PanterA

More guns and being able to change equipment

Basically, my point is that Squad should include weapon customization not because soldiers are able to pick and choose IRL, as according to what other have said here they cannot, but instead Squad should include limited customization to represent the reasonable variations in weapons and attachments between individual soldiers. While drastically limiting the amount of attachments, and limiting the weapons in each faction, as PR currently does, would be sufficient, I believe that giving players a small amount of choice in the appearance and performance of their weapons would improve the experience by allowing players to plan for specific scenarios, as long as such changes do not drastically alter the players abilities.

+1

Especially the part underlined, it gives more competiveness to game (because then the rifle is rifle not rifle + A + B + G +2G) and it makes balancing the whole really much easier. Plus everyone can't run guns like this so it again add the teamplaying side:

themaskpackingheat_2.jpg

For body armor I feel it should be somewhat nonexistent, atleas it must not make sorldiers to be like BF4 where you can literally soak them with bullets and all they do is jump and run away.

It's just a simple idea to create a bit of individuality for a soldier instead of everyone having everyone being the same.

You cannot change your camouflage pattern, plate carrier or helmet unless you're in a reconnaissance squad where you wear bush hats to so you don't have to worry about the outline of your helmet making you an easier target to spot.

What you can change

+decision to wear gloves or not, tactical, fingerless etc.

+rolling up sleeves or keeping them down

+cam cream if you're in a woodland environment

+neck scarves, scrim scarves, shemaghs (can be worn over face)

+zap badges (can be customized)

+regimental TRF patches.

+flags

+knee pads

+elbow pads

+rank slides (based on player experience, ranks could be implemented

+foliage on helmets

+eyewear, ballistic goggles, military glasses, shades etc.

+hydration bladders (aesthetic)

+assault packs (to carry additional supplies)

+webbing, belt order, chest rigs, MOLLE pouches attached to plate carrier.

+ethnicity

These are some ideas I have, I would love it if a feature like this could be in SQUAD, as it is some of these custom kit players choose could aid them in battle as far as concealment is concerned.

Feel free to agree, disagree or share suggest anything that could help this idea develop

We have like 300 threads on this already.

oh, ok

I would like to see this in the final product.

It's just a simple idea to create a bit of individuality for a soldier instead of everyone having everyone being the same.

Character customization is not a prerequisite for non-identical soldiers. I would prefer randomized player models.

The only customization What we need is the level of team, the ammunition that the vehicles will take and what kind of infantry commander need for each mission. Nothing silly personal customization.

Okay I feel like this is one of the things about this forum, and also maybe a bit about OP.

For anybody who has any idea/suggestion, please go through the follow thought process

1. Has this been suggested already? 
2. Is it worth the time and effort of devs to have this?
3. Does it sacrifice gameplay for realism? 

And seriously, Kim Jong, you've posted like 50% of all the suggestions on this forum, and I feel like half of them were already suggested or similar suggestions to bigger threads.

might just be me, but I do like to see a little bit of variation, so yes i'd definetly be up for the bare hands, or the rolled up sleeves, maybe some customizable facial hair. Not much more than that though.

Except for the "other guys"  B)

Pfft, I shaved every morning when working with SF. No excuses for badmin!

Okay I feel like this is one of the things about this forum, and also maybe a bit about OP.

For anybody who has any idea/suggestion, please go through the follow thought process

1. Has this been suggested already? 

2. Is it worth the time and effort of devs to have this?

3. Does it sacrifice gameplay for realism? 

And seriously, Kim Jong, you've posted like 50% of all the suggestions on this forum, and I feel like half of them were already suggested or similar suggestions to bigger threads.

This^ Getting sick and tired of this spam. Shut down the forums until the release. Then you can make these crazy and useless suggestions that will never see the light of day anyhow. That's not just for Kim Jong, there's a lot of useless nonsense and pooh that just keeps recurring. Bleh, enough already.

Pfft, I shaved every morning when working with SF. No excuses for badmin!

Well then I suppose it's personal preference at that point :P

Sounds like a waste of time/resources to me.

A bit of randomization(i.e. 2 rifleman might have a few different pieces of gear) wouldn't hurt, but not a full blown character..

This^ Getting sick and tired of this spam. Shut down the forums until the release. Then you can make these crazy and useless suggestions that will never see the light of day anyhow. That's not just for Kim Jong, there's a lot of useless nonsense and pooh that just keeps recurring. Bleh, enough already.

^^^^^^^^^this so much

Just close it down...

i know what a lot think about this, ive seen the locked thread already...

basicly what you should be able to is to decide what exactly you want to ahve with your kit, if you get a breacher you should be able to choose if you want toeither bring the assault rifle with the shotgun or drop the assault rifle completly and only take a shotung, adding mroe shots and slug round to the kit (basicly like the old British breacher in PR), then you should also be able to choose if you want to play with either iron sights, Scopes or red dot/holo optics.

for the rest of the kit you should also be able to choose if you want to bring more smoke granades but doing so causes you to lose some frags and in the case of a LAT/HAT kit to be able to choose that you can bring a extra Rocket round by losing amo from the rifle and/or granades etc.

also every character should get the choice of bringing Binoculars with em (miss those in PR)

Edit: i just noticed that i made a writing error in the thread name, im sorry for that

i know what a lot think about this, ive seen the locked thread already...

If you saw that thread already, why did you post this new one?

If you saw that thread already, why did you post this new one?

because the old one got locked and from what i saw it was more going towards character customization, this should be more towards kit customization, so that you can choose outside of the kit specific equipment if you want to change it with something else or add amo for a kit specific equipment, as example, 2 ropes instead of 1 or a extra rocket for a rocket launcher