keyboardwarrior

Blood spray should be removed.

The blood spray looks pretty cool and is practical (to see if you hit the enemy), but Squad is supposed to be realistic so it should be removed from the game. Unlike in movies there is no blood spray/splatter when someone gets hit by a bullet in real life, except when the victim is shot in the head by a shotgun (at close range) or when the head explodes. I guess most factions will wear helmets so even blood spray from headshots wouldn`t make sense ingame.

The blood spray looks pretty cool and is practical

More important then it not being ''realistic''  imo  :)

The blood spray looks pretty cool and is practical (to see if you hit the enemy), but Squad is supposed to be realistic so it should be removed from the game. Unlike in movies there is no blood spray/splatter when someone gets hit by a bullet in real life, except when the victim is shot in the head by a shotgun (at close range) or when the head explodes. I guess most factions will wear helmets so even blood spray from headshots wouldn`t make sense ingame.

Squad is not 100% milsim, so blood spray can stay in my opinion. Hit market should not be implemented though as that is not realistic at all but blood spray can be a good compromise for letting you know that you actually hit he enemy.

Besides, sometimes I killed some enemies but didn't saw blood spray??

Squad is a game at the end of the day I say keep it, I personally would love to see body parts being torn off like in call of duty world at war (last good cod game) but that won't happen (or maybe? Lol but probs not)

The blood spray looks pretty cool and is practical (to see if you hit the enemy), but Squad is supposed to be realistic so it should be removed from the game. Unlike in movies there is no blood spray/splatter when someone gets hit by a bullet in real life, except when the victim is shot in the head by a shotgun (at close range) or when the head explodes.

There is blood spray. Have pics to prove it but I'm almost positive they aren't allowed on this forum. You're right in that there is no cloud of pink mist every time you hit someone but there is blood spray. Whether it's on the person you shot or near them (on the ground, walls, etc.).

Besides, I think the whole pink mist spray that we see when somebody gets hit in game is more of a reference/aesthetic. How else would we be able to know you hit someone?

What would be cool, imo, is if you hit somebody (wounding them) in game you could then track their blood trail until they get healed/bleed out.

Squad is not 100% milsim, so blood spray can stay in my opinion. Hit market should not be implemented though as that is not realistic at all but blood spray can be a good compromise for letting you know that you actually hit he enemy.

Besides, sometimes I killed some enemies but didn't saw blood spray??

Well... I'd assume if you get hit somewhere, there will be blood seen on your clothes at some point. That could actually be a nice idea, that when you get shot and you are bleeding, you clothes around the place of impact will slowly become more red, soaked with blood.

Wonder if that would be possible

Yeah not sure where the OP got the proof for the argument that there isn't any blood spatter or spray. Obviously this only happens when there is an exit wound.

As others have said, gameplay over realism.

Also what's up with OPs who create post and then never addresses any of the replies? That's a pet peeve of mine

Yeah not sure where the OP got the proof for the argument that there isn't any blood spatter or spray. Obviously this only happens when there is an exit wound.

As others have said, gameplay over realism.

Also what's up with OPs who create post and then never addresses any of the replies? That's a pet peeve of mine

I dont want to sound like a psycho but I`ve seen hundreds of videos where people get shot and there is no blood spray, not even with exit wounds. Like I mentioned bevore, it only happens when someones head explodes due to the impact (Example: JFK assasination). I cant post gore videos here, so who never saw a person get shot in real live go watch some videos on Liveleak.

And there are plenty of other shooters with unrealistic blood effects, no need to put them in Squad because it looks cool.

I dont want to sound like a psycho but I`ve seen hundreds of videos where people get shot and there is no blood spray, not even with exit wounds. Like I mentioned bevore, it only happens when someones head explodes due to the impact (Example: JFK assasination). I cant post gore videos here, so who never saw a person get shot in real live go watch some videos on Liveleak.

And there are plenty of other shooters with unrealistic blood effects, no need to put them in Squad because it looks cool.

I do agree that the effect is exaggerated in Squad but how else would the game indicate you have actually hit someone?

I suppose the player's body could flinch or react in some way. There needs to be some visual indication otherwise you'll never know if there's issues with hit detection or not. Have you played yet? Even with the spray, it can be tricky to tell if you hit someone

Currently, the game might have obvious cues to hitting your target for hit detection testing reasons. Nothing wrong with that.

In terms of the endgame, I preferred the dust puffs of old PR or a better bullet shock impact effect over the pink mist, if we must have a visual hit. 

Blood spray is not what you get irl and I don't see hit recognition as being a gameplay reason for it. IMO, the gameplay Squad is looking for is better promoted in the uncertainty of connecting with a target. CoD has the "fwip fwip fwip" and hit markers for that, which is unrealistic and stupid, similar to blood spray. 

As far as the fun and cool factor goes, I would have more of it if I felt immersed in the realistic gameplay. (Gameplay and realism do not have to be opposite forces)

I trust the Devs 100% to choose the route in the end that they deem best for their game. If that's unrealistic gore to attract the hungry masses from BF4 and CoD, then I grudgingly say, "Bring it on."

This community is so indecisive on cool vs realistic factor :P Remember the discussion about backblast from RPG's? :D

Just think about what happens when a person gets shot in real life. It's obvious when they get hit. People don't just shrug it off. There's no need for exaggerated blood spray unless for some reason the they can't make the characters flinch.

OP makes valid point. But blood spray should stay for heavy caliber like 50 cal! Also I would rather they implement bullet hit reactions. A small jump, fall to the ground, or at least lowering weapon.... Something

Squad is a game at the end of the day I say keep it, I personally would love to see body parts being torn off like in call of duty world at war (last good cod game) but that won't happen (or maybe? Lol but probs not)

It was said a while a go that mutilation wouldn't be implimented due to constraints of European countries. Agreed on WaW being the last good COD (maybe first Black Ops aswell). 

My say on the blood: keep it, it's a game and serves as a replacement to full-on gore.

There is some blood splatter and misting in certain situations. However, for gameplay purposes, it serves as a nice aesthetic and indicator that your bullet connected with the target in absence of blatant hit markers, so they occur every time (suppose to anyways).

Also, we do have blood decals in now. Blood slowly soaking into the clothes over time or dripping on the ground...not sure about that one.

but Squad is supposed to be realistic so it should be removed from the game. 

If you're so worried about 'blood spray' what do you think is gonna happen when i shoot this at you. This game is not a milsim and the realism factor is not up for you to decide.

jRWFSkz.jpg

There is some blood splatter and misting in certain situations. However, for gameplay purposes, it serves as a nice aesthetic and indicator that your bullet connected with the target in absence of blatant hit markers, so they occur every time (suppose to anyways).

Also, we do have blood decals in now. Blood slowly soaking into the clothes over time or dripping on the ground...not sure about that one.

Trying to patch up teammates in PR turns into a hide n' seek / marco polo routine a lot of times. This would definitely help with that a lot.

As usual I'm conflicted. I see all these gameplay greater than realism comments but I really tend to side with realism in that argument. I agree that there should be some sort of indication that the person you're shooting at is hit but I don't think it should be anything super noticeable or obnoxious. I really do like the dust puffs from PR like Timbo said, I would probably be good with something similar to that but perhaps less obvious.

Perhaps down the line they could make it so the hit effects are more subtle and are dependent on where you hit your target and whether it creates an exit wound or not.

Besides the realism, does anyone think the current blood spray is too arcady or over the top? My feeling is that it's subtle enough to do its job without breaking immersion.

Besides the realism, does anyone think the current blood spray is too arcady or over the top? My feeling is that it's subtle enough to do its job without breaking immersion.

I don't think it's too arcady. A lot of people in this thread are in agreement over PR's dust puff but not the pink mist spray. Aren't they the same thing but different colors? Lol

Blood slowly soaking into the clothes over time or dripping on the ground...not sure about that one.

If possible, this would be another thing that could set Squad apart from all other games out there.

Instead of having a instant blood decal, just make it appear slowly, and get bigger over time.

It would be a nice way to see if friendlies are bleeding or not.