Will there be a compatibility tree for mods/maps? Say I use a custom faction in a map I am making, will there be some mod manager than installs the faction first when the user chooses to install the map? You might be asking, "Why use a tree at all?" Well, what if someone created a map pack; on the top level we would have the map pack, on lower levels would be the maps, on even lower levels would be all the factions needed for each map, you could even imagine a lower level for weapons/equipment/clothing for each faction.

Edit: Clicked on the wrong forum, this should be in Questions.

Well, everything will be via steam workshop, so you got that going for you.

I don't believe Steam Workshop does compatibility checks.

I don't believe Steam Workshop does compatibility checks.

Unfortunately they do not, however, there is a way for mod creators to tag other mods that are required as well. The Insurgency community makes pretty good use of it, but it is up to the discretion of the modder.

I really hope DLC/community content (CC) won't work like this (i hope there won't be any DLC at all). If CC is added, i hope it will be added for all players, integrated in update/patch like in PR so we don't have divided community as ARMA have with its mods and maps.

I really hope that with the addition of the Steam workshop that Squad will not get an overflow of a bunch of shitty mods such as with Arma 3. Or, have almost every-other server running 10 gigs of extra mods that you must dl before connecting like with G-mod.

I really hope that with the addition of the Steam workshop that Squad will not get an overflow of a bunch of shitty mods such as with Arma 3. Or, have almost every-other server running 10 gigs of extra mods that you must dl before connecting like with G-mod.

I do agree that gmod doesn't have the best sytem for mods. But me being a huge fan of the arma 2 dayz mod for years and seeing how much fun those "shitty" mods are like altis life, i often have more fun playing the mods than the actual game.