DesmoLocke

The American Football Thread!

206 posts in this topic

I'm curious. For you college football fans, who do you have in your Top 4 right now?

Surely not Alabama.  I'm a bit shocked to see them top 4.  I had Ohio St 1, Clemson 2, Baylor 3, Notre Dame 4.  I stole the Clemson pick though.  LoL!  While on the topic I'm curious why Iowa isn't higher.  

Haha! But the real question is - Are the Bengals for real?

Seem for real.  4-0 on the road and 3-0 in the division, which is arguably the toughest division to be in.  All those teams play each other very hard no matter the records.  I've been crying Carolina for the last 3 years but they always come up short.  I'd like to see them take the conference.  Only team that could stop them lost to them.  My question .... Is Denver for real?  

The grandfathers of the sport you apparently enjoy so much

LoL!  Can't argue with that.  Except They aren't one of the original 4 teams.  That actually shocked me.  Gotta love Wikipedia.

There are a lot of people that feel the way I do about the game in it's current state ...... THAT IT'S GARBAGE!  

I'm ok with the refs making bad calls, it happens.  But they are blatantly making them EVERY SINGLE GAME.  So how does one fix this?  Review every flag?  Not likely.  I'm already irritated that the offices in New York review the calls.  

All this crap to appease the millennials is ruining this sport.  Fix This, Fix That!  

HOW ABOUT LEAVE IT THE FUCK ALONE AND ENJOY IT THE WAY IT'S PLAYED!!!!!!

/rant

Being a Ref is a pretty simple job if you know the game. I'm sure there are thousands of people waiting for their chance to become an Official, why not simply remove the unskilled twats who are corrupt/stupid (that is up for debate ofc)?

I always thought that Refs should have a very tough time keeping their job, if you make bad calls on a consitent basis you should lose your job. No need to split hairs here either, it's pretty easy to see from a spectators point of view.

I'd be happy with them actually knowing what a fucking catch is.

Don't jump on that band wagon.  The rules are very specific but apparently the refs and media's interpretation isn't.  This is why I hate mainstream media.

I didn't watch the Monday night game, but dang. What happened Bengals fans?

Bengals gave it away.  And Watt was running his mouth again.  

I watched some highlights of the Panthers game though ..... definitely loving them going into the post season.

Oh I'm sure its clearly defined, but the officiating this season is terrible. Theres almost a clarification of "Yeah we fucked up" after every game.