GoodbyeDrJones

Where is everyone?

I signed on this evening to find the servers looking a bit bare. Saturday night had maybe 20 people at most playing. Not since the first week did I see a server be more than 40 deep. I know that there are time differences, but after 5 weeks, I'd hoped there would be more people rather than less playing and helping to make the server and game experience better. I'd love to see us get a 100 man server going, but is that too much to ask?

Ill see you all on Friday night and Saturday (Pacific)

-GDJ

ghosttown.jpg

Hm. You missed a time :) I had amazing games with 60 players :) yeah at this moment massive fps drop but it at goood way to have PR standard :) 

A guess when it will be acceseble for more players after 2-3 more weeks it will be better :) 

Well its been accessible for 5 weeks now. This weekends was great for server stability and my fps is always above 60. I just imagined that since ot only available on the weekends, we would see more people playing consistently.

geek or not week-end is week-end i think it would be nice to extend the test server during an entire week ;)

geek or not week-end is week-end i think it would be nice to extend the test server during an entire week ;)

Yeah it would be good,firstly they gonna fix all this nasty bugs and server issues,then it be, good to go!. :)

I think the pattern is we have big server populations on day one because everyone is interested in testing out the latest build, but then they realize not much has changed and get busy doing other things. Friday was pretty packed and then the last two slowed down just like the past few weeks. 

I can't speak for the other Australians and New Zealanders on the forum but while I could cope with the high ping to the high pop servers in EU/US for the first few weekends, it is becoming a bit of a buzzkill.

Now one of the biggest factors in whether I play or not is whether there's enough Aus/NZ players on to play a match that's more than 3v3, and except for the first couple of weekends there's not been much activity on the Sydney server that I've noticed (when it's been up). Hoping that when the next Alpha phase comes in that this problem will disappear.

Like I said in a similar post, not all of the backers have quite as much free time as others. That may be especially true for some of the higher backers such as commander and ranger. Personally, I'm lucky to get 2-3 hours a week to play. Work and family life come first. Getting old sucks.

I signed on this evening to find the servers looking a bit bare. Saturday night had maybe 20 people at most playing. Not since the first week did I see a server be more than 40 deep. I know that there are time differences, but after 5 weeks, I'd hoped there would be more people rather than less playing and helping to make the server and game experience better. I'd love to see us get a 100 man server going, but is that too much to ask?

Ill see you all on Friday night and Saturday (Pacific)

-GDJ

Well even though the game has been out 5 weeks, its not like it has been opened up to the other backers yet.   So you still have the same pool of people , who most likely have more pressing things to attend to on the weekends. Most of the people I play with game during the week and pile up their family stuff and to-do list for the weekend 

Don't forget, same topic has been discussed here, and is discussed every week, again and again. I can't even be bothered to reply. Oppps, I am replying. I better stop typing. :lol:

Patience, guys, we are in for the long run, if you have the breath to stick with Squad for the next 1-2 years. Don't overrate a trend that lasted for a few weeks now. Oh wait, the entire Closed Pre-Alpha is only a few weeks old.

I better stop typing...

Edit: I am back. I can't help but to also point out another thread with almost the exact same title as this one. Guess what happened to that thread: locked. :D

With such limited content (which we acknowledge), it was bound to happen. Rest assured we are working on content and features.

The content is just fine when it comes to weapons, maps, bases and so on. What would be nice though is new gamemodes. The gameplay at the moment is just endless and continual ambushing and getting ambushed 10-30 seconds after every spawn and squads rushing back and forth between capzones. Of course some will say that you're going to have more fun and be more successful if you use teamwork and communication but that applies to every game, doesn't it?

This pre-alpha needs a good ol' defence and attack gamemode, where one team only attacks and the other only defends. Then the defending team will be more focused on building bases and fortifying positions and the attacking team can focus on organized attacks instead of being worried of back-capping, and perhaps build some FOBs for forward spawns that the defending team can try to take out in counter-attacks and so on. It would be maybe more immersive and realistic aswell. These are just my thoughts, I don't mean to complain.

That is definitely an interesting idea, but a bit off topic. You Should post that in the 'Suggestions' page. How knows, maybe they are doing something like that, but it doesnt really seem like that is what the game is about, not at this stage anyways.

The content is just fine when it comes to weapons, maps, bases and so on. What would be nice though is new gamemodes. The gameplay at the moment is just endless and continual ambushing and getting ambushed 10-30 seconds after every spawn and squads rushing back and forth between capzones. Of course some will say that you're going to have more fun and be more successful if you use teamwork and communication but that applies to every game, doesn't it?

This pre-alpha needs a good ol' defence and attack gamemode, where one team only attacks and the other only defends. Then the defending team will be more focused on building bases and fortifying positions and the attacking team can focus on organized attacks instead of being worried of back-capping, and perhaps build some FOBs for forward spawns that the defending team can try to take out in counter-attacks and so on. It would be maybe more immersive and realistic aswell. These are just my thoughts, I don't mean to complain.

I like FOB defence. Can be hugely intense.

TBH, I have not downloaded version 6 and haven't played much since v1 pre alpha.

Its not because I dont want to play, and I am sure if the maps where a lot smaller to compensate (during the pre alpha) I would be playing, but currently with these big wide open maps and players forced to run everywhere without transportation it's kinda boring and monotonous.

:)

That is definitely a good point, and one that will be remedied shortly. But the point of the Pre-Alpha is to help the dev team build a better game and help to improve the experience. I assume there are a lot of people that are doing the same thing you are, but sadly its not helping anyone and you really are missing out on some epic fun. Yes you have to run to get somewhere, but that is all apart of the strategy in an infantry only game mode atm. I honestly don't understand why your forum profile has all this "founder, squad supporter, donor" tags when you aren't really helping to make the game better. Yes money helps, but the community suffers from the lack of time in game.

I got tired of feeling like I was the only one asking people in my community if they were interested in playing together. Plus the people that abused the team switching exploit ruined the whole "lets get some friends together and hop on the same team and play" thing.

I think ultimately that may have done more bad than good overall, seeing as how it wasn't hard to get a group of like 5-6 people together and play on the same team, especially since server populations weren't constantly full everywhere. And having that many people join at once certainly didn't work against encouraging other people to hop on a server when they saw it was becoming populated.

I wish shitty people wouldn't ruin things for everybody else.

I got tired of feeling like I was the only one asking people in my community if they were interested in playing together. Plus the people that abused the team switching exploit ruined the whole "lets get some friends together and hop on the same team and play" thing.

I think ultimately that may have done more bad than good overall, seeing as how it wasn't hard to get a group of like 5-6 people together and play on the same team, especially since server populations weren't constantly full everywhere. And having that many people join at once certainly didn't work against encouraging other people to hop on a server when they saw it was becoming populated.

I wish shitty people wouldn't ruin things for everybody else.

I think the biggest Problem right now is, that there is no revival and no vehicles yet, so teamplay is a bit hard right now. (Always having to run back to your squad....)

If those stuff is in teamplay will rise I think and you can always hit me up if you want someone to play with, I just wont do squad lead as of now... I rather take orders then give em :3