MuffriDer

A haven for those casuals

31 members have voted

1. 1. How far out should be put this off?

• This is a great solution! Soon sounds nice!
    • Eh...maybe after the fastropes?
    • Never is too soon.
    • My comment will guide you to the light.

I know there is going to be yIzkLbw.jpg?2 a witch hunt of sorts about this idea, be that as it may:

This is fairly genuine concept no matter how sillily (silly-ly) it may be presented.

---

One of the banes of a community that needs to maintain its standards is players that don't respect what people are trying to build, as far as making the game what it should be. There is a possible use for them, though.

Before you complain that we should be changing the world with love teaching them to play, I'm going to be referring to the guys who continuously like to spam mumble, wander around on their own with their group of friends, having too much fun for the serious minded. They want to play, but they don't want to be dragged into all the squad/teamwork/communicate/etc. world that we know and appreciate.

They've been shooting shit up at main, not listening to the admins, spamming, stealing assets, and just being happy tards. The admin is pretty much ready to kick them off the server.

But there is one more place for them. The land of exile, but not cut off from the world.
HssVM7b.png?2 A paradise some could call "Port Royal", where all thieving cut-throats could co-exist in the underworld of "casual gaming".

---

"What is it?"

It's a third faction that is not part of the main battle (outlaws, partisans, anarchists).

A faction with:

• no laws
  • no restrictions
  • no enforced squads
  • no commander
  • no victory/loss
  • no real weapons of value (Imagine if I had a real weapon!)
  • no objectives
  • no saving grace (Admins won't hear your cries... Really, they won't. The admin has kicked you, but get to play where you won't do much damage until someone needs your spot on the server.)
  • infamous reputation
  • no real assets of value
  • precedence for auto-kick in case of a full server
  • auto-admined (5 tks, afk, making room for a new player on full server, etc. = kick)

"That's just wrong on so many levels!"

I know that, but would you rather them be in your squad, or team? They don't want to listen or learn or are not in the mood.
You would rather kick them, yes? A sensible admin would have kicked them long ago.

But they are there, they did show up, they did bring their friends, they are probably drunk or reeeaallly high on something (oregano, we know...).

Why not let them populate the server? They can be auto-kicked if the server needs to make room for players.

"Is it worth the time?"

No! At least not in ANY alpha, beta, or early-access stages.

"Will it benefit us in any way?"

It will save the serious players from the pain of dealing with them, and still allow those casuals to have some fun. "I wanna play, but just want to chill, find people to kill, and not be policed to death."

"What do they get, considering the list you presented above seems to take everything away?"

• a few crappy rifle options
  • a grenade
  • pink smoke
  • a knife
  • a few patches
  • CP radio deployable (which actually plays Nyan Cat, and Narwhals [anything destroys it]). It can't be used for spawns but may not be deployed close to another.
  • a militia/insurgent kit (depending on the OPFOR so there'no confusion.)

"What if they bother us serious players?"

Kill them. You're doing us all a favor.

"Why did you bother suggesting this?"

Because I know that sometimes you want to be in the action, but you're too damn drunk to be useful. Think of this as the "Recycle Bin" before actually getting removed from the harddrive. Kicks get sent to the Recycle Bin until the server is full.

why buy a game that is team/squad oriented and not play that way? dickheads will be kicked or banned and were better off without them then to have them all in the one team/server playing with each other

y6ghqOB.jpg

Because I know that sometimes you want to be in the action, but you're too damn drunk to be useful.

This is a lie, last week i was off my face and still able to function well enough to be helpful to my squad....... hey @rossy & @bazza!! ;)

How is this even supposed to work implementation-wise? Will the Outlaw faction exist in every single setting? Will the dev team have to create a bunch of assets for them? Will every mapper now be obligated to accommodate for this faction by giving them a main base? Why is this necessary when we can already kick players from a server?

"Is it worth the time?"

No. at least not in ANY alpha, beta, or early-access stages.

It would never be worth the time, ever. This is a silly idea, why did you post it?

How is this even supposed to work implementation-wise? Will the Outlaw faction exist in every single setting? Will the dev team have to create a bunch of assets for them? Will every mapper now be obligated to accommodate for this faction by giving them a main base?

The mapper would basically give them a spawn point and that's it.

They would have already existing insurgent weapons, but preferably the less powerful options. Beyond a change in smoke color and the fact that their CP radio (which doesn't work for spawns) plays silly songs, no extra effort.

There would be a little extra admin scripting for the auto-admining and to suppress reports from that faction.

This is a silly idea, why did you post it?

Of course it is a silly idea, but why not give them a little breathing space? At least they populate servers. If there is no more room on the server for them, the server just tells them that there is no room for that faction available at the moment and kicks. I'm sure player shits and giggles has its place. It just shouldn't make the serious-minded have to suffer.

I could see having some sort of anarchy mod, where people could do whatever. Team up, build stuff, knife each other in the back, have at it. I'm not sure who would pony up the dough to host a server with it however.

Not a faction in game though, where people were trying to actually play.

IRL, people occasionally need to break the stress, goof off, and horse around. If the kids get too noisy they get kicked. That makes them get all sullen and vindictive.

If they got sent to this Recycle Bin faction, they are pretty much kicked, but they still get to be on the server until someone needs a spot on the server. They have been impeded from further hindering the guys who are playing seriously.

No. This is not a game mod. Just the land of exile, waiting to be kicked as people join. They can still go around and do stuff, but the hinderance has been squelched for the most part.

Server stays full, players stop complaining, and the guy who's bored of intense squad maneuvers can stay in until someone takes his place on the server.

IRL, people occasionally need to break the stress, goof off, and horse around.

that's what the rest of the 300+ games in your Steam library are for

Why buy a game that is team/squad oriented and not play that way? Dickheads will be kicked or banned and were better off without them then to have them all in the one team/server playing with each other.

No, they are not a faction to war against. They are just there to get shot at. They might be able to shoot at you, but they'll be alone, have no easy point of return, have no vehicles or assets. Basically they are in limbo waiting to be replaced by a serious player, but they can still have a bit of fun.

It's a message: If you don't want to cooperate with the team, see what it's like to be a real lone wolf. Then they get kicked when someone needs their spot.

They'll probably leave of their own accord after a bit.

this reminds me of "non-combatant" role.  

Bring some zip ties!!!  and don't get stoned to death!

could also bring back the "skirmish" mode....and just kick the retards from your squad...

Alternative suggestion. Just turn people you kick into cows and spawn them in the middle of nowhere.

That made me laugh too much. :DD

Alternative suggestion. Just turn people you kick into cows and spawn them in the middle of nowhere.

OMG!  haha!   GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTS. they get to control the goat once polymorphed...not cow...and if soldiers kill a goat, gives your squad a stamina bonus!  

If you become a goat,  you CAN NOT respawn.......till the next round

OMG!  haha!   GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTS.

it honestly wasn't that funny

Donkeys maybe? Historically known as Asses? I like the idea.

The game is "Squad". A teamwork based shooting experience.

I think the haven for people not interested in teamwork or objective play is the single-player shooting-range or better yet, a different game.

Theres nothing wrong with feeling anti-social. There is something wrong with forcing your disinterest on other people. For Squad to foster the environment for such would seem to invite something of an identity crisis, two fundamentally opposed play mentalities, into the same game. There are plenty of other venues that allow solo FPS mayhem. Let them go there.

Thats my personal opinion on the matter.

it honestly wasn't that funny

be on tower guard for 12 hours at a time and watch the local goat/ass(donkey)fuckers,,,,,,then tell me you dont find humour in that

I heard a legend saying that there will be server admins witch can control bad behavior on servers and eventually kick players witch are griefing.

No, no, no, no, no!

Imagine a nicely planned assault on a CP against a nicely organized defense and in-between a bunch of headless chickens running around shooting their rifles and throwing grenades. Not a pretty sight. It just breaks the immersion for everyone.

Later edit: after reading the goat/donkey comments I came up with another idea. What if the banned player isn't immediately banned but instead stripped of all gear and clothing (left with only his panties) and given a water pistol? Then banned from the server 30 seconds later. As punishment.

I'm sorry, but the donkey/goat idea is solid gold. When they left click they bray/bah, right click they poop. I think I remember seeing a topic like this on the PR forums somewhere. Moving on....

---

Before people think I'm crazy and they go bananas themselves, the whole concept is certainly over the top, but it is a topic to be discussed nevertheless -- a topic that I had been mulling over in regards to how to deal with them "too casual" types. When admins are trying to populate, yes, but also because they do deserve a play somewhere, even if it isn't with the conservative crowd.

Before people think I'm crazy and go bananas -- sure, the whole concept is over the top, but it is a suggestion nevertheless. A suggestion that I had been mulling over in regards to how to deal with them "too casual" types. When admins are trying to populate, yes, but also because they do deserve a play somewhere, even if it isn't with the conservative crowd.

Then they should find another game to play, simple as that. The same way we "more hardcore" players need to find more difficult/immersive games to enjoy, the same should be true for casuals. Or is squad aiming for the 5-90 year old casual and hardcore demographic?

Once the second SL kicks you from their squad, you're turned into an ass for the rest of the round. They'd then likely just leave. This would take care of the idiots if there's no admins around and if kick voting is not effective. Which, it usually isn't.