MoronicAcid

Humvees Vs. Mraps

As humvees are being phased out and replaced with MRAPs by the US military, will humvees make an appearance in Squad? Also, are Humvees still common in the field? More so then MRAPs?

I dont eally have the experience to tell something about this, but i think we will see Humvees when they are done. I dont think US use the MRAPS as quite extensive as the Humvees and as far as i know Humvees will receive an update in the next few years. 

humvees are too versatile to be replaced, check the gigantic list of variants on wikipidia. MRAPs are still far too few and expensive to replace humvees entirely, especially in the utility/logistics roles. they're mainly used for patrol and counter insurgency.

While MRAP's are replacing them they are still:

1. Common and widespread, used in other places than just the front line

2. Iconic

There is a good chance that Squad will features some, at least other nations than the US is picking up their leavings :)

You guys are forgetting something, MRAPs were not used before 2007. So, If SQUAD is going to reproduce US Army in 80s, 90s and earlier 00s, the light vehicle used will be the Humvee.

Actual HMMWV production for the US DoD has just finished the last contract.  Very few if any new HMMVs for the US military.  However, the JLTV program is another boondoggle, so Humvees and MRAPs might be around alot longer than what you read on the internet.

The JLTV could realistically not go into production until 2019...

Most if not all the the vehicles i see in Afg. Right now are different MRAP vehicles. But as said before it depends on the time frame in Which the devs are setting the game. Prior to 07 it was all up armored humvees.

I always read that MRAP's aren't really as good as HMMWV's, they have worse suspension and being higher off the ground makes IED's hit them harder, also that they're easy to disable.

I guess one thing it has going for it is that it can have reactive armour.

I always read that MRAP's aren't really as good as HMMWV's, they have worse suspension and being higher off the ground makes IED's hit them harder, also that they're easy to disable.

I guess one thing it has going for it is that it can have reactive armour.

MRAPs were designed to handle IEDs. They certainly handle them better than a Humvee. Though, in all other cases, the Humvee is a better vehicle.

I think that Squad should, at least in its vanilla flavor, simulate current warfare, so if Hooves is saying most all vehicles are MRAPs now then they probably should be MRAPs in game.  But if we want to get into early Iraq '03 and Afghanistan 01' stuff then Humvees are the obvious choice.

I think that Squad should, at least in its vanilla flavor, simulate current warfare, so if Hooves is saying most all vehicles are MRAPs now then they probably should be MRAPs in game.  But if we want to get into early Iraq '03 and Afghanistan 01' stuff then Humvees are the obvious choice.

^this