We didn't have a generic combat footage thread so I thought I'd start one.

If anyone's ever wondered what a WW2-esque battlefield would look like in modern day Syria...this is it.

You don't see anyone get killed from what I've seen.

You don't sit on /k/ by any chance do you? Because I was checking on a thread full of Islamic Front videos- Including this one- all day at work.

On the chance you do, I liked the one with the ISIL/Iraqi Army combat footage from warleaks.

It's actually pretty scary how ballsy, and even- dare I say it- more professional the ISIL fighters looked in some parts.

I believe the above video is part of the joint operation between the Islamic Front and JAN.

JAN would be the ones wearing the camo/black traditional Islamic dress- As it's pretty much uniform for their fighters.

I do have some sweet combat footage though most include death/gore and I don't believe I can post that on here.

I think it would be ok if you mark death/gore videos clearly and hide them behind a Spoiler button.

Like this 

Tada!

Just so people know, spoiler tags are: 

[spoiler ]Enter hidden thing here and remove the spaces in the square bracketsfor it to work[ /spoiler]

Made you look ;)

I just use the "Special BBCode" button next to the font selector. There's a drop down list where you can select "Spolier" and then it asks what you want to put in the spoiler.

Not directly combat footage, but it includes a lot, Armadillo follows around Danish soldiers in Afghanistan, and it features environments that look almost directly from Squad. Also never knew Danes were this badass.

I just use the "Special BBCode" button next to the font selector. There's a drop down list where you can select "Spolier" and then it asks what you want to put in the spoiler.

Sometimes that's a little finicky for me on chrome, but whatever :) 

I'm sure it's ok. Melbo's shared his own stuff and there was a combat footage thread on realitymod.com so I don't see why it wouldn't be ok here. If there's gore or death just make sure you mark your videos accordingly.

Some of the most gut twisting footage I have seen comes from the Syrian war.

The one that sticks to my mind is a tanker with a leg blown clambering out of his tank, then he rolls into a fire burning on the ground (from a fuel spill I guess), then rolls into the enemy fire.

Some of the most gut twisting footage I have seen comes from the Syrian war.

The one that sticks to my mind is a tanker with a leg blown clambering out of his tank, then he rolls into a fire burning on the ground (from a fuel spill I guess), then rolls into the enemy fire.

I've seen that, it's not even really that bad compared to some of the combat videos to be honest.

There's one where an SAA soldiers gets gunned down by ISIL fighters and crawls into a stair well, then gets shot 3 times- one of which hits a smoke grenade or something that ignites and sets him on fire.

How do they tell who is an enemy fighter?

White Headband = IF?

Black Headband = ISIL?

As you can see here- ISIL wear camo or black versions of the traditional Islamic dress(Just like JAN), and IF (who are the ones taking the video) are generally dressed like civilians with guns and a bit of camo here and there.

You can also see some guys there with grey latex masks or some shit, I guess they must be Mexican wrestler foreign fighters.

The story in the above video is that a few of the ISIL fighters decided that they didn't want to fight with other Muslims, so they surrendered to save the bloodshed- The others, well- They are the hardline ones who see Islamic Front as "Munafiqeen" or Hypocrites, and see no harm in shooting them... So they attack.

Note: The video rewinds at 1:15 or something and swaps to a second camera angle.

That PTRS guy is ridiculous. Is the PTRS/PTRD even any use these days? I'm guessing it's only used to shoot at jeeps and trucks.

some guys there with grey latex masks or some shit, I guess they must be Mexican wrestler foreign fighters.

lmao you have got to be kidding me

This has probably been posted on the PR forums before but I don't think it's been posted here