WARti0k0ne -BG-

All about rebinding keys at pre-alpha

You mean, weapons bound to 1,2,3... over letters, and radios bound to keypad 1,2,3... ? Save your settings and give it a try, but I cant see why it wouldn't work.

This said you also have the possibility to try binding them to Shift or Ctrl or Alt (see first post to understand what I mean) to get alternate uses of 1,2,3... I personnaly tried to use Shift and others but dont works.

No it's not, but nevermind...

I'll use this command radio like a real one : all the subs on the same channel. ;)

To change WASD to something else.

Make a backup of the file1 (important!)

Open File1 to notepad

Change

+AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveForward",Key=W,Scale=1.000000)             *NOTE: Forward movement*+AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveForward",Key=S,Scale=-1.000000)            *NOTE: Backward movement* *NOTE2: look the minus aka direction in "scale="*+AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveForward",Key=Up,Scale=1.000000)            *NOTE: Forward movement for classic "arrows"*+AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveForward",Key=Down,Scale=-1.000000)         *NOTE: Backward movement+AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveForward",Key=Gamepad_LeftY,Scale=1.000000) *NOTE: Joystick forward??+AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveRight",Key=A,Scale=-1.000000)   *NOTE: Strafe LEFT+AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveRight",Key=D,Scale=1.000000)    *NOTE: Strafe RIGHT

in example to

+AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveForward",Key=RightMouseButton,Scale=1.000000)+AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveForward",Key=X,Scale=-1.000000)+AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveForward",Key=Up,Scale=1.000000)+AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveForward",Key=Down,Scale=-1.000000)+AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveForward",Key=Gamepad_LeftY,Scale=1.000000)+AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveRight",Key=D,Scale=-1.000000)+AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveRight",Key=G,Scale=1.000000)

Here's my config of the file DefaultInput.ini you can find at (...)\Squad\Squad\Config :

(...)

+AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveForward",Key=Down,Scale=-1.000000)

+AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveForward",Key=Up,Scale=1.000000)

+AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveRight",Key=Right,Scale=1.000000)

+AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveRight",Key=Left,Scale=-1.000000)

(...)

Note that you cant find MoveBackward and MoveLeft, but commands still work dont care about it.

Just a question: How is inventory parameter with the mouse wheel in Closed Alpha v2.0 ?

What do you mean by "inventory parameter"??

I haven't played for a few weeks because of work so I have no clue atm what might have changed.

What do you mean by "inventory parameter"??

I haven't played for a few weeks because of work so I have no clue atm what might have changed.

I did play, so what is your question Palermo ? Didnt understood well could you give details ?

Just updated to v2.1, still can't recognise my french azerty keyboard thus can't move.

The waiting continues.

Just updated to v2.1, still can't recognise my french azerty keyboard thus can't move.

The waiting continues.

Have you tried to modfiy the defaultinput.ini ?? It is known that different keyboard layouts are not automaticly detected in game at this time of development.

Many players including your fellow frencmans have been able to play or atleast that is what I have understood from different posts.

Have you tried to modfiy the defaultinput.ini ?? It is known that different keyboard layouts are not automaticly detected in game at this time of development.

Many players including your fellow frencmans have been able to play or atleast that is what I have understood from different posts.

Editing your defaultinput.ini gives you ability to copy/paste your keybindings from ancient version to newest one when a new release of Squad is out ; takes me less than 2min to have all my KBings back ;) I dont use the KBings ingame any more.

Update: I finally had time to compare the defaultinput.ini in version Closed-alpha v2.1Hotfix of squad versus the Closed-Alpha v1. The files are not thr same, so the option of just replacing the defaultinput.ini with the old one is NOT an option and will create somekind of problems!! Here is the new lines on CAv2.1Hotfix according WinMerge software.

Lines 69 & 70 (Inventory scroll with mouse wheel)

+ActionMappings=(ActionName="PrevItem",Key=MouseScrollUp)+ActionMappings=(ActionName="NextItem",Key=MouseScrollDown)

Lines from 76 to 85 (Vehicle seat control)

+ActionMappings=(ActionName="Seat0",Key=F1,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)+ActionMappings=(ActionName="Seat1",Key=F2,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)+ActionMappings=(ActionName="Seat2",Key=F3,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)+ActionMappings=(ActionName="Seat3",Key=F4,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)+ActionMappings=(ActionName="Seat4",Key=F5,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)+ActionMappings=(ActionName="Seat5",Key=F6,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)+ActionMappings=(ActionName="Seat6",Key=F7,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)+ActionMappings=(ActionName="Seat7",Key=F8,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)+ActionMappings=(ActionName="Seat8",Key=F9,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)+ActionMappings=(ActionName="Seat9",Key=F10,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)

Everything else seems to be unchanged.

Update: I finally had time to compare the defaultinput.ini in version Closed-alpha v2.1Hotfix of squad versus the Closed-Alpha v1. The files are not thr same, so the option of just replacing the defaultinput.ini with the old one is NOT an option and will create somekind of problems!! Here is the new lines on CAv2.1Hotfix according WinMerge software.

Lines 69 & 70 (Inventory scroll with mouse wheel)

+ActionMappings=(ActionName="PrevItem",Key=MouseScrollUp)+ActionMappings=(ActionName="NextItem",Key=MouseScrollDown)

Lines from 76 to 85 (Vehicle seat control)

+ActionMappings=(ActionName="Seat0",Key=F1,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)+ActionMappings=(ActionName="Seat1",Key=F2,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)+ActionMappings=(ActionName="Seat2",Key=F3,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)+ActionMappings=(ActionName="Seat3",Key=F4,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)+ActionMappings=(ActionName="Seat4",Key=F5,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)+ActionMappings=(ActionName="Seat5",Key=F6,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)+ActionMappings=(ActionName="Seat6",Key=F7,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)+ActionMappings=(ActionName="Seat7",Key=F8,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)+ActionMappings=(ActionName="Seat8",Key=F9,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)+ActionMappings=(ActionName="Seat9",Key=F10,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)

Everything else seems to be unchanged.

Sorry for not being accurate enough in my prev post, I did it but forgot to say it :(  [facepalm needed]

TL;DR Iron told me about this.

Don't change any Default.ini files. These will get overwritten updates. You need to put your changes in Input.ini. These will be stored on the Steam Cloud and will not be overwritten on updates.

You may need to edit the bindings in the Input.ini to not have the + before it.

Don't change any Default.ini files. These will get overwritten updates. You need to put your changes in Input.ini. These will be stored on the Steam Cloud and will not be overwritten on updates.

The problem if I understood the file correctly (Appdata/local/Squad/WindowsNoEditor/input.ini) is that it does not have any movement axis data that is needed to change the actual left/right & backwards/forward keys (aka WASD) everything else is there, but the most crusial is missing. The axis data can only be found on the defaultinput.ini and that is the reason I wrote the first post as I wrote to get rid of editing two files as it is hell of a confusing thing to do.

And what I have tried the ingame configuration doesn't work for these eather (WASD) even at Hotfix v2.1

So there is no way you can edit WASD through game or through (Appdata/local/Squad/WindowsNoEditor/input.ini) - please do your homework, sir.

PS. Data below is not in input.ini file

+AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveForward",Key=W,Scale=1.000000) *NOTE: Forward movement*+AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveForward",Key=S,Scale=-1.000000) *NOTE: Backward movement* *NOTE2: look the minus aka direction in "scale="*+AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveForward",Key=Up,Scale=1.000000) *NOTE: Forward movement for classic "arrows"*+AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveForward",Key=Down,Scale=-1.000000) *NOTE: Backward movement+AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveForward",Key=Gamepad_LeftY,Scale=1.000000) *NOTE: Joystick forward??+AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveRight",Key=A,Scale=-1.000000) *NOTE: Strafe LEFT+AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveRight",Key=D,Scale=1.000000) *NOTE: Strafe RIGHT

Edit. PPS. I try to edit those axismapping lines to fit to input.ini tomorrow, if that were what you actually meant with the removing the plus sign. Time to get a nap for a hour or two. Cheers.

http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/KeyBinds.html

I can't link properly on work computer, but have a look there. You will be abled to make pretty complex actions if you spend the time.

I miss source engine these days, was so easy to make scripts and stuff.

edit: for your strafing, then holding shift to add the lean effect I'd be looking to the alias and/or chaining section of link above - if you haven't sorted it out yet. I don't have squad on my work PC so can't do this but will probably be able to do it when im home (8th Dec :( )

Edit again: Note if you're working on this; depending how you do it - it will possibly effect your ability to strafe sprint in game.

Ok, it does work to just copy paste the axismapping lines to input.ini and removing the + signs .. I were wrong, apologies. :) I'll try to take the time to edit my first post to only editing the input.ini ... hopefully it doesn't introduce some mystery bugs.

Does anyone know general CMD command to get access to user/appdata/local/Squad in situation where the windows setting is preventing you getting there without all kinds of warning about system this and that.. ?? Attrib is one, but it may cause more troubless than is necessary for newbs.

Edit: CMD command ->

notepad %localappdata%\squad\saved\config\windowsnoeditor\input.ini

works in my machine and opens input.ini to notepad at Win7 (english), but does it work through all win systems ??? ie. in french windows versions??? the %localappdata% might be translated to french in french versions??

Great! glad it worked. now you should be able to update Squad without having to redo your bindings all the time.

Still cant change the movement keys on my azerty keyboard ingame. (closed alpha 3)

Yeah me too, got the same problem.

Yeah me too, got the same problem.

Is the fix on this thread working for you?

I tried it 2 times but after that i couldent use my mouse anymore to look around.

Please help me to fix this.