rulie

Favorite Inspirational Quotes

76 posts in this topic

"The truth, Walker is that you're here because you wanted to feel like something you're not... a hero"

While I did like this game, I really wish they hadn't forced me to kill a trench full of civilians :( 

Your founder tag is epic rulie

Tanks mate. I've grown rather fond of it also. I will be requesting permissions from our devs to have it reproduced here by my local embroidery lady friend as a patch i can sew onto my shooting jacket. I'll be sporting at the range and promoting SQUAD at the same time! :D

Capture075.jpg

“Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” - Muhammad Ali

"I love the name of honor, more than I fear death." - Julius Caeser

12108035_1182734305076641_81000276863582

"Life is whole only when it isn’t subordinate to a specific object that exceeds it. In this way, the essence of entirety is freedom." - George Bataille

"Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present." - Marcus Aurelius

"You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength." - Marcus Aurelius

"A noble man compares and estimates himself by an idea which is higher than himself; and a mean man, by one lower than himself. The one produces aspiration; the other ambition, which is the way in which a vulgar man aspires." - Marcus Aurelius

Great topic, I love history myself so I thought why not share something since i have a whole bunch of quote videos made on my channel with music added might be a few you like ( rommel, ceasar, hannibal for instance i bet for the people that interest history and warfare). the series is called greatest quotes :)

i recommend many but a few suggestions ;)

alexander the great

confucius

marcus aurelius 1 and 2

erwin rommel

plato

socrates

julius ceasar

hannibal barca

albert pike

and I could go on and on ... lol

Playlist: 

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBO2LXRuzZVy9hbNYgKU7ulxq7hueCfdU

Rommel

"In order for you to be brave, you must first start by being afraid, for true courage lies in the overcoming of fear, not in its absence".

The Blue Power Ranger. B)

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea"

"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh."

"Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done."

"It is a truism that almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so."

Can you guess the author?

"Study the past, if you would divine the future."

guesses?

“I choose a lazy person to do a hard job. Because a lazy person will find an easy way to do it.” -Bill Gates

"Before I do anything, I ask myself, "Would an idiot do that?". And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing." - Dwight Schrute

Veni Vidi Vici 

Zyzz ~

Everybody, one day will die, and be forgetton. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun, fuck a mundane predictable life working monday to friday with something you derive no pleasure from; just living life out till you grow old and wither away. Find a passion, form relationships, dont be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks, trust me its alot more fun that way.

Dont ever pay people out or put people down. Instead just put yourself up and let the haters do their thing. Id rather be a person thats hated on, than a person that does the hating. A wise man one said..

Haters gonna hate!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i dont workout for chicks, i workout to create an aura. when i walk into a room, introduce myself to someone, go for a job interview, i love looking dominant, in charge, and in control. I love walking past and having people point and talk about me. i love the fact that when i go somewhere with thousands of people. almost all of them will remember who i am when it is over, and i didnt even have to say a word (this was the case before people knew who i was)

None of this will make sense to any of you once you get the physique and know whats its like. I know it sounds like im bragging, but think of it as driving a ferrari in real life. Why do people drive ferraris? to get attention, looks, exert dominance and superiority from the norm, and to get people talking..but it also inspires jealousy and haters on the person driving. Thats exactly what i experience IRL

Y1BcNrH.jpg

Just about anything from old Gen. Patton. A great leader through and through and a great man to read on leadership. Been studying him and others since I was young and a lot of his quotes have helped me grow as a leader working with my guys in the real world and how I approach my duty position. Not to mention, being obviously military oriented, you can take away these for Squad. Especially as an SL.

"A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week."  (Violence of action gents) 

"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." (Ever hear of groupthink? Look it up)

"Do everything you ask of those you command." (A favorite, don't ever ask one of your Soldiers to do something you won't do yourself and get down there and do it along side them) 

"It’s the unconquerable soul of man, not the nature of the weapon he uses, that insures victory."

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to man's stupidity." (Think of that next time you start Super FOBing) 

"Never let the enemy pick the battle site."

"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." (A big favorite. A facet of my own leadership style. I find myself quoting this when I'm asked for advice time and again) 

"A pint of sweat will save a gallon of blood." (For those of you who think PT sucks every morning. It does, but you know what it's for.)