WARti0k0ne -BG-

All about rebinding keys at pre-alpha

Still cant change the movement keys on my azerty keyboard ingame. (closed alpha 3)

Hey Switch0r! Did the older style work with azerty before version 3 is the old style of rebinding working in v3 ???.

Oldstyle (= editing directly the defaultinput.ini )

.. If so I think I must re-edit the OP back to old style..

I get exactly the same issues with an azerty keyboard on BATMAN which is also UE4.

Have you tried to edit the defaultinput.ini (file1) instead of the file2 found at users etc.. folder what the current OP suggest to edit. ??

Does it work in SQD version 3 ??

I'm not at home before monday, so I suggest you both try to both old and new ways. Also you might want to try to copy the information from file1 that have the mouse settings in it to file2 and removing the + signs before those lines. I don't know if that would work, but atleast I think you should try.

Azerty I can't find the WASD keys in appdata..... everything else is fine but I can't find the main 4 movement keys anywhere.

Where are they?

Found them:

This PC>local disk>Games>Steam>steamapps>common>squad>squad>config>Defaultinput

Be careful marked move forward + & - for forward and back.

just went in game and it works.

So to recap I changed lean left from Q to A

forward + from W to Z

left from A to Q

I changed in theThis PC>local disk>Games>Steam>steamapps>common>squad>squad>config>Defaultinput the WASD

In users>MYNAME>appdata>local>squad>saved>config>windowsnoeditor>input    for the leanleftQ to A

Yeah i got it working now after the 60mb update

Only need to change it in Steam>steamapps>common>squad>squad>config>Defaultinput

This 4 i needed to change:

+ActionMappings=(ActionName="LeanLeft",Key=A,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)

+ActionMappings=(ActionName="Prone",Key=W,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)

+AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveForward",Key=Z,Scale=1.000000)
+AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveRight",Key=Q,Scale=-1.000000)

Okay I did manage to make the movement keys work properly for my azerty keyboard however now my cursor is stuck in game, not in the menu but just during gameplay. Anyone is having the same issue?

Okay I did manage to make the movement keys work properly for my azerty keyboard however now my cursor is stuck in game, not in the menu but just during gameplay. Anyone is having the same issue?

You edit the wrong file you need to be in your steam dir

Steam>steamapps>common>squad>squad>config>Defaultinput

Mine is like this D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Squad\Squad\Config

Yeah its a pain in the ass if you have a azerty keyboard and using the unreal engine.

Hi guys,

Do anybody successfully uses the functions "bShift, bCtrl, bAlt, and bCmd" to duplicate keybindings possibilities ? Or is it still a WIP .

TY !

I did at previous versions of the game.. Just don't use Windows shortcut combinations if you play at windowed mode, that were the issue originally for the example I did wrote to OP. Also IIRC there were issue with Y+Alt (nothing did happen), but it might have been my own fault back then.

Just changing the False to True works, I still don't know what action Cmd should represent.

People with azerty keyboard need to change 6 bind because you cant use the shovel also you cant change it ingame.

Its located here C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Squad\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor input file.

I am trying this atm 

ActionMappings=(ActionName="SwitchWeapon0",Key=Zero,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="SwitchWeapon1",Key=Ampersand,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="SwitchWeapon2",Key=E_AccentAigu,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="SwitchWeapon3",Key=Quote,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="SwitchWeapon4",Key=Apostrophe,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="SwitchWeapon5",Key=LeftParantheses,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="SwitchWeapon6",Key=E_AccentGrave,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="SwitchWeapon7",Key=Exclamation,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="SwitchWeapon8",Key=C_Cedille,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="SwitchWeapon9",Key=A_AccentGrave,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)

omg you needed a key, if i knew that i gave you one of mine.

gave  the last one to my mate 5 min ago :p

Got all my keys bound to where I want them.  I'm not sure if I missed something in the thread regarding the mouse, but I'm stuck looking straight ahead.  Can't move mouse around at all but the cursor moves in the menu.

Edit: Fixed.

I just edited today the latest version of the Input.ini which is in:

C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Local\Squad\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\

I changed the standard WASD to RDFG and move forward to RMB. I didn't have anything odd with mouse, except the mouse sensitivy slider did refuge apply the new settings to game at first. What were the issue with the people with mouse problems??

[/script/Engine.InputSettings]
ActionMappings=(ActionName="ChatToAll",Key=J,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="ChatToSquad",Key=L,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="ChatToTeam",Key=K,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="CommandMenu",Key=U,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="CommandRadio",Key=M,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Crouch",Key=V,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Fire",Key=Gamepad_RightTrigger,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Fire",Key=LeftMouseButton,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="InGameMenu",Key=Escape,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="InGameMenu",Key=Gamepad_Special_Right,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="InGameMenu",Key=Global_Menu,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="InGameMenu",Key=Global_Pause,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Interact",Key=A,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Jump",Key=Gamepad_FaceButton_Bottom,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Jump",Key=R,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="LeanLeft",Key=E,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="LeanRight",Key=T,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="LOCALVOICE",Key=Space,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Map",Key=S,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="MapZoom",Key=MOUSEWHEELDOWN,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Prone",Key=F,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Radio0",Key=NumPadZero,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Radio1",Key=NumPadOne,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Radio2",Key=NumPadTwo,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Radio3",Key=NumPadThree,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Radio4",Key=NumPadFour,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Radio5",Key=NumPadFive,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Radio6",Key=NumPadSix,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Radio7",Key=NumPadSeven,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Radio8",Key=NumPadEight,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Reload",Key=Y,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Scoreboard",Key=Gamepad_Special_Left,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Scoreboard",Key=CapsLock,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="SpawnMenu",Key=Enter,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Sprint",Key=X,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="SquadRadio",Key=N,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="SwitchWeapon1",Key=H,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="SwitchWeapon2",Key=Two,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="SwitchWeapon3",Key=Three,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="SwitchWeapon4",Key=Four,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="SwitchWeapon5",Key=Five,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="SwitchWeapon6",Key=Six,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="SwitchWeapon7",Key=Seven,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="SwitchWeapon8",Key=Eight,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="SwitchWeapon9",Key=Nine,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="SwitchWeapon0",Key=Zero,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="PrevItem",Key=MouseScrollUp,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="NextItem",Key=MouseScrollDown,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="ToggleFiremode",Key=MiddleMouseButton,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="ToggleScoreboard",Key=Global_View,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="ToggleView",Key=P,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Zoom",Key=Apostrophe,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Seat0",Key=F1,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Seat1",Key=F2,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Seat2",Key=F3,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Seat3",Key=F4,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Seat4",Key=F5,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Seat5",Key=F6,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Seat6",Key=F7,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Seat7",Key=F8,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Seat8",Key=F9,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Seat9",Key=F10,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="VehicleHandbrake",Key=Gamepad_FaceButton_Bottom,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="VehicleHandbrake",Key=SpaceBar,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="LookUp",Key=MouseY,Scale=-1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="LookUpRate",Key=Gamepad_RightY,Scale=1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveForward",Key=Z,Scale=-1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveForward",Key=RightMouseButton,Scale=1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveRight",Key=D,Scale=-1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveRight",Key=G,Scale=1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="Turn",Key=MouseX,Scale=1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="TurnRate",Key=Gamepad_RightX,Scale=1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="TurnRate",Key=Left,Scale=-1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="TurnRate",Key=Right,Scale=1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="VehicleHeadLookUp",Key=MouseY,Scale=-1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="VehicleMoveForward",Key=S,Scale=-1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="VehicleMoveForward",Key=W,Scale=1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="VehicleMoveRight",Key=A,Scale=-1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="VehicleMoveRight",Key=D,Scale=1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="VehicleHeadTurn",Key=MouseX,Scale=1.000000)

I seem to be unable to open the console menu. Tilde key does nothing. I tried changing it from

-ConsoleKeys=Tilde
+ConsoleKeys=Tilde

into

-ConsoleKeys=Apostrophe
+ConsoleKeys=Apostrophe

and deleting the Input.ini file from the AppData, but that hasn't worked for me either (apostrophe key doesn't open it, either). I imagine it is possible it acts this way because my keyboard is somehow read differently, and I'd love to be able to re-map it by pressing it, but I can't rebind it in game.

I have a standard US-international keyboard with a Dutch language setup. This causes some keys (the tilde key among others) to work a bit differently, because they are used to put accents. For example, pressing the ` key doesnt produce a character until I press another letter (or spacebar) after it. That way I can put àccènts on characters by first typing `, and then the letter.

Any ideas on what I could/should do?

I suggest you try to bind some simple key for it like O like omega which is not used by default IIRC, to get the basics working. Then try to find out what is the correct form for the key you really want to use.  

---> IE. Go ingame config menu rebing the key (apostrophe?) you want to use as console ie. to localvoice, close game and open input.ini look at the line where is local voice and the key that is there should be as your "apostrophe"... Then you can copy paste that to defaultinput.ini console key...

Cheers, that worked. It is actually the key itself in the .ini file, the character >  `  < itself.

I hope they fix the key binding so it just works in the Setting applet soon.  I am not .ini literate at all. And I always bind my movement controls and most everything else to the NumPad keys. So atm, I can`t actually do anything but hang around in the Rifle Range.

As a temporary workaround, I am using my Razer Nostromo controller. You can remap the games defaults to any key position.  A good work around until this games keybinding issues are resolved.

Heyas, I did everything suggested in the thread but I am still having a keybind issue.

I am an old school gamer and use the arrow keys for movement (no issue there).  But I also use the NumPadZero key for Jump and the NumPadOne key for prone.  It lets me set these in the in game menus.  It also stores them properly in the .ini files (I edit the files and can see that my change is in there - the steam file to be exact).  But in game, it just doesn't do anything for those two keys.  I can rebind jump and prone, just not to those two keys.

Any ideas?

thanks

Das

Heyas, I did everything suggested in the thread but I am still having a keybind issue.

I am an old school gamer and use the arrow keys for movement (no issue there).  But I also use the NumPadZero key for Jump and the NumPadOne key for prone.  It lets me set these in the in game menus.  It also stores them properly in the .ini files (I edit the files and can see that my change is in there - the steam file to be exact).  But in game, it just doesn't do anything for those two keys.  I can rebind jump and prone, just not to those two keys.

Any ideas?

thanks

Das

I use Numpad0 for ADS and it actually works for me ;)

EDIT : just tried your keybindings atm (using the ingame settings to set them) and jump/prone worked on numpad 0 & 1.

Make sure they're not bound to anything else at the same time.

Rookie question here, but im stuck on the controllers for pc games, im using my Xbox 1 controller, Everytime i try to set up the binding system in the menu "button layout" it resets automatically, is there any way past that where i can set my controller keys to what i want and have it stay like that?

Rookie question here, but im stuck on the controllers for pc games, im using my Xbox 1 controller, Everytime i try to set up the binding system in the menu "button layout" it resets automatically, is there any way past that where i can set my controller keys to what i want and have it stay like that?

You need to do some ini file editing to get that working I return to the subject 20h from now. I suggest you take a look both ini files mentioned in the OP of this thread and try to figure out what lines you must copy from file to another to get it work. I think iirc that there still were gamepad control lines in default input.ini in this release version if not I dig them up for you I have pretty much all versions in my museum. :)