Sign in to follow this  
Shocked Koala

My honest opinion.

In all honesty I reckon all the tagged devs I have mentioned should all gather together, ( hate to say this even DICE devs with their animations etc,) and make an epic game. I wouldn't care how long it would take but I can only dream.

Hopeful shocked Koala.

This topic is useless...we have all the best developers right here. They are just very shy, but they let their game speak for them.

I think he said he wants Dice and Squad devs to work together to make the best game ever

OK, thanks for explaining. I still don´t really understand why Dice should work with the Squad devs :P

If it makes any of you feel better, we want to develop an animation system that will be just as fluid looking as BF3/4 if not better. Just need to rewrite it first, our big bottleneck at the moment, but we will get there. No worries, Chuc is awesome, just needs some extra TLC. ;)

If that means I can vault over low walls instead of having to wait for my stamina to recharge to jump, then I'm all for it!

(hate to say this even DICE devs with their animations etc,)

DICE developers are some of the most talented people in the industry, don't kid yourself just because you don't like the gameplay.

If that means I can vault over low walls instead of having to wait for my stamina to recharge to jump, then I'm all for it!

This is indeed going to be a feature.

If it makes any of you feel better, we want to develop an animation system that will be just as fluid looking as BF3/4 if not better. [...]

I know this has already been answered in the negative but maybe the situation has changed: Will we see any animations for mounting and dismounting a vehicle, opening and closing hatches/doors and switching between seats?

With the amount of animations this needs I can't see it being very feasible: from all seats towards all reachable exit points if you can choose which one to use via free look, and from a seat to all other reachable seats. And this for every vehicle.

For immersion have players sitting at the exits even block them (plus moving through another player model just looks ugly). While mounting/dismounting, the vehicle has to be standing still. Maybe have an engine off key that at the same time means breaks on which would be useful when needing to dismount on a slope... F key, anyone?

However this could (?) complicate hit detection if you can actually shoot through the open doors and hatches. And would a player dying in the middle of the door opening animation leave the door open? Of course then you could introduce animations of fully opening the half-open door, automatically slamming it shut when moving into a seat at an open door (GTA-style)... etc.

Question to the animators/programmers: Would procedural animation make this any easier?

Having totally immersive animations would be so awesome even if only very very far down the line. OK, as a compromise, maybe just the animation of getting on and off the Minsk 400... ;)