keyboardwarrior

Laser attachment for m4 rifle

I think I've read that PEQs will be modeled down the road, for now other things have top priority though.

But I have to agree, they would add much to the immersion!

It's called a PEQ-15 and I have to agree it would make the M4's look a he'll of a lot cooler. But it would only really be useful in low light environments with night vision

Not the only type of PEQ box out there bro

It's the kind that the op pictured, bro, and when I got out in 08 they were phasing out all PEQ-13's out for the 15. Which means maybe marines have started using peq-13's.

Having it modeled on just for cool factor would probably be enough. If it actually worked it'd unbalance an already slightly unbalanced team even more by not only giving them clean and/or longer range rifle optics but by also giving them an ez mode central dot that tells them exactly where their bullet is going to go in close combat

Having it modeled on just for cool factor would probably be enough. If it actually worked it'd unbalance an already slightly unbalanced team even more by not only giving them clean and/or longer range rifle optics but by also giving them an ez mode central dot that tells them exactly where their bullet is going to go in close combat

You say this, but I remember in some event for Arma2 with ACE the game was embarrassingly easy when I as an insurgent picked up  NVGs off a Blufor corpse while all those knuckleheads kept their Peqs on.

You say this, but I remember in some event for Arma2 with ACE the game was embarrassingly easy when I as an insurgent picked up  NVGs off a Blufor corpse while all those knuckleheads kept their Peqs on.

But in this game there are no NVGs and in its current state you can't pick up other kits. If they do add a kit pickup I'm sure it'll be like PR's where you are punished when you pick up enemy infantry kits

Does it even work like that in real life? How it shines a bright solid white line in the air when you look through NVGs?

Does it even work like that in real life? How it shines a bright solid white line in the air when you look through NVGs?

Yeah it's pretty sick. Through NVG's you see a kinda solid greenish/whiteish beam and once it hits the target (any object) the laser reflects some off the wall, sometimes it can illuminate a dark room, etc. If you have your PEQ-(whatever number) properly sighted and BZO'd to your weapon, you can literally shoot it behind your back/from the hip and hit a target. All while being completely invisible to the naked eye. It's a lot of fun haha. But it is not clear as day. Low light, no moon, heavy rain, and more all have an effect on how well you can see through your NVG's and the laser/your target.

Edit: NVG's and night vision are cool but you always end up with a headache because one eye is looking through your NVG optic and the other is using regular human sight. I can explain why that's done later if you want but I wanna play some Squad :D

Yeah it's pretty sick. Through NVG's you see a kinda solid greenish/whiteish beam and once it hits the target (any object) the laser reflects some off the wall, sometimes it can illuminate a dark room, etc. If you have your PEQ-(whatever number) properly sighted and BZO'd to your weapon, you can literally shoot it behind your back/from the hip and hit a target. All while being completely invisible to the naked eye. It's a lot of fun haha. But it is not clear as day. Low light, no moon, heavy rain, and more all have an effect on how well you can see through your NVG's and the laser/your target.

Edit: NVG's and night vision are cool but you always end up with a headache because one eye is looking through your NVG optic and the other is using regular human sight. I can explain why that's done later if you want but I wanna play some Squad :D

I meant to put ARMA's representation of it into question. In it it's basically a solid bright white line regardless of the clarity of the air that the lasers shining through.