PanterA

More guns and being able to change equipment

I think minimal customization of gear would be somewhat cool, but not for serious gameplay changes. Just for personal identification of squadmates and friends. There are other ways to do that though. Weapon customization is a no-no unless it's extremely minimal like it was in PR (Ex: the choice between medium and close range optics).

yeah i believe the customisation should be very limited but not completely restricted for example if its an evening fight you could have flash suppressors/suppressors and torch's for and laser for the NATO forces or like the addition of bi-pods being an option for marksman class whether its improvised in the Taliban forces or a fore-grip bi-pod that you would find on an m4a1 or 249 i'd at least like an option for holo's or acog's. 

But what i need to know is if the bravo is coming and if i can have ammo sacks or loose belts or option between the two.

Why give the standard soldier a suppressor?, I understand a flash light. I think the only thing they should add is a choice between holo and acog and thats it.

If they did drop "weapon customization," they should have as Insurgency has it. Points based on Class and loadout.

1886670033.jpg

At least not Battlefield/CoD weapon customization.

how about Insurgency type of customisation

The devs have mentioned kit customization on the kickstarter page, so I'm certain that they're taking it into consideration. This thread is asking for something already in Santa's workshop.

What I would personally like to see as far as customization goes would probably be the alternate versions of kits and their mix-match of items.

Scope/ironsights/backup sight

Colored/gray smoke

Mines/IEDs/trip wire

Explosive/thermite

Tracer/non-tracer

As far as optics go, being able to have your own optics is nice, but it's really not a necessity.

This game does't need customizable weapons like bf4. First the dev team is small and it will take ages for them to make the models and skin them.Secondly its just a waste of there time cause every attachment  they make is more time there not making the game better or fixing bugs. Just look a bf4 launch, they had to many weapons and attachments that caused most of the weapons to be over powered and not balanced 

This game does't need customizable weapons like bf4. First the dev team is small and it will take ages for them to make the models and skin them.Secondly its just a waste of there time cause every attachment  they make is more time there not making the game better or fixing bugs. Just look a bf4 launch, they had to many weapons and attachments that caused most of the weapons to be over powered and not balanced 

There's really nobody asking for customizable weapons like bf4, and if you weren't aware, customizable weapons/kits was a Kickstarter stretch goal. The devs understand that this is a concept lots of people are interested in.

There's really nobody asking for customizable weapons like bf4, and if you weren't aware, customizable weapons/kits was a Kickstarter stretch goal. The devs understand that this is a concept lots of people are interested in.

im just saying that making models for the attachments costs money and takes alot of time as im in that industry as a 3d modeler for a big animation firm. making 3d models for attchments like red dots sights or bipods i don't mind i just don't want it to go over bored with attchments  that don't realy work good in game like laser sights and silly skins

im just saying that making models for the attachments costs money and takes alot of time as im in that industry as a 3d modeler for a big animation firm. making 3d models for attchments like red dots sights or bipods i don't mind i just don't want it to go over bored with attchments  that don't realy work good in game like laser sights and silly skins

I have faith that the devs also understand this and kit customization, if implemented, will stay realistic and still enjoyable.

i would realy like if you could implement kit custumisation, like different weapons , loadouts, etc. Ex: battlefield

And weapons custumisation like attachements, bullets types, stocks, forgrips , bipod, etc.

Mayby having New(stock),Slightly Used(slightly scratched),Used(scratches and light dust),Veteran(More scratches and dust),BattleHero(Pieces missing, Scratches,Tape and Loaded with Dust).

Does sound good. As long as there is no like Pink Tiger stripe Camo and the lot, cause thats what all of you are thinking when it comes to Camo.

Also,Having the option to just Remove Optics would be nice,not all of us like scopes~

Tell me you wouldnt want Stock black gun over this!

779935.jpg

There is one thing that is worrying me due to colour blindness issues.

Will I have the option to NOT have an optic if I dont want one, or are they fixed with specific classes/roles? Normally I play most games with iron sights depending on the actual role I'm playing (Support or rifleman).

Forgive me if my naming of the sights is incorrect but the Reflex/RDS red dot style sights do not work for me in games at all and the ACOG 4X etc are too magnified for a lot of the situations I get myself into. I have looked through a Reflex/RDS in real life and it worked fine so it must be something to do with the way monitors render the colours that makes it unusable in a game? They seem to lack that brightness or something I just can't put my finger on it exactly.

So would the option to be able to remove your scope be considered too much customisation?

I like the idea of limited choices. Pick your class, use your kit. Job done. To address colourblind issues, there needs to be a couple of settings(I recall there being 2 main types of colourblind?). These settings should just make adjustments to the map detail colour, HUD, and possibility illuminated reticles. After that,most people should be on reasonably even playing grounds.

And as others have said;

1) the only time you get to really customise kit is when you're SF. Aussie SAS pretty much get what they want.

2) pink, zebra, tiger, gold plated camos and skins are the worst. It makes me cringe with every game that implements these types of gimmicks.

And as others have said;

1) the only time you get to really customise kit is when you're SF. Aussie SAS pretty much get what they want.

2) pink, zebra, tiger, gold plated camos and skins are the worst. It makes me cringe with every game that implements these types of gimmicks.

1. SF most likely wont even make it into the base game (mods are a different story)

2. this will never, ever happen in the base game.

so there's nothing to fear :)

1. SF most likely wont even make it into the base game (mods are a different story)

2. this will never, ever happen in the base game.

so there's nothing to fear :)

Good stuff. I like the direction this game is pointing.

Good stuff. I like the direction this game is pointing.

They do Indeed Sir!...They have military support who give our developers input and most important is they're all gamers...So we have the technical stuff and the Fun stuff!

Marriage made in Heaven!...

Man you guys are worse than the ARMA crew on reddit.

Just because this game is 'realistic' doesn't mean you should shit on all ideas that you disagree with.

Just because this game is 'realistic' doesn't mean you should shit on all ideas that you disagree with.

That's a negative,end of the day,the Developers will make the final decision...Sirr!.. :P

have you played Project Reality?

I wouldn't say I am shitting on ideas I disagree with. I am, however, stating my personal opinion that having a squad mate with a pink zebra turban and a gold ak when we're trying to sneak through some scrub would be less than ideal. Something I strongly dislike, but I can see it's popularity in more casual based games. But I would much rather it stay in cod. I was sad to see it come to bf4.

I think the reddit community as a whole struggle to understand that people are entitled to their own thoughts and opinions, and instantly dislike people for their alternative views. It's not the case here, we just have different views. ...but I'm right. Haha. ;)

I wouldn't say I am shitting on ideas I disagree with. I am, however, stating my personal opinion that having a squad mate with a pink zebra turban and a gold ak when we're trying to sneak through some scrub would be less than ideal. Something I strongly dislike, but I can see it's popularity in more casual based games. But I would much rather it stay in cod. I was sad to see it come to bf4.

I think the reddit community as a whole struggle to understand that people are entitled to their own thoughts and opinions, and instantly dislike people for their alternative views. It's not the case here, we just have different views. ...but I'm right. Haha. ;)

*annoying reddit user voice*

ugh, where's the downvote button? ughhhhh

/sarcasm

have you played Project Reality?

For 10 years.

Since the original minimod when it was nothing more than a glorified HC mode(but a very good glorified HC mode).