PanterA

More guns and being able to change equipment

^no reason not to talk about it now though. The devs can always look back on this conversation in the future to see what's up.

Weapon unlocks are not interesting in my opinion, and it over-complicates the weapon balance hard; either the unlocks give an unfair competitive advantage, or they don't do anything and therefore aren't much of an incentive anyways. Now... Role/Position unlocks... thats another story from another thread I have spent too much typing in already. o_0

I think that some level of customization could be really cool, but it would need to be relevant and make sense in the context of the game.

I would pay $5/person for a custom squad-arm patch if:

[*]It could be a custom 300x300 png

[*]there was a party mechanism sufficient to get me and my fellow patch-sporting squaddies into the same server on the same side

No. NO. NO

This will ruin immersion. I don't want to see f*** spongebob, unicorn  or other bullshit patches on any uniform. This is not fu**** Battlefield 4.

Unlocks are cancer. I often played Project Reality for hours straight because of it's immersion, I don't want to be forced to play to unlock something in order to really enjoy the game in its fullest.

Edit:

Yes, just because there is a handful of mature people here doesn't mean there will be hundreds/thousands of players of the same kind playing the game in the future.

We also don't seem to have the battlefield 4 players here. As a whole everyone seems pretty damn mature on these forums. Of course to expect our kind to be the only kind would be short sighted.

No no.No.This will already be a niche game why make it even more so with all this crap. We all know who's who or soon will.So experienced players get special and or better kit, makes New players run to the hills.

That's an interesting opinion. Most people here have claimed the complete opposite, that the game will cater too much to casual/mainstream gamers with the suggestions I posted before....

Maybe, just maybe later down the line. Right now, actually making the game should be the first and foremost priority.

I agree most of this stuff should be added later on. It would be loads of work that isn't really necessary to make an awesome game, but rather just to make it more persistent for the filthy casuals.

No. NO. NO

This will ruin immersion. I don't want to see f*** spongebob, unicorn [etc]

I must agree. The custom badges would ruin everything in seconds. Sure it would be cool for some big clan like 3dAC to have their own unit patch looking something like 1st air cav or something, but in seconds there will be drawings of d*cks, "sorry I killed u xD" etc everywhere, and there is no way in hell someone could view and approve that every single custom unit patch looks like a proper well made military unit patch before they were accepted in-game.

My opinion about this: PR is a game about Standard/Asymmetric war, you are a Regular, you have your role, and you use what you have been issued with, and Squad should follow the same path. You join the server, take a look on the round progression, choose your Faction, chose your department/squad, ask your squad mates what they need, chose your role and join the game. And just Play it. Nothing less, nothing more.Spectator mode with recording capabilities would be nice for servers that enable this feature, which may be used for small competitions or large tournaments.Ranks... points... unlocks... decals... camos... patches... colors... attachments... avatars... assignaments... medals/badges... No. Hell no.

Ranks... points... unlocks... decals... camos... patches... colors... attachments... avatars... assignaments... medals/badges... No. Hell no.

W... Decals? Camos? Colors??? AVATARS?!?! ASSIGNMENTS?!?!?!

In what alternate universe did I lower myself to ever have such filth cross my lips? I have not suggested anything so utterly grotesque, good sir, and I will have you know that I shall never do so either! I believe that you read the word "unlocks" and thought "Oh, he's suggesting BF4, that bastard!" (and obviously if I did suggest BF4 you'd have every reason to be upset). However, should you read more closely, I was indeed very restrictive as to what I suggested to be unlocked. Especially camouflages... Imagine having your team running around with 15 different camouflages and no name tags... That would be insane, I say! ...But yeah regarding the unlocking the alternate (hopefully more advanced/difficult to use) weapon slot and unlocking the more difficult to use attachments like sub-sonic rounds, tracers, DMR/sniper scopes for non-DMR/sniper rifles, etc. I'm not 100% supporting either. Balancing issues, and also the fact that it would at least for some people give a bit more of a reason to grind, which is a big no-no.

I was not referring only to your suggestion, but other Rewards/Unlocks suggestions made by other users in other threads too.

Fair enough, although I think there's a difference between what I suggested and the BF-esque things you listed...

Thanks for your post Ostboll, but I will have to say no to almost every one of your points, mostly because of the same reasons as already mentioned by Mr. Obaama and other gentlemen. I also want to say that I share your concerns regarding making this game big and attractive to the market, so I understand why you wish to enhance the player stats in order to raise the level of addiction. However, I find this type of addiction both being of low-quality (attracting bad players) and unnecessary for Squad. Why? Because there will be another form of addiction already present in the game. It is a better and a stronger type, the one we've seen in PR: the addiction of the good gameplay (successful teamwork rounds, high team spirit and cohesion, pride of conducting successful operations, etc.). Ofcourse it takes more time to get addicted to the gameplay but it also keeps the community clear of many cheaters.

You said you often played PR randomly, taking breaks in between? It makes me wonder if you sir ever seen the real beauty of PR if you never got as addicted as many of us (this is perhaps the real problem we should be solving).

Thanks for your post Ostboll,

I have replied to Obaama & co. specifying some things... Of course I you probably don't have time to read the entire thread... But still.

Anyway I wasn't really for some of the suggestions myself, and mostly posted them for debate so I and the community and possibly the devs could know what people think of them. Some of the others, however, I do think it would be sad for the devs to leave out. As for the playing PR 'randomly', what I meant was that I play it obsessively for a few weeks, and then don't touch it for a few weeks, then return etc., as opposed to other games where I play them half *ssed all the time... PR truly is an awesome game (one of the best games I have ever played even), but it lacks persistence and long term progress unless you're a regular squad leader, or if you're progressing by learning the different vehicles and less intuitive kits...

Of course I you probably don't have time to read the entire thread... But still.

Anyway I wasn't really for some of the suggestions myself, and mostly posted them for debate so I and the community and possibly the devs could know what people think of them. Some of the others, however, I do think it would be sad for the devs to leave out. As for the playing PR 'randomly', what I meant was that I play it obsessively for a few weeks, and then don't touch it for a few weeks, then return etc., as opposed to other games where I play them half *ssed all the time... PR truly is an awesome game (one of the best games I have ever played even), but it lacks persistence and long term progress unless you're a regular squad leader, or if you're progressing by learning the different vehicles and less intuitive kits...

Discussion is good, but posting some suggestions you don't have any faith in makes you look pathetic. Please resort to the "Discussion" subforum in the future if you wish to stay clear of such judgement. I am not willing to waste my time on people who are not ready to push their own ideas till the end or an obvious conclusion, such is the difference between a discussion and a suggestion. If you have decided to abandon your goal you should be clear about it and motivate why.

Now are you, sir? If yes, then ask a moderator to close this topic. If no, then please stop sounding so undecided and keep working on your concept.

Discussion is good, but posting some suggestions you don't have any faith in makes you look pathetic. Please resort to the "Discussion" subforum in the future if you wish to stay clear of such judgement. I am not willing to waste my time on people who are not ready to push their own ideas till the end or an obvious conclusion, such is the difference between a discussion and a suggestion. If you have decided to abandon your goal you should be clear about it and motivate why.

Now are you, sir? If yes, then ask a moderator to close this topic. If no, then please stop sounding so undecided and keep working on your concept.

Uhm... Did you just call me pathetic for highlighting some topics of debate? And what's with your aggressive tone here? These were suggestions. That said, simply for suggesting something you don't have to be ignorantly 100% for these suggestions no matter what despite a reasonable debate listing the pros and cons of the suggestions and in what way they may be implemented. I did 'push my ideas' within reason by arguing for my suggestions, although you admittedly did not read these arguments (which is understandable, it's three pages after all)... Some of whom were stated in my initial post even. I have not decided to 'abandon my goal' simply for having listed some associated suggestions that I was not entirely sure were a good idea to implement. I honestly don't get why you seem so upset because I'm trying to promote a philosophical debate rather than one sided bias and ignorantly shoving your ideas down peoples throats without respecting that there are several opinions and options to consider, respect and listen to... The fact that you are suggesting something doesn't mean you should be ignorant of what people think of your suggestions, or that you should be unwilling to change them.

There were several suggestions in my TS related to persistence, and throughout this topic I and other members of the community have without any rudeness or aggression managed to come to several good conclusions regarding what suggestions are good, what suggestions needs to be modified, and what suggestions are bad. I have edited my TS post to reflect what conclusions have been drawn in this discussion. However, I must highly disagree with your suggested way of conducting a debate following suggestions (that is, as I understand it, seemingly waging some kind of war of words, where listening to others is, and I quote; "pathetic", and where not being 100% convinced you are right is wrong)... A suggestion does not exclude a response to it, in my opinion... Also, I apologize in advance if I misinterpreted what you said here.

I wouldnt mind the shoulder patches being realisticly customizable. The game should integrate all national armies flag badges, and as many unit badges as it could, and the community should provide the rest, backed by an authentic picture of the patch, to avoid childish bullshit.

It'd be nice seeing everyone run with their country's flag on their right arm and some special force badge on the other. Wouldnt be entirely realistic of course to have a taliban with a US flag and a MARSOC arm patch, but it wouldnt break anything, not even visually since those things are only discernable from a really close distance.

This is mainly because I want to use this on my soldier :P

Posted Image

I wouldnt mind the

I think the flag suggestion would be pretty weird and it would kind of break the immersion with talibans with U.S. flags in my opinion. The custom unit patches would be nice if there's some way to restrict the customization to realistic unit patches so people aren't just going to draw d*cks and stuff on their arms... Right now I'm not entirely sure how this system would work, but I asume a very limited "choose background" "choose position A" "choose position B" etc would work and it would also be a very easily implemented system, combined with a report function if someone misbehaves. Going all-out BF would just end up in d*cks and pink text saying "sry I killed u xD" etc I'm afraid...

I think the flag suggestion would be pretty weird and it would kind of break the immersion with talibans with U.S. flags in my opinion. The custom unit patches would be nice if there's some way to restrict the customization to realistic unit patches so people aren't just going to draw d*cks and stuff on their arms... Right now I'm not entirely sure how this system would work, but I asume a very limited "choose background" "choose position A" "choose position B" etc would work and it would also be a very easily implemented system, combined with a report function if someone misbehaves. Going all-out BF would just end up in d*cks and pink text saying "sry I killed u xD" etc I'm afraid...

that's exactly what i said. i suggested that nothing but real badges and unit emblems be allowed. you choose real ones from a list, not write or draw your own. :P

that's exactly what i said. i suggested that nothing but real badges and unit emblems be allowed. you choose real ones from a list, not write or draw your own. :P

Interesting thought... What about automatically getting the unit patch of your squad leader, and this unit patch is visible in the spawn menu? That way when someone stumbles across a dead guy, they can tell his patch is that of third infantry or something...

Interesting thought... What about automatically getting the unit patch of your squad leader, and this unit patch is visible in the spawn menu? That way when someone stumbles across a dead guy, they can tell his patch is that of third infantry or something...

good idea. or the whole squad would have a simple numbered badge corresponding to their squad number.

good idea. or the whole squad would have a simple numbered badge corresponding to their squad number.

Well that would make it easier -.-

Then the unit patches could either be a selection of pre-mate ones, or pretty limited custom ones. I think if there is going to be individual unit patches, they should be unique at least so say a clan could make their own patch.

I don't think I'd care about having a patch though unless it was my own clan's logo. And obviously this is hard to implement, but it can be done... Somehow.

I don't think I'd care about having a patch though unless it was my own clan's logo. And obviously this is hard to implement, but it can be done... Somehow.

I agree that's the main point, clans having their own logos. For the non-clan players it would be pretty dull...

Uhm... Did you just call me pathetic for highlighting some topics of debate?...

In fact it was my twisted attempt to encourage you to keep fighting, but I guess it as usually didn't work out as planned when typing half asleep early in the morning. Anyway, I am glad to hear that you haven't given up (and you can just disregard my last post). Even though your "not sure" attitude disappoints me, the word "pathetic" wasn't the one I was looking for. My reaction was triggered simply by the fact that I am not ready to accept this kind of attitude from someone who starts a "suggestion" topic, because I expect people to only start such topics if they actually believe in their own ideas (otherwise it may turn out to be some pointless and disappointing spam that only costed my attention, but didn't lead anywhere in the end). For everything else - there is the "Discussion" board, where you can grow your conviction before you come here and are prepared to push your ideas to some critical point.

P.S. I have read the entire topic before I made my first post. And no, I don't mean that you should not listen to any feedback. I just mean that it should guide you without affecting your conviction.

In fact it was my twisted attempt to encourage you to keep fighting, but I guess it as usually didn't work out as planned

Well I guess I misinterpreted some of what you said then... Having added the notes to the TS post, I do feel that I personally stand by the suggestions as posted in the TS, although I of course respect that (apparently most) people don't, provided everyone in the poll read all the suggestions in detail. But hey, you might be right, maybe I should have posted under discussion first and then post the suggestions, rather than posting my suggestions immediately and then adding notes/edits in the TS after I got some constructive criticism. And again my apologies for misinterpreting your post there... It's always difficult to try to figure out the tone/intention in text I guess...

honestly i would say no to this because 

A: having any kind of persistant reward based system gets players playing for the wrong reasons, they aren't playing it for fun or for rewarding teamwork, they're playing to get that ribbon, or to get that patch.

B: it can also kinda encourage hacking, out of all the games ive played PR is the only game in which i've never noticed a blatant hacker or anyone suspicious and i've been playing for 4 years because there isn't any kind of reward system, the reward is playing a great mod