Sign in to follow this  
Silly_Jolly

Except shadowplay, what else do u recommend?

Hey guys,

I am trying to record some awesome footages of Squad and post them on Chinese community those days. However, I found my shadowplay doesnt work at all on my laptop (K660E, i7-4710MQ, GTX860M, 8G memory with 128G SSD. Windows7 64bit.)  It is very sad when u had a great game experience but u cant share ur gameplay.(Too bad I am away from home, so it's I can't use my far better desktop PC.  :w;)

So I am just wondering if there r any recording softwares as simple as Shadowplay. Or can u guys help me to fix my shadowplay? 

Great Great thank to yo all.:P

Hey guys,

I am trying to record some awesome footages of Squad and post them on Chinese community those days. However, I found my shadowplay doesnt work at all on my laptop (K660E, i7-4710MQ, GTX860M, 8G memory with 128G SSD. Windows7 64bit.)  It is very sad when u had a great game experience but u cant share ur gameplay.(Too bad I am away from home, so it's I can't use my far better desktop PC.  :w;)

So I am just wondering if there r any recording softwares as simple as Shadowplay. Or can u guys help me to fix my shadowplay? 

Great Great thank to yo all. :P

Shadow play might not support that card.

Use Bandicam good quality, and you can use the software and record on a potato with no frame drops.

Make sure to configure the software correctly if you're going to edit it. 

When you install the software just Google "Bandicam settings for X software" for example: "Bandicam settings for Sony Vegas"

Good luck, have fun, enjoy! <3

I've switched over to dxtory as well. Following Jackfrag's settings from the above video will get you going. If it doesn't work for you, then it's definitely something on your end. Good luck and be sure to post links to your videos in the media section!

I recommend using OBS

It is a free OPEN SOURCE cross platform solution that allows you to steam and save files locally

It supports offloading the encoding processing from your CPU to your onboard K CPU if your not using it or have an K CPU

or it can use the shadowplay chip

https://obsproject.com/

The only extra thing I would like to see OBS to support is to save local stored gameplay files in HEVC

which one gets the least FPS drop??? My shadowplay can now record sounds, but Video itself is still black screen!   Is it the problem only happens on Laptop?

I've switched over to dxtory as well. Following Jackfrag's settings from the above video will get you going. If it doesn't work for you, then it's definitely something on your end. Good luck and be sure to post links to your videos in the media section!

Seems I just watched a video from months back that Jack uses Shadowplay.  Hmmm!

I recommend Action!.  It's amazing and causes me no issues.  Adjusting settings is easy.  It is not free but well worth it IMHO.  I also use Xsplit to stream or record.  That is free but you have to pay if you want native resolution recorded.  I have also noticed that Xsplit doesn't play nice with other programs and overlays.  

To everyone using OBS, what settings do you run and how bad is your fps drop?  I have a 4770K and GTX 980.  I decided I wanted to try out Shadowplay but once I installed it and figured out it doesn't work on windowed mode I didn't really want to use it.  So I downloaded OBS and have been playing with it but it is dropping my fps by about 15% just in a local game.  I was hoping someone here could provide some advice.

Thanks,

Chief

To everyone using OBS, what settings do you run and how bad is your fps drop?  I have a 4770K and GTX 980.  I decided I wanted to try out Shadowplay but once I installed it and figured out it doesn't work on windowed mode I didn't really want to use it.  So I downloaded OBS and have been playing with it but it is dropping my fps by about 15% just in a local game.  I was hoping someone here could provide some advice.

Thanks,

Chief

Shadowplay works if you play your games in window mode if you enable desktop capturing.

shadowplay%20settings2_zpswd1v9jli.jpg

which one gets the least FPS drop??? My shadowplay can now record sounds, but Video itself is still black screen!   Is it the problem only happens on Laptop?

is "Record Desktop" checked?  I launch squad from the .exe and shadow play wouldn't "record" because, I'm assuming, it didn't think a game was playing.  After checking this box everything you do is recorded (not the best for streaming) but that works fine if you plan on editing. 

DESMO WINS

Shadowplay works if you play your games in window mode if you enable desktop capturing.

I was aware of that option, but my understanding is that my second monitor would also be recorded and would need to be trimmed off later.

Edit:  Would thank you again if I could DesmoLocke, while it put the indicator on my second monitor, It didn't actually record the secondary monitor.  I liked the features of OBS better but unless I can get the performance penalty down then I will just use shadowplay.  Thanks again.

I don't have a rich PC that can record all the time so shadow play is the best thing for me to grab those "WTF" moments. 

OBS is the best free platform.

There are better paid versions but, Free is the better route.

I was aware of that option, but my understanding is that my second monitor would also be recorded and would need to be trimmed off later.

Edit:  Would thank you again if I could DesmoLocke, while it put the indicator on my second monitor, It didn't actually record the secondary monitor.  I liked the features of OBS better but unless I can get the performance penalty down then I will just use shadowplay.  Thanks again.

No problem man. You're welcome.