I would like to see it in the future.