PanterA

More guns and being able to change equipment

what you hoped you of attachments, you self can*t see them. shoot you better ? no .... for what .    only for eyecandy ?

It's necessary, cause US faction have superior armor, high damage and most controlable weapon, plus they have reflex sights...not speaking about SAW.

in my view, this upgrad and coustomization thingy belongs in the battlefield games and the like.

has no bussiness here, average soldier X doesnt get ask if he want "toy device X" or "tacticool device Z" on the gun, they give him a gun and that is it. the gun he gets does fit his role so that is it.

please no unlocks and weapon upgrades of this sort, i would not like it and it has no place in a realistic shooter.

To people worried about being able to ID your squadmates - Don't. Not only will you be distinguishable by your kit geometry, but when you aim at a friendly their name pops up. I could get behind having different shades, rolled sleeves and maybe even certain ways of wearing equipment (knee guards on the lower leg/ankle is something they did for IDF forces in PR and it looks pretty cool imo). As far as weapons go you can choose your optics as a rifleman at present but I'm unsure how the kit setups are slated in the future, we may end up with a PR style of having the choice between Optics or Ironsights which pretty much covers the essential variations you would get in a much more dynamic inventory system. I believe it's a balance issue as well, and as such it will be in the hands of the dev team (although they really enjoy input and often turn criticism into adjustments/tweaks)

That's great... except when it doesn't pop up - something that happens fairly regularly when they're a little ways off. Lots of FF situations happen on Chora and Fools Road due to this. Less for me now as I'm more used to distinguishing uniforms... but it still happens from time to time. And would only be worse if teams had multiple types of uniforms in the same match/round.

Customization of class should really be limited to choosing your optic (or lack thereof) which is perfectly acceptable with the military, you can take it off if you want. You should have a back up iron sight. Maybe something can do with the foregrip, bipod, and bipod foregrip that has been going around, especially in the Marines. I think it might add too much complication if every little thing you have on your weapon does something to your character. Alternatively you could have a limited number of attachments and each attachment is essentially choosing your role. That might be too complicated to implement, as well as redundant. 

There are really not any alternative weapons you can choose from anymore. Gone are the days of choosing between an M1, M1 carbine, Thompson, and just all that jazz. Standardization is happening. Maybe for specialized kits? Like breacher available with the M4 or a SMG along with the shotgun or something... I dunno. 

It's necessary, cause US faction have superior armor, high damage and most controlable weapon, plus they have reflex sights...not speaking about SAW.

As long as it's realistic, its fine by me. 

As long as it's realistic, its fine by me. 

It's not realistic, cause US ARMY wears ACU, M4 instead M4A1...

Each of russian rifleman in real conflict has LAT and AP Ammo. 7N6 is not good ammo against armored inf and we know it. Therefore we have 7N10 and 7N21...Also our squads has PKM/PKP 7.62mm machinegun as it possible.

Who do you think will have the more convinent equipment: russian guys or americans?

Sometimes it is better worry about the balance instead realism, cause reality may be too hard for you.

Each of russian rifleman in real conflict has LAT and AP Ammo. 7N6 is not good ammo against armored inf and we know it. Therefore we have 7N10 and 7N21...Also our squads has PKM/PKP 7.62mm machinegun as it possible.

Who do you think will have the more convinent equipment: russian guys or americans?

Sometimes it is better worry about the balance instead realism, cause reality may be too hard for you.

US Army is being remodelled. And they are phasing out the M4 for the M4A1 if I heard right. So being in the near-past-future setting means it is alright. Sure, balance is important, but realism promises interesting ways of bringing out asymmetrical warfare.

US Army is being remodelled. And they are phasing out the M4 for the M4A1 if I heard right. So being in the near-past-future setting means it is alright. Sure, balance is important, but realism promises interesting ways of bringing out asymmetrical warfare.

You do not hear me. I'm talking about true russian equipment, but not for May 9 parade (Glory for ancestry!)

That's great... except when it doesn't pop up - something that happens fairly regularly when they're a little ways off. Lots of FF situations happen on Chora and Fools Road due to this. Less for me now as I'm more used to distinguishing uniforms... but it still happens from time to time. And would only be worse if teams had multiple types of uniforms in the same match/round.

That is indeed a known bug that is being looked into, it seems to happen based on the height of what you are using as cover. If you ever played PR you will likely notice the majority of players have no indication of which team they are on when you aim at them, in this this forms good habits of checking for visual clues on the soldier you are aiming at as well as checking the map.

A lot of people will say "I don't have time to check the map" in which case you are likely close enough to positively ID friend from foe based on uniform/weapon, and even if you were looking at a distance enemy who changed positions while you were checking the map it's better than wasting a teammate who was flanking.

As for uniforms not being exactly what is being fielded this moment by any modern military, that is a moot point as all soldiers of a certain faction will share the same uniform.

any update on the OP?  I cant wait to have a decent sight to work with on the insurgency side.  I'd love to see some loadout customization in regards to armour/carry weight and speed or stamina buffs for choosing a lighter loadout.  I understand the reasons for limiting the amount or style of scopes and I'm all for it.  I know the DEVS have their roadmap and are working hard to implement new features, while balancing and optimizing.  I hardly ever play as the american team and I honestly don't mind the iron sights on the AK and I love the iron sights on the AKM.  

Maybe a short term solution to the problem would be to give binoculars to the side without the rifle optics?  

Maybe just give them to riflemen?  

As someone who joins a game already on the go, and all the specialized kits are taken.  I'm happy to just play as a rifleman,  but I'd love to have an option to still be able to play a support role, or recon with binocs.

US Army is now (as I'm sure you know) into the OCP

ocp-shooter-us-army-photo.jpg

TBH, if they wanted to keep it realistic, they would make the ACOG the default/standard scope for the US Faction, as per Real life, with Iron sights (as it currently is) for the standard Russian Infantry faction as per real life. However that would be un fair (as war always is). But I do agree with you, there is a fine balance between realism and fun/balancing. 

I just hope they have the Range/Accuracy right for both the AK and M4. 

US Army is now (as I'm sure you know) into the OCP

TBH, if they wanted to keep it realistic, they would make the ACOG the default/standard scope for the US Faction, as per Real life, with Iron sights (as it currently is) for the standard Russian Infantry faction as per real life. However that would be un fair (as war always is). But I do agree with you, there is a fine balance between realism and fun/balancing. 

I just hope they have the Range/Accuracy right for both the AK and M4. 

Optics will be as realistic as we can get them without compromising too much on gameplay. Still plenty of work to be done on them as well as balancing out how they are distributed.

The range and accuracy of the AK and M4 are based on real life data, however there may be things are that exaggerated or lower than realistic levels for a specific gameplay purposes. Example being the recoil curve and non-ADS recoil modifiers to "inspire" players to ADS more often and use semi-auto more often.

I wouldnt be too happy if a guy carrying an AT4 rocket and an Assault Rifle could move and be free as someone who only has a Rifleman kit.

One of the things that squad should aim for is to make teamwork easy between strangers, movement speeds can be a great way to balance classes in games like say TF2, the scout is the fastest class and that is because his role is to flank and harass the opponent as well as to capture flags in ctf, he doesnt need to worry about his teammates keeping up because hes generally alone. In squad however you need to always maintain squad cohesion and that will be much more difficult if you decrease some classes movement speed cause they would be "op" otherwise. individual balance isnt really relevant in squad where the objective is to leverage your entire squads strengths to best the enemy.

Heavier classes would be consistently left behind as people run ahead to get to the next fight then they complain in squadchat when they got totally destroyed by a full squad cause they were just 3 riflemen and their grenadier, AR, medic and Designated marksman were lagging behind.

in my view, this upgrad and coustomization thingy belongs in the battlefield games and the like.

has no bussiness here, average soldier X doesnt get ask if he want "toy device X" or "tacticool device Z" on the gun, they give him a gun and that is it. the gun he gets does fit his role so that is it.

please no unlocks and weapon upgrades of this sort, i would not like it and it has no place in a realistic shooter.

Not exactly true, soldiers in the field have a decent bit of freedom when it comes to customization of their weapon (as far as I've been told it's perfectly fine to swap out stocks, grips, foregrips and other shit) so long as the rifle is in its issue state when you return from deployment. That being said, a lot of this can also depend on how big of an arse your CO is. Technically it's not against the rules to paint your M4, but most commanders won't let you do it anyway. If you have an even worse CO, they can also enforce rigid standard when it comes to weapons and gear (some commanders choose to enforce a one size fits all plate carrier load out that is beyond uncomfortable, for example.)

That being said, I don't think extreme levels of customization should be present in game, but I do think that having no customization at all is wrong. At the very least I'd like to see what I've suggested, which is cosmetic differences (such as including all M68 CCO variants either for choice or randomized.)

Just by the way this is no longer an accurate portrayal of OCP.

I don't know, if this has been posted yet, as this thread is huge and I just found it, but what about face customization?

How about longer you survive the more you weapon customised attachments change. As per the role your playing.?

I feel like the lack of scopes on some weapons w/some factions (everyone besides Americans) creates a slight disadvantage. I understand scopes/sights are not a common feature with every single gun/faction, but some kind of customization with grips, sights, and stock would be a great addition to balance out the battlefield. By all means, it does not need to be to the extent of... *throws up in mouth*... CoD... *throws up on keyboard*. But somewhere between what it is now and Insurgency. 

As far as unlocking the attachments, I don't have any MAJOR ideas but would love to hear others. 

Gun customization, no. Loadout vs Mobility, hell yes!

If i would be an breacher, i would like to change say 4 mags to 2 more grenades.

Also the more loadout (weight) you have, the slower you move and the faster the stamina bar drops (+ maybe more sway). These should be minor changes compared to "normal soldier" but would still feel different.

I'm for limited customization within kits.  Mainly a selection between iron sights and one or two optics and maybe grips. 

How about "gun skins?"  I'm not talking about electric blue tiger stripe paint jobs or anything like that. I'm talking about physical conditions (different scratch patterns, dirt smudges), wood grains, magazine styles, etc.  The amount of variation would depend on the particular gun and the faction (US/Russia would have more homogeneity while Insurgent/Militia would tend to have more heterogeneity).  The US/Russia would have subtler variations (scratches, etc).  We've got some incredibly talented artists in this community as you can see from perusing the modding section of this forum.  With the devs are already implementing community created content in the form of maps, why not open up for community submissions of different gun skins?  If they meet a certain threshhold of quality the devs could utilize these skins and you'd be able to select which one you would want to play with.  Here is just one example   of variation among weapons of the same model (AK47) that could be implemented:

wpid-testupload40.png?w=490

Edited by Buzzin Fr0g