MuffriDer

RAM is pretty important for smooth performance.

I just upgraded to 8GB RAM from 4GB (Win10) and it makes a big difference.

Without it my HDD would be working over-time to keep up with loading the terrain and not really able to keep up.

I'd say performance improved 30%.

I just upgraded to 8GB RAM from 4GB (Win10) and it makes a bit difference.

Without it my HDD would be working over-time to keep up with loading the terrain and not really able to keep up.

Yeah 4 GB is too low for playing games, but I don't think that over 8 GB will make a difference

I'm going for 16GB!. :P

Good choice, but I've never been able to go over 10.5 GB of ram used even with momentum cache enabled and editing with Vegas pro 13. 12 GB is more than enough especially if you don't do multitasking

Good choice, but I've never been able to go over 10.5 GB of ram used even with momentum cache enabled and editing with Vegas pro 13. 12 GB is more than enough especially if you don't do multitasking

You just don't have enough programs running

toomanywindows.jpg

Holly. ********

Hot much ram was used?

Haha I don't know. I just found that picture on the Internet

Haha I don't know. I just found that picture on the Internet

Ah ok, i thought it was a screen you've taken on your Mac :)

Ah ok, i thought it was a screen you've taken on your Mac :)

Heck no! Macs are evil! Although I do have an iPhone

Heck no! Macs are evil! Although I do have an iPhone

Same here, I prefer Microsoft for computer but I have an iPad and iPhone, only the apple product I buy

Hey Macs are not evil.

I use a Windows computer for work. When I want to wait four seconds for apps to load and lists to populate, I use Windows. :(

Upgrade to an SSD, now that I have one in my new gaming PC I could never ever go back to a reg. hard drive. Makes a world of difference especially if you put windows installation on it and then the games you play 

Upgrade to an SSD, now that I have one in my new gaming PC I could never ever go back to a reg. hard drive. Makes a world of difference especially if you put windows installation on it and then the games you play

Couldn't agreed more :)

True dat...But I like mine as *coughs* sweet 16!. ;)

I just upgraded to 8GB RAM from 4GB (Win10) and it makes a big difference.

Here is a recent article that backs that up. It seems like 8GB is the sweet spot for most people.

http://www.techspot.com/article/1043-8gb-vs-16gb-ram/

Overall, we see 8GB as the standard right now which is why we recommend it throughout our PC Buying Guide, from the Budget Box to the Enthusiast's PC, while 16GB of RAM is only essential for specific high-demand scenarios.

SSDs expire quickly :(

That's a myth.

There are certain things that operating systems do by default that is bad for SSD's but most SSD software lets you disable those features such as indexing, page filing, RAM disk, Etc and thereby extend the life of the drive.

I've got 8GB of RAM and am considering going to 16. Anyone else do this and see a noticeable difference in Squad or other current games?

There are certain things that operating systems do by default that is bad for SSD's but most SSD software lets you disable those features such as indexing, page filing, RAM disk, Etc and thereby extend the life of the drive.

Correct most récent ssd has a trim feature and crucial and Samsung has a momentum cache ( avoid continuous data to be written on the SSD )

I've got 8GB of RAM and am considering going to 16. Anyone else do this and see a noticeable difference in Squad or other current games?

There will be absolutely no difference in pretty much any game. Click the link that was above ^ The jump from 8 to 16 barely does anything for most benchmarks. Also, anything high clocked than 1866 is a waste since that is the same case. Money suck, really.

There will be absolutely no difference in pretty much any game. Click the link that was above ^ The jump from 8 to 16 barely does anything for most benchmarks. Also, anything high clocked than 1866 is a waste since that is the same case. Money suck, really.

It could have some serious FPS différence from 1333 MHz and 3100mhz though