Scope effects  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this idea?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

I took a quick look and didn't see this suggested yet, but if it has....

I ask that if this has been suggested before, let both threads be considered side by side.

So. Scope effects. By this, I mean having effects on a scope while in certain climates, i.e. frost around the edges of the scope on snow maps. I don't mean blocking the sights, I just mean on the very edges of the scope that wouldn't obscure too much vision, but it'd still be there and be cool to look at if you wanted to, and if you didn't then have a setting in the options to disable it.

I've also been thinking about dynamic scopes, where the effect changes over time. If you were to look down your scope in rainy weather, you'd see the raindrops actually fall down the edge of the lense, instead of just drops of moisture on it. Of course, there should be a setting for this too, if it's added.

EDIT: I'm not sure if some people understood me correctly. I meant you could optionally see rain hitting your scope, not just simply drops of moisture or fog effects. There hasn't been any feedback on that so I just want to state that out there, is that not realistic? You can see rain on your windshield.

Acog this last patch had some effects to it and NO , u could not see shit . Idk i think its cool to look at while u chill in your FOB but trying to aim at someone is horrible

"I don't mean blocking the sights, I just mean on the very edges of the scope that wouldn't obscure too much vision"

I didn't mean putting so much of it to where you can't see jack shit, i just meant a little bit of it.

Did the acog have like scratches on it or was it actual climate effects?

Acog this last patch had some effects to it and NO , u could not see shit . Idk i think its cool to look at while u chill in your FOB but trying to aim at someone is horrible

If that's really the case then it needs to be addressed. The military wouldn't use ACOGs in such wide scale if they're that unusable merely due to some weather.

It had what looked like scratches and kinda like the sun effect on it (blur) . Trust me it was so bad . I wouldnt mind somthing little but that was too much .

Yeah, that actually would get in the way of you seeing.

Also we want to see actual sweat droplets on the faces of other soldiers but not til after 15 to 20 mins of exertion (because that would be unrealistic)

I'm from Norway, just so you can understand my point, and I have never seen frost on any scope I have used. If it does not happen in Norway it does not happen. I have seen boiled water freeze instantly though

Edit: Before people start screaming, you might see condensation in the lower temperatures though

I'm from Norway, just so you can understand my point, and I have never seen frost on any scope I have used. If it does not happen in Norway it does not happen. I have seen boiled water freeze instantly though

Edit: Before people start screaming, you might see condensation in the lower temperatures though

I'm pretty sure any decently made scope are purged and filled with nitrogen so they'd never fog up on the inside. As for outside of the lenses, they only fog if there's a rapid change in temperature. I can't imagine one would find many locations with luxuries such as interior heating for you to be running in and out of all the time in a war torn environment anyway.

I'm pretty sure any decently made scope are purged and filled with nitrogen so they'd never fog up on the inside. As for outside of the lenses, they only fog if there's a rapid change in temperature. I can't imagine one would find many locations with luxuries such as interior heating for you to be running in and out of all the time in a war torn environment anyway.

Yes, but it can happen and if I had not edited it in someone would have made a comment about it ;)

Yes, but it can happen and if I had not edited it in someone would have made a comment about it ;)

I think we agree on the point that there's no point in adding a frosting effect to scopes, because there are very few circumstances you can actually get the scope lenses to fog up in an actual battlefield such as resting your weapon on a source of heat like on a hood of a running car for an extended period of time before picking it up for use.

I think we agree on the point that there's no point in adding a frosting effect to scopes, because there are very few circumstances you can actually get the scope lenses to fog up in an actual battlefield such as resting your weapon on a source of heat like on a hood of a running car for an extended period of time before picking it up for use.

I do that all the time in PR.