Sign in to follow this  
WARti0k0ne -BG-

The design standard for mouse sensitivity

I'll just point out that when talking about cm/ 360° DPI, sensitivity etc. doesn't matter (acceleration would matter, but it's inconsistent anyway).

I use 56cm/ 360° (22in/ 360° for amerifags) in all games I play because I find it the right balance between speed and precision. Squad's shooting mechanics feel wonky regardless, there's simply way too much sway and recoil to feel natural.

I use something like 5-6cm/360° because I'm too lazy too move my hand around a alot.

I don't see how this helps devs because this is user preference and there is "aim sensitivity" setting just for this one. It is something that you should customize to your own liking and it should not be designed to be same for all.

The sensitivity is user preference and varies from game to game. In games where you need to twitch from target to target and fire off single shots to kill, a high sensitivity might be better. For games where you're only engaging 1 or 2 targets at range and you have to track them along with compensate for recoil, low sensitivity might be more useful. Really it comes down to personal preference. If you can get kills with a high sensitivity, go for it. Me personally, I was struggling at first until I kept decreasing sensitivity. Now I am doing quite well.

Mouse acceptation is a whole other issue but I think most people will say that it has to be disabled.

Mouse smoothing can be another issue that could make your mouse feel crappy. Be default, mouse smoothing is enabled in Squad. I would suggest disabling it.

The last thing is graphics performance. You need consistently high frame rates to get a pleasurable shooting experience. I'd think anything hovering around 30 FPS would be too low