I don't know why I'm posting this here, because once you read this, some people might argue that this belongs somewhere else. So I have a problem, and that problem is (if you haven't read "Hi Everyone" yet) that I have a surprisingly high voice for my age (don't worry, I'm old enough to play Squad). This is what I get sometimes when I play PR... Me: "Whadda you guys need?" Guy in same squad: "OOOOO! We got a squeaker!" Squad leader: "DUDE. Shut up... ehm, sorry 'bout that... we need a Breacher." Btw, that actually happened once. I'm hoping that nearly all the people that read this will understand my plight. Also, I don't know if part of this problem is due to Mumble or my mic. Really, I hope that this won't happen as much in Squad because people read this, but, there really isn't anything I can do about this issue, but... grow up. Anyway thanks for reading about my issue, and if you ever run into a 13 year-old sounding dude in Squad or PR, its probably me (YES, ME Hunter_Sh0tz).

Hey I got into TG (previously another clan) when I was barely a teenager because my voice sounded low.....

No, wait, that wasn't the reason. I tried my best to help out the team and work together. I wasn't anywhere near the greatest (still far from it), but I put forth my due effort, and was seen as valuable, even if I was young.

There's hope for you, son. Do your best and work for the team, and you will be well-received by those who matter. ;)

No worries about this.  Play the game, have fun and if anyone gives you any trouble just ignore them and find a server that cares about the game and not bullshit about what a player sounds like.

Thanks much everyone! Really, I'm a serious gamer that doesn't troll, tries not to teamkill, and follows orders from my Leader (If I'm Squad Leader, then you desert, you're kicked :P ). PR is my thing right now, so if you see me online (most likely in a co-op server) give me a shout! If you're interested in playing with me, compose a message to me! Thanks!

There will always be mean people, but in my experience most people care more about your performance then your voice (at least in PR). I don´t think you will have any problem 95% of the time and if you do, just change the squad! 

Thanks all, especially to the devs that commented on this, hope you had a nice time at PAX, unfortunately, there are quite some downsides of being 16 and living on the East Coast.

I had the same problem when I first started gaming Hunter_Sh0tz (over a decade ago). The only way I got into the clan I did was because a friend of mine, irl, vouched for me. I still keep in touch with a few of those guys too. You never forget your first I guess..hahah

As long as you communicate and use teamwork you'll be fine. I'd say you have to be mature but there are peeps out there 4 times your age that act like they're 10, so being mature is relative. Just keep it classy and if somebody gets on you about your voice, tell them to eat a dick.

There will be always some idiots who make fun of something that isn't in your own hand or fault so I wouldn't waste my time with them.
Once I have played with a guy who used a cyborg voice and I found it pretty cool ^^. Don't know if he had an extern device or did it with software but it was awesome. It's on my list to try this let it be skype with a friend or in game :D.

The topic on the subject of being a young player was asked very frequently and there are many threads on the topic that were created in the past. Therefore, a merged thread was created to continue discussion on the subject in a collected informational way. Please refer to the following link to continue on the topic:
http://forums.joinsquad.com/topic/31963-im-a-kid-how-will-people-react-towards-me-and-how-should-i-behave/

I thank you for your understanding and hope you will find a lot of useful information there.
/locked