NanoAgeWarrior

Crashlanding with helicopters(maybe also jets)

In my years of gaming no game has ever done helicopter crashing as good as BFBC2. Arma also has a similar system but feels way too static to actually be good. If you are inside an helicopter and you get hit by an RPG in the tail, you wouldnt die instantly, instead it would spin uncontrollably until it crashed into the ground(black hawk down anyone?) giving the crew/passengers a chance to jump out/brace for impact. Of course we wont be opening a parachute from 20m off the ground but there could be ways to survive a crash landing if the pilot was skilled/lucky enough.
The devs already talked about being able to be revived even when you die inside vehicles so I think this could go hand to hand with that.

We could expand on this like having the destroyed helicopter have some sort of "black box" that could be retrieved that would refund a few tickets to the team.  This would justify saving/recovering any of the surviving crew.

We are going to have 16km2 maps I believe there will be enough room to try this kind of stuff.

Thoughts?

Love it. It would be swell if there were a few failure levels between stuttering and catastrophic.

Helicopters will be way down the list of things to do im afraid ,

Again, there's no need to tell the devs or us what their priorities are. It's beneficial for ideas such as this to be heard before they start to develop relevant elements to minimize the need to backtrack and modify.

Like OP thoughts.

For teams and gameplay sake I'd like to see an autopilot RTB if pilot gets disconnected in flight. Could be done with straight flight back or preplotted route set by pilot.

I see this as a positively realistic element; more than that, though, a potential for teamwork that crosses barriers of pilots to ground forces. It's a positive motivator to prevent lone wolfing as a pilot/ pilot crew, and encourages communication between multiple elements of the battlefield.

Good idea OP.

I want to do autorotation, yeah.  Favorite thing to do in Arma is autorotate with my entire passenger sectiong screaming about how we are all going to die and nobody does.