Litoralis

Australasia And Oceania Community Members, Check In Here.

So I've seen a good number of people from the Southern Hemisphere join the forums, and I want to give a big shout out to you all.

I know it's harder to find each other to build communities for FPS games than in the Americas, Europe and Asia, so I was hoping you guys could use this as your corner of the forums to talk about your existing gaming communities, websites, servers, rugby and whatever else you want.

(I'm just guessing you all didn't come here from existing Aussie PR communities, but I'm not sure)

wvpASLf.png

Hey mate, I play RO2 primarily. There's a pretty good community of people here and I know a lot of people that play ARMA. I'm sure there'll be no shortage of Australiasian players in Squad when the time comes :)

One reason why PR died in AU was because PR turned its back on AU in favor of pandering to US/EU players.

If SQUAD doesn't want to die in the Asia Pacific region, it must actively engage in that player base.

Squad will have a great playerbase globalwise if it will become a quality game.

-Hey John have you played Squad yet?

-CoD is better...

-Give it a try...

-We play CoD with buddies.

-With who?Everone in Squad now.

-Where can I buy it?

Simple.

Having moved to Australia two weeks ago I guess I now fall in this category. 

High ping times ahead, can't wait to blame my lack of kills on it.

One reason why PR died in AU was because PR turned its back on AU in favor of pandering to US/EU players.

If SQUAD doesn't want to die in the Asia Pacific region, it must actively engage in that player base.

I wouldnt entirely say that as there is not realistically going to be enough people for servers based in Australia to be full or appealing to others outside. The pings are fine in most of the major servers like Hog

yep, nz here.

(i'll be putting up a PR server for oceania in a few weeks once fibre is installed in new building at work, eventually squad whenever this happens--- COOP is a big comunity gatherer, it will be missed if no bots in squad but that is understandable for project development priorities )

I do miss the almost nightly games of PR on the Aussie servers, was great fun during it's run and the hole left by PR and it's particular style and gameplay has not been replaced yet. 

Squad has the opportunity.

How on earth does "PR" (somehow as a collective whole) turn its back on Australia? What, did the entire community have a vote saying "fuck australia"? News to me.

Take the tinfoil hat off.

The reason it died in Australia is because people stopped playing, including you. Simple as that. 

Also if this is about the PRT its already been explained to you.

Can't blame the devs for everything.

think it's more, no maps or faction based on ANZACs can find a lot in arma community for AUS as their army is pretty active and big on the international scene (F18's are bombing syria right now) -- NZSAS and aussie SASR are usually the guys that clear out the landing zones before mass invasion by other countries (US in afghan/iraq etc)

Hi everyone ...  Some you you will remember me and BigD, we are stilll around and keeping a close eye on Squad..
Madhouse has already sent out a few "feelers" as to being involved in Squad and possibly getting a Local (Aussie) server going if things work out/we get the opportunity .

Good to see the old PR crew lurking here  :)  .

Edited by Bahlye

I'm also keen for the arrival of SQUAD and hopefully the nightly BigD server bash returns as well

I'm also keen for the arrival of SQUAD and hopefully the nightly BigD server bash returns as well

Fingers crossed.

Took me a while to figure out PR2 had died/progressed to this. What is everyone playing at the moment? I've been getting into Insurgency lately, it's good fun.