u2had

How Do You Want To See Attachments Done?

I mean I love them, they are great for any situation is which is awesome. Its shooter's preference but the fact that it has dual purpose makes it extremely useful for us at least.

I never use the dual purpose, the bipod part always leaves the front end of the rifle way too high for any actual benefit. I much prefer resting the RIS on something.

Grippods would be cool. Customiseable mag sizes for appropriate weapons would also be nice, for example a 100 or 200 round belt for the SAWs, 45 or 75 round mags for RPK, but nothing ridiculous like every rifleman having a C-mag. Such a choice should also affect weapon handling ideally, but independent of optics unlike how it is in PR with the SAW example.

I see no reason not to allow for the use of ironsights even if troops in the faction you're playing as would be issued optics. In many games I prefer using them over any other sight.

Anyway, generally I'm worried about upsetting both game balance and authenticity. Even if the US military was comprised of 110% Tier 0 HSLD Army Marine Operators with every rail on their rifles occupied, would it be very fun for the opposite side if they didn't have access to the same gadgets they did? Insurgency would've had the same problem, but it allows for the same types of attachments on the Insurgents' weapons, compromising authenticity. 

Edit2: As stated above, attachments should be restricted to standard issue equipment.

Edit:

Then it works it way down the the chains, some Platoon Leaders/Sergeants, or even SLs may say no to any tweaks.

It would be a nice feature for the squad leaders to set restrictions on attachments for their squad.

There is definitely something to be said for letting Squad leaders and commanders control their subordinates' use of attachments.  Not only is it realistic but it could minimize the chance of one player in a squad thinking they're better off doing something else (like staying back behind the squad trying to snipe when the squad should be moving up.)

In general I defer to the guys with military experience about this issue, but I think we all need to consider that a little bit of customization is pretty much a given in all FPS these days.  Scopes, grips, lights/IR, and mags would be enough for me.  Honestly, I'm just bored with the kits in PR, a little diversity never hurt anyone.  

Also, I think there needs to be a serious discussion about why we can't play as more specialized units (though I don't mean SEALS, SAS or JTF type forces).  I'm fine with being a grunt, but I'd also like to see some diversity, like 10th Mountain or MSOR and others based on the locale of the fighting.  

If a spec ops class is added I think the customization should be more like MOH:WF for the spec ops class.

no spec opz, if only because they wouldn't be found, in general, on the frontline fighting with the grunts, which is where this game takes place, if it follows PR

I don't think attachments should be restricted to kit/role like insurgency, all attachments should be available for your gun from the get go, unless it's a weapon specific or team specific attachment. Weapons could be restricted to kits ala PR. But there still should be options and alternatives. Like as a US Rifleman, Medic, Officer, Crewman, Etc  having the choice between the M4 and M16A4. A Marksman can pick between the MK.11 or MK.12. Machine Gunner can swap between the M249 and M240. Etc, Etc. But all kits and weapons have the same core attachments to choose froms; Red Dot, Elcan, Acog, Sniper scope, Bipod, Foregrip, Suppressor, Etc. Is mounting a variable zoom sniper scope on your M240 unrealistic? Maybe. Is it Fun? Definitely! 

i think it should be strictly limited to what general infantry, fighters get irl

With source code comes the possibility of not being restricted to a kit system designed by DICE on an aging game.

The year is 2014, fast approaching 2015 and we definitely aim to take advantage of a more flexiblie solution of kit and equipment selection. That being said there will of course be limitations and constraints, this will not be CoD or BF3/4.

I think both the conservative minded and the new players will be satisfied with the solution we end up with, we have several versions that we want to try out and they are all "realistic" and flexible, giving way for replayablility, customization for the squad members role and the units role as a whole.

and hopefully not insurgency either. although its a great game, its is quite different from PR and thus SQ

Are you guys talking about a REAL Army? Seems like a dream for a grunt.

Yes I'm talking about REAL army. Even when we went out bush, we still had IR attachments and night vision. Infantry had wildcat sights (elcans) in some cases.

no spec opz, if only because they wouldn't be found, in general, on the frontline fighting with the grunts, which is where this game takes place, if it follows PR

i think it should be strictly limited to what general infantry, fighters get irl

and hopefully not insurgency either. although its a great game, its is quite different from PR and thus SQ

Someone suggested it on an earlier post so I suggested a way it should work.

Unless you plan on making SF (Special forces) keep the attachments to what the units get issued. 

Dont want anything like COD/Battlefield etc...