Spush

Weapons & Items Preview (Image Very Heavy)

Are the weapons will be fully customizable ? With no limits, that we can attach scope/red dot, muzzle brake/suppressor, lazer and flashlight. To really use all the picatinny rails on the weapon, even for the ak's platform (can we change the wooden handguard to attach accessories?)

Nice, Im really looking up to this game. And I'll support you guys for this game. I was looking for a good and realistic simulation war game, you seem to do it right.  

These aren't even the most recent updates ;). These are from the summer, there has been some overhauls on some of the weapons, and there's more to come.

Huh, I always thought those dressing packets were filled with hemostatic powder instead of bandages 

Might as well show y'all our ammo and medical bag. Might do generic colors like OD Green or Coyote tan or something. Or maybe even faction specific camouflage or colors even if it's a molle bag.

Posted Image

Posted Image

multicam looks sexy i like how there's dirt on the packs like they have been used :D keep up the good work :D 

Whats the poly count on them weapons? As a 3D modeler my self and not having access to the UE4 it would me nice to know what the engine can handle on this large scale

If you haven't done it already the pattern size of the UCP and MC on those pouches could go up abit. Nitpicking and what not.I think Chuc may have mentioned it awhile back :)

If you haven't done it already the pattern size of the UCP and MC on those pouches could go up abit. Nitpicking and what not.I think Chuc may have mentioned it awhile back :)

Heh yeah, anyways I think I changed it to a generic color afterwards, don't really remember.

One question: UE4 does not require the Gloss and Specular textures?

No, it's PBR pipeline, meaning there's Albedo (Color without ao baked, other technical stuff in there too like the correct color of an object without the spectrum light interfering), Roughness (defines how rough or smooth the material is), Metallic (defining whether or not the material is metal or not, painted metal does not react the same way as pure metal), and of course the normal maps which are the same.

Anyways a lot of this stuff in this thread is outdated, in terms of textures and some models at least.

You have to be a lot more observant and thoughtful towards the surfaces you are working with. Are they light conductive? What is the micro surface structure of the material? ect.

But in the end it gives some great results, and it is logical in its own way, it just takes a bit of time and practice to adjust to this workflow.

I love the crisp and sharp look of every item. Those are in-engine renderings right?

I am a bit familiar with how PBR works in CryEngine 3.6, but looks like it is different in Unreal Engine 4.

Cryengine uses spec/gloss while UE4 uses metalness/roughness. Roughness is pretty much inverted gloss. I'm not familiar with UE4 yet but afaik the main difference is with metals, take gold for example, with spec/gloss you have black albedo (well technically not really black but very dark brown) and goldish spec while with metalness/roughness you have goldish albedo and white metalness.

Dielectrics work almost the same, instead of dark spec (40-60) you have black metalness but note that in Cryengine your albedo is darker, it's specified in the CE docs why. Also note that if you're switching to UE4 you may want to reset the Photoshop changes you made for Cryengine which are also mentioned in the CE docs.

With spec/gloss you have a bit more flexibility while with metalness/roughness you have more optimization, afaik it's recommended to use metalness, ao and gloss in the rgb of a map so that you end up with albedo, this map and normals.

Textures are looking top notch spush! Hit me up on x-fire sometime, I can give you some tips on the medic bag.

Taliban Kit is shaping up.. 

unofficial pics but these are in game shots I just dragged their gear into the map. 

The rpk is the treat of the week..  gotta love that drum mag.. hellz yes!

Posted Image

Taliban Kit is shaping up.. 

unofficial pics but these are in game shots I just dragged their gear into the map. 

The rpk is the treat of the week..  gotta love that drum mag.. hellz yes!

Very nice. So, are AR's going to be in the demo or is this just for show?