Litoralis

Australasia And Oceania Community Members, Check In Here.

Yeah Gday.

Be on the lookout for this douche Canoe cheater. He stands out like a horse fly on a cow turd because his attitude for starters is reptilian. Unfortunately i didnt get a screen shot of his 137-5 score at the end as it was about 1am, wasnt thinking quick as was really tired of playing squad up late for 3 days 8-)

Be good to screenshot and ban 'it'. His comical threat ("dont f.ck with me") on the next map as he started up his ddos script lagging the server indicates to me that you guys should just ban it.

laters.

IFlfvXW.jpg.

dont worry about him mate, he's been hunted and delt with after a 4 day effort .. at least through BigDgaming and as it stands their admins are in connection to all squad servers.

BigD Gaming is here to support the continued growth of the Oceanic Squad Community and we would like to give clans, units and individuals the best game play and social experience they can get. 

So BigD Gaming now has its clan/unit directory section open to new units and individuals to join. 

This will allow clans and units to join or form inside BigD Gaming. Clans and units that join the BigD Gaming Community will be able to take part in our proposed team vs team competition, which we are aiming to put together and start sometime in the next couple months. Plus BigD clans and units get priority access to community events. 

If you are interested in starting a unit or want to bring your existing unit into the fold, contact myself on here or the BigD Gaming Teamspeak and I will give you the ability to setup your own group entry. 

All groups made in or that join BigD Gaming Community are eligible to receive their own private discussion area, private teamspeak channels, ability to accept membership requests via an easy to setup process via your groups entry on the directory and of course become apart of the BigD family. 

If you want to form a brand new unit, you will need at least 4-5 players to start the unit and to nominate at least one of yourselves as the leader. 

Check out the units that have already signed up to the units directory: BigD Gaming Community - Unit Directory

For those that are wanting to / havent joined the SQUAD - Australia & New Zealand Steam group. Open steam and holding the mouse over your username at the top and clicking "groups" then "browse groups" by adding (Squad Australia New Zealand) or you can use your web browser and go to http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SquadAUNZ

On 4/28/2016 at 1:57 PM, ChanceBrahh said:

For those that are wanting to / havent joined the SQUAD - Australia & New Zealand Steam group. Open steam and holding the mouse over your username at the top and clicking "groups" then "browse groups" by adding (Squad Australia New Zealand) or you can use your web browser and go to http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SquadAUNZ

Will this group be a platform for upcoming events on the Australian servers?

7 minutes ago, justachap said:

Will this group be a platform for upcoming events on the Australian servers?

It has been we ran many events through out closed and closed pre alpha, last event we ran was January 25th but this has only been due to the lack of (open) community run events lately. This will be changing very soon so to answer your question yes =]

Gday Guys

I like the look of the game. It's reminiscent of the good old BF2 days when people actually squaded proper.

I am concerned about online. Is there much OZ play and can you play on OS servers without being kicked for ping?
If I was working I would jump right on but have been outa work a year, so don't wanna get wallet burnt.

Cheers Bob

12 hours ago, bobbavet said:

Gday Guys

I like the look of the game. It's reminiscent of the good old BF2 days when people actually squaded proper.

I am concerned about online. Is there much OZ play and can you play on OS servers without being kicked for ping?
If I was working I would jump right on but have been outa work a year, so don't wanna get wallet burnt.

Cheers Bob

hey Bob. My experience has been that this game is totally enjoyable on overseas servers despite the ping. It's never been so bad that people complain about it, and besides the usual dying after you go behind cover, it plays very smooth. Most of the time I manage to get a spot on the BigD aus servers though - sometimes you have to endure on a server with few players though.

Anyway, I find the crowd on the BigD servers to be very friendly compared to a lot of the big OS servers so credit goes to the admins!

Edited by Burnzoire

Thanks for the reply Burzonaire. Do you really need a mic? Like are there others that play without?

I am pretty much submissive and like to be ordered around. lols

Thanks for the reply Burzonaire. Do you really need a mic? Like are there others that play without?

I am pretty much submissive and like to be ordered around. lols

You definitely need a mic.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Giving feedback on enemy movement to your Squad Leader with your mic is the most efficient means, rather than typing

1 minute ago, Hipporider said:

You definitely need a mic.

Will have to find me a clip on. I am too attached to these Superflux Headphones.

Any recommendations?

Edited by bobbavet

Will have to find me a clip on. I am too attached to these Superflux Headphones.

Any recommendations?

PC Case Gear: modmic

http://search.pccasegear.com/search#w=modmic

Apparently these are very good, much better than "gaming headsets" microphones . Be sure to choose the right config mic, ie; omni vs uni and muteless vs muteable

Hey guys [TAS]Madax here, just came across this group chat. Awesome to see some many Aus into this game!

Hey all, been playing in the BigD servers for a couple of months now - very grateful of the community it harbors and we've had many fantastic matches with awesome teamwork and coordination.  It would be great if somehow the full servers at 64 players could be dispersed into the #2 and #3 servers at the end of a match but I know that isn't technically possible (Squad needs to get an upgraded server browser that allows queuing etc.).  Occasionally we find we can't join the popular server and play something else instead, lol.

I'm usually streaming our Squad sessions on my Twitch.tv account here:

https://www.twitch.tv/rainey06aus

We are normally playing from 9:30pm AEST on any given night (weeknights and weekends)

Like Madax in the post above me, there are 3 of us from Tassie (we actually work in the same office too) that play using a state 'clan' tag of [TAS].

[TAS] Rainey

[TAS] Madax

[TAS] its_tricky83

None of us are very confident with the SL role yet, but we're always looking to dive into a squad and help out/follow instruction.  See ya's round!

Edited by rainey06au

Does the game have any offline content at all. Be it some kind of weapon range or practice.

I would like to get used to aspects, controls etc before jumping in.

Can you lone wolf it out the back of a game without being caned for doing so?

I hate goin in like a dumbass.

Edited by bobbavet

38 minutes ago, bobbavet said:

Does the game have any offline content at all. Be it some kind of weapon range or practice.

I would like to get used to aspects, controls etc before jumping in.

Can you lone wolf it out the back of a game without being caned for doing so?

I hate goin in like a dumbass.

There's the Practice Range you can walk around in. That's about it.

18 minutes ago, justachap said:

There's the Practice Range you can walk around in. That's about it.

Thankyou, thats great. Just downloading now. I need to tweek and see if I can get it 4k on my xfire set up.

AMD have recently released an xfire profile for Paragon which is also a UE4 title, so hoping it will help.

6 hours ago, rainey06au said:

Hey all, been playing in the BigD servers for a couple of months now - very grateful of the community it harbors and we've had many fantastic matches with awesome teamwork and coordination.  It would be great if somehow the full servers at 64 players could be dispersed into the #2 and #3 servers at the end of a match but I know that isn't technically possible (Squad needs to get an upgraded server browser that allows queuing etc.).  Occasionally we find we can't join the popular server and play something else instead, lol.

I'm usually streaming our Squad sessions on my Twitch.tv account here:

https://www.twitch.tv/rainey06aus

We are normally playing from 9:30pm AEST on any given night (weeknights and weekends)

Like Madax in the post above me, there are 3 of us from Tassie (we actually work in the same office too) that play using a state 'clan' tag of [TAS].

[TAS] Rainey

[TAS] Madax

[TAS] its_tricky83

None of us are very confident with the SL role yet, but we're always looking to dive into a squad and help out/follow instruction.  See ya's round!

Hey Rainey,

Thanks for playing on our BigD servers, and I am happy to hear your experience so far is a positive one. We strive to make sure we have a fun teamwork focused environment on all our servers and are always looking to make sure we can accommodate as many players we can. I often look to populate another server once the first hits capacity, but the disconnect rate is high and the average play time is quite low, so it makes it difficult during the week. I know you [TAS] boys are pretty active, so come chat with us on our Teamspeak and we can jump into a new server together. We have a good community of active players who are always looking for a game. 

Cya soon.

[BigD] Spono

Senior Community Admin

10 hours ago, Burnzoire said:

hey Bob. My experience has been that this game is totally enjoyable on overseas servers despite the ping. It's never been so bad that people complain about it, and besides the usual dying after you go behind cover, it plays very smooth. Most of the time I manage to get a spot on the BigD aus servers though - sometimes you have to endure on a server with few players though.

Anyway, I find the crowd on the BigD servers to be very friendly compared to a lot of the big OS servers so credit goes to the admins!

Hey Burnzoire.

Thanks for your feedback on BigD servers, we aim to make sure all players new and old have a positive SQUAD experience. Feel free to come hang out on our Teamspeak and chat with us via our forums. Just search BigD Gaming.

Cheers.

[BigD] Spono

Senior Community Admin

Guys

Downloaded and just using fire range and unpopulated servers to check it out.

Was going OK @ 4k 40". Seemed to be just under 60fps, that's just by feel. I had everything maxed out except the resolution scale.

Got xfire working on my 295x2 by using the Paragon (ue4) AMD crossfire profile.

FPS must of been high as I was getting some tear and had to enable vsync. All sweet buttery smooth.

Yeh liking it visually

Off to find me a mic

Edited by bobbavet

YEh played a bit last night and a bit this arvo, good gameplay.

Like to thank the guys on the BigD servers for letting me join a squad even without mic.

I let them know straight away and to just order me around like a bitch. I got an Antlion mic on the way.

Edited by bobbavet