Catindabox

Local VOIP indicator above Friendies

(Disclaimer: I have not noticed if this is already in Squad and have not played in the past weekend, sorry in advance if it is)

A small voice indicator above nearby allied soldiers and unconcious bodies talking in local chat would really ease the potential pains in Squad that PR had- locating and reviving the correct unconcious squad mate's body out of a sea of other corpses.

This indicator could be in the form of a simple "speaker" icon above someone's head or a slightly more complicated animated "voice volume" icon which does not have to represent the mic output but would move when it is turned on.

Well on pr you could, request a medic when your are down by right clicking the give up tab, this enables the medic to see on the map where is the wounded soldier between the sea of corpses.

Or like in other games (JoOps) if you're down, your tag is still visible over your body but a different colour to normal... until you bleed out.

(Disclaimer: I have not noticed if this is already in Squad and have not played in the past weekend, sorry in advance if it is)

A small voice indicator above nearby allied soldiers and unconcious bodies talking in local chat would really ease the potential pains in Squad that PR had- locating and reviving the correct unconcious squad mate's body out of a sea of other corpses.

This indicator could be in the form of a simple "speaker" icon above someone's head or a slightly more complicated animated "voice volume" icon which does not have to represent the mic output but would move when it is turned on.

There has always been a speaker icon that displays on the lower left corner of your screen when someone speaks in squad or local.

Also, soldiers in the incapacitated state will have an animation in the future to indicate that they are not dead yet. We are trying to minimize the amount of UI elements that are displayed in the game world at any given time.

A good way would be to have the soldiers mouths move when they talk, no UI clutter and a little bit more of immersion

It has been discussed.

A good way would be to have the soldiers mouths move when they talk, no UI clutter and a little bit more of immersion :P

I'm talking about an icon ABOVE their head and body, I saw that thread too.

This is a low cost alternative to mouth syncing.

There has always been a speaker icon that displays on the lower left corner of your screen when someone speaks in squad or local.

Also, soldiers in the incapacitated state will have an animation in the future to indicate that they are not dead yet. We are trying to minimize the amount of UI elements that are displayed in the game world at any given time.

What I mean is a secondary minimalistic icon that is above a soldiers head, say, just below the name. Either a tiny animation of a noise wavelength when speaking or the Speaker Icon in the lower left except miniature and in the same placement as the first variation.

This seems like a no-brainer thing to me. You won't have to scramble around orientating towards the person's voice, but also have a visual indication of EXACTLY who or who's body is speaking instantly from the mini icon.

There's an indicator similar to this compiled into one of the Arma MILSIM mods which I do not know the name of.

Well on pr you could, request a medic when your are down by right clicking the give up tab, this enables the medic to see on the map where is the wounded soldier between the sea of corpses.

This only shows on the map, which then turns into another bout of making circles with your map open until you find which body is the massive cross-symbol on the map.

I haven't heard one person give praise to this inconvenience.. it can really disrupt the flow of gameplay.

And yeah, I've played a good amount of PR and gotten plenty of experience... and at least 2 times per round I would have to constantly be making noise while unconcious until my squads' medic can find my exact position/body via local. Something that could be solved so easily by this and smoothen gameplay.

"You just walked over me!" "Hey, turn back around." -"Is this you?" "Yup."

This only shows on the map, which then turns into another bout of making circles with your map open until you find which body is the massive cross-symbol on the map.

I haven't heard one person give praise to this inconvenience.. it can really disrupt the flow of gameplay.

And yeah, I've played a good amount of PR and gotten plenty of experience... and at least 2 times per round I would have to constantly be making noise while unconcious until my squads' medic can find my exact position/body via local. Something that could be solved so easily by this and smoothen gameplay.

"You just walked over me!" "Hey, turn back around." -"Is this you?" "Yup."

1º Whatsup with the triple posting? Theres a edit button or you just wanna raise your post count?

2º A dev just told you that "downed" soldiers will have an animation to distinguish between dead-dead and wounded soldiers so everything you are arguing about is irrelevant.

1º Whatsup with the triple posting? Theres a edit button or you just wanna raise your post count?

2º A dev just told you that "downed" soldiers will have an animation to distinguish between dead-dead and wounded soldiers so everything you are arguing about is irrelevant.

Did you even read the posts? This isn't about telling if someone is dead. Not arguing either :P

But I've gotten so good at making bird calls to get the medic's attention...

We've talked about this several times,  in the day and age of YT and streaming, singing 'Daylight comes and I wanna Go home' to get the medic's attention just isn't as fun as it used to be, that stuff gets recorded for posterity...

Or like in other games (JoOps) if you're down, your tag is still visible over your body but a different colour to normal... until you bleed out.

This were indeed working really good. Green to red indicating health of other players and blue with the revivable downed soldiers and if I don't recall wrongly grey for dead deads. The fack they were showing no matter if you pointed at friendlies or not were a pita at times (UI clutter). It might be a good and easy implemention atleast for α & β, before something more sophisticated GFX and mechanics are in.

I agree it's an ass pain to find wounded (dead) players, especially when they are surrounded by dead dead players. It is part of the charm of being a medic though.

I think there could definitely be improvements. What the devs want to avoid is cluttering the 3D hud (as opposed to the map) with lots of elements. They still want the map to be heavily relied on

Most of you on this thread have been around awhile, at least long enough to know that you should search the entire thread before making a post.

I have addressed this already and yet all of you are still making comments that have since been addressed. Please, be kind to us developers, we have a lot of feedback to read and constantly carrying on conversations well after the issue has been addressed, repeating the same things over and over, and just seemingly ignoring us while we give you all as much attention as humanly possible with how busy we are, does not give us much incentive to want to continue to read threads. We are only human, not all of us have the same will power I do to continue reading an entire thread even if it might seem like a waste of time after the first couple posts.

I won't say anything more about this for awhile, spread the word. Be mindful of dev posts and try not to run threads into the ground by beating a dead horse.

Agreed but in everyone's' defense, the search function leaves much to be desired.

I have better luck searching in Google like this

"Search String" site: www.joinsquad.com

Maybe we can get a Google search added to the site?

Agreed but in everyone's' defense, the search function leaves much to be desired.

I have better luck searching in Google like this

"Search String" site: www.joinsquad.com

Maybe we can get a Google search added to the site?

I actually want to get a dev tracker for Twitter and the forums to help with that.

Mods/devs should do a better job of closing threads once an official developer answer has been given?

And some people need to learn how to multi quote lol.

Mods/devs should do a better job of closing threads once an official developer answer has been given?

And some people need to learn how to multi quote lol.

I'm using my phone :( Thing is shit with posting functions.

Ross+Devs-

Anyway, thanks for clearing things up and sorry for the inconveniences you guys have been having with all the questions.

Btw, I had searched for a while and none of the tags I used popped up anything relevant. Wasn't in any intention posting just to spite you devs.. and hopefully others aren't either