PanterA

More guns and being able to change equipment

I like the Idea of Insurgency customization...

but I don't like the Idea use in Ins. and Cod BO2/BO3 of Pick 10 for squad...

would be better if was 3 picks and only for Primary:

and you could choose things like this

ForeGrip +1

Flashlight +1

LaserSight +1

Combo of both latern and flashlight (I don't remember the name) +2

Range Fider +3 (Bf4 one... not the best idea... OP for grenadiers and AT EDIT- For SL Only)

Scope/Reflex +1

combo of Scope and reflex +3 (well you can kill at any range, what would you want?)

havent read all the posts so i dont know if its been mentioned before, but will or should "race" (as in skin color/facial features/hair color/etc) be customizable?  it always bothered me in bf2 (the last bf i played, so not sure about bf3 and 4) the support roles were black and the leadership and medic roles were white. i would like to know how racial diversity--for US forces, not so much insurgent forces--will be approached. i have a ba in anthropology and a social science teaching credential with an emphasis on "race and ethnic relations" if you devs would like some free consultation. i really dont want to see this type of racial organization

bf2-2.jpg

it always bothered me in bf2 (the last bf i played, so not sure about bf3 and 4) the support roles were black and the leadership and medic roles were white. 

oh lawd, somebody call the ACLU, we have a CRISIS.

i've seen plenty of black medics in Squad. 

don't let kotaku or polygon find out about PR, you'll get harassed by social justice twitter warriors and "video game journalists" (lol) for the rest of your lives.

oh lawd, somebody call the ACLU, we have a CRISIS.

i've seen plenty of black medics in Squad. 

don't let kotaku or polygon find out about PR, you'll get harassed by social justice twitter warriors and "video game journalists" (lol) for the rest of your lives.

As much as this is not an issue for you, it is an issue for some people.

Presently, race is not tied to kit, and its totally random. This makes the racial profiling a non issue;in game its happenstance, and a cosmetic reflection of human diversity, and it doesn't affect mechanics in-game at all.

As much as this is not an issue for you, it is an issue for some people.

Presently, race is not tied to kit, and its totally random. This makes the racial profiling a non issue;in game its happenstance, and a cosmetic reflection of human diversity, and it doesn't affect mechanics in-game at all.

Exactly that. We will leave that discussion "RIGHT THERE". Thankyou.

To people worried about being able to ID your squadmates - Don't. Not only will you be distinguishable by your kit geometry, but when you aim at a friendly their name pops up. I could get behind having different shades, rolled sleeves and maybe even certain ways of wearing equipment (knee guards on the lower leg/ankle is something they did for IDF forces in PR and it looks pretty cool imo). As far as weapons go you can choose your optics as a rifleman at present but I'm unsure how the kit setups are slated in the future, we may end up with a PR style of having the choice between Optics or Ironsights which pretty much covers the essential variations you would get in a much more dynamic inventory system. I believe it's a balance issue as well, and as such it will be in the hands of the dev team (although they really enjoy input and often turn criticism into adjustments/tweaks)

Maybe having different guns for each class and being able to switch helmets and vests and that and It would determine weight and that.

Maybe having different guns for each class and being able to switch helmets and vests and that and It would determine weight and that.

This falls right under the Kit Customization threads that have been well-discussed here on the forums. Please feel free to spark them up some more with your additional thoughts and suggestions if you feel there is perspective lacking.

I will merge this thread onto the previous ones for organizational purposes, but feel free to keep the discussion alive, and welcome to the foums ! :)

actually i think kit "customization" (for lack of a better word) would cool if it reflected "irl" to a sufficient degree, this means though it would not be like Insurgency and would be rather limited. i think current Squad/PR kit "customization" (iron sights or acog; AK or G3; etc) is just about perfect for weapons, but the option for body armor or not for an insurgent cell leader (with speed cost, balance ofc); grenades or extra mags for insurgent fighters, etc. would be really cool and fun. 

on a side note, do different AK but-stocks fire differently in terms of handling in any meaningful way that could/should be Squad (one day i know)?

gunfire_el_akm_review.jpg

No to weapon customisation.

Yes to a decent list of options when choosing a particular weapon.

for example:

choose an M4, with 1 of 3 different sighting arrangements (Ironsights, up to fancy optical sights), and depending on the type of sight, under-barrel-noobtube included.

choose an MP5, with or without a silencer.

choose a pistol, with or without a basic laser dot pointer.

i think there should also be a limited choice of ammunition changes per weapon, suitable for that weapon: soft points, metal jacketed, armour piercing.

ie: normally-seen-in-games arrangements for these weapons, but with fixed choices.

on a side note, do different AK but-stocks fire differently in terms of handling in any meaningful way that could/should be Squad (one day i know)?

No, the purpose of the folding stock is to be able to make the gun more compact for storage or maneuvering in tight spaces, like the inside of a transport. Otherwise, it is a mere matter of comfort. Wire stocks are not very pleasant to rest your cheek on. With the stock open it makes the rifle behave no differently than one with a traditional stock.

As a grunt, this is my opinion.

Customization is something I asked around, and the forum is gone then mods give me this link.

I could say it might be good. If we have no self-customization for individual guns, at least at the start/ in planning room in each game.

We might have to organize/manage guns in our team/squads. Limit optics/accessories/guns per role per squad per team might be a good point, I don't know. Thanks.

In my opinion, things like unlockable or purchasable weapons 'skins' are a poor idea as it veers from a more realistic feeling game environment. This is also seen in the new Tom Clancy's: Seige.

i'd love to see some sort of "qualification system" which allows certain players with, let's say certain credits to be favored when picking up a role.

if someone is, let's say a good marksman he should be able to claim the marksman role and not being forced to play as machine gunner, just because someone else

has picked up the marksman role. i see this quite often and most of the time people can't "handle" the role.

I dont know if this already has been posted, but i'd like to decide what brightness of the dot to use on the Aimpoints. Imo the recoil is slightly too "powerful" (for most of the guns ive tried), when walking the sights move around too much imo..

Sniper rifles for the US, scopes with variable magnification, calibers to look into= .338 Lapua Magnum, .308w.

Rifles i'd like too see, any M24 in 308w or 338LM, DMRs..

Shotguns would be cool too, both with slugs and buckshot. Remington 870 or Mossberg 590A1.

I've commented it a bit in other threads and so I'll finally comment it here in the proper thread:

I say absolutely not to the massive, wide array of customization available in games like Insurgency. That being said, I do believe that some attachments should be added in game for function; stuff like flashlights and IR lasers (assuming that NODs are coming) would be a great edition to the game. 

Most of all, I do believe any kind of customization should be true to what the militaries use: for example, currently in game the US Army uses the Comp M4 red dot. However, the U.S. military (at least for now) also issues a multitude of EOTech sights. Now, I personally hate EOTechs, but some people enjoy the wider field of view, the reticle, and the clear glass over the classic Aimpoint dot and tinted glass. I believe that in that case there should be a choice (though I understand it's not necessary nor is it something the devs should focus on. Personally I also think that what Aimpoint/EOTech you get should be customized. The reason for this is that in the US Military all Aimpoint COMP optics are just called the M68CCO. So if you're lucky, you'll get a top of the line M4 or M4S, but if you're unlucky you could also end up with a Comp M1, M2, or M3, or even a PRO. 

For the most part these changes would be nothing more than visual (slightly different tints to the glass, different shapes on the optic), but I think that it would be something fun, kind of like being able to switch between the AKM or the AKMS in Project Reality (or, from what I understand, that will be randomized in Squad?)

Optics and scopes should be allowed in any class for the US and Russia. The US should have the options between the M68, TA01 or M150 ACOGs. The Russians should have the KASHSTAN, PGO-7,1P63 Obzor optics. (Perhaps the PSO-1 for someone on a budget) The Russian military doesn't issue scopes as much as the US, however Russian soldiers often buy their own optics that are compatible with warsaw pact rails.

A good trade off would be the insurgents and rebels don't have options for optics, but get more diverse selections for rifles and machineguns. It would be fitting for weapons like the FN-FAL,G3,M16A2 and StG 44 (of course while including the AKM/AK-74 and perhaps the AKS-74u and AMD-65) being selectable for riflemen in the OPFOR groups. While the M249,FN-MAG/M240 and PKM are options for the automatic riflemen.

In Project Reality you can pick a "alternate" version of a kit which are usually either a different weapon or choosing between a 4x optic or none/1x. How about instead of picking a "alt" version, you can change the weapon and choose to change the optic or not?

This kind of thing skirts the edge of realism and fun/coolness. Is it pretty cool to have some customization in a video game? Absolutely.

Would it be realistic to be able to choose different sights for your weapon (for the average grunt)? Not really.

Like most things with a game like this I feel like finding some middle ground would be the best bet. Being able to choose between weapons such as a M4 M203 vs a M32 with a pistol carry would be pretty cool and not break realism.

It is also worth noting that in reality, as many other vets can confirm, the kind of weapons and attachments a unit might have may depend HEAVILY on the unit commander. Even if the mission of said unit is the exact same as other units that have a more strict SOP/TO in place. That fact could allow for some wiggle room. I have a few good examples that come to mind.

Just some simple things:

- foregrip for rifleman (regulars);

- ammo bag for rifleman;

- various ammo for rocket launcher (OG7V, Tandem, PG7V, etc.);

- various guns for marksman (suppressed SR-20, VSS, etc.);

- various ammo for small guns (AP, FMJ);

- more than 1 hand grenade.

DICE made mistake when give people a lot of red dots and scopes. Please, take care authencity.

It would be worthwhile to consolidate 3 different "rifleman" loadouts into 1 rifleman loadout with some slight customization (a choice of weapon, currently the only distinguishing difference between those classes).

Same for the 2 "automatic rifleman" kits, could be consolidated into one "automatic rifleman" class with a choice of weapon. (For example, a dropdown, with an indicator of the squad limit (0/1), greyed out when it's already taken (1/1).

Same for 2 different squad leader kits and 2 different grenadier kits.

Aside from weapon, some choice for frag/smoke grenades/ammo/bandages would be nice as well.

And light sabres. The ultimate melee weapon.

It would be worthwhile to consolidate 3 different "rifleman" loadouts into 1 rifleman loadout with some slight customization (a choice of weapon, currently the only distinguishing difference between those classes).

Same for the 2 "automatic rifleman" kits, could be consolidated into one "automatic rifleman" class with a choice of weapon. (For example, a dropdown, with an indicator of the squad limit (0/1), greyed out when it's already taken (1/1).

Same for 2 different squad leader kits and 2 different grenadier kits.

Aside from weapon, some choice for frag/smoke grenades/ammo/bandages would be nice as well.

And light sabres. The ultimate melee weapon.

Of course, it should be various presets.