zackxoxo

Will Squad be going on sale for Black Friday?

Posted (edited)

Hey guys. I've recently been looking into buying Squad if it goes on sale for Black Friday. That being said, I am also very interested in buying Verdun and Red Orchestra. I've played about 3 hours of Project Reality and I can honestly say I have no clue what's going on and I am not very good. (I realize I probably haven't put enough hours in)

Should I buy Squad? Is it easier/better than PR? As a poor college student, I don't have the funds to buy all three, so I'm looking to only get one or two of the games I listed. Just looking for your expert opinion.

Thanks!

my issue has been solved!!

10.0.0.0.1 192.168.1.254 happymod 

Edited by zackxoxo

Posted (edited)

Firstly try getting a job!!

then buy squad, don’t wait for sales get it asap because every second not on squad is a second wasted!! Then get gud, get really gud because if I’m on the other side you’re going to catch a bad case of dead many many times 

yeah 3 hours in pr isn’t anything!! 

It’ll take you 20 hours of clueless running around then another 100 to start knowing what’s going on then 300 to 500 to start getting good and playing the right moves before they even happen! 500 to 1000 to be up there with the big boyz 1000 to 2000 to master all weapons, vehicles and maps 

some guys are faster some never learn 

Edited by ZXD_Lee

5 hours ago, zackxoxo said:

I've played about 3 hours of Project Reality and I can honestly say I have no clue what's going on and I am not very good. (I realize I probably haven't put enough hours in)

Should I buy Squad? Is it easier/better than PR?

Play PR for a while longer, get to know the game and maybe after a few years, you will want to buy Squad.

I'd say squad has more playtime than Verdun and Red Orchestra combined. Verdun added a ton of bots into their online matchmaking, all I match against are bots now. Red Orchestra is fun but I have issues finding a match sometimes, maybe it's just me but I think it's on its way out. Squad is a lot of fun to learn and feel very rewarding when you slowly start getting better and pick up tips and tricks. I'd pick it up whenever it goes on sale, it offers a lot of hours of fun.

9 hours ago, zackxoxo said:

Hey guys. I've recently been looking into buying Squad if it goes on sale for Black Friday. That being said, I am also very interested in buying Verdun and Red Orchestra. I've played about 3 hours of Project Reality and I can honestly say I have no clue what's going on and I am not very good. (I realize I probably haven't put enough hours in)

Should I buy Squad? Is it easier/better than PR? As a poor college student, I don't have the funds to buy all three, so I'm looking to only get one or two of the games I listed. Just looking for your expert opinion.

Thanks!

First off, what are your system specs? That criteria needs to be established right away.

11 hours ago, zackxoxo said:

Thanks!

Just play PR.

Read the manual and realize how much deeper PR gameplay is, especially for Insurgency mode.

2 hours ago, EcchiRevenge said:

Just play PR.

Read the manual and realize how much deeper PR gameplay is, especially for Insurgency mode.

wow, I totally forgotten there is a insurgency mode in Squad, is it still broken?

havent seen it in two years I think

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, EA_SUCKS said:

wow, I totally forgotten there is a insurgency mode in Squad, is it still broken?

havent seen it in two years I think

It's less fun than what it used to be(with civilians having ability to throw rocks and shovel up SPG-9s without being within ROE, and being able to die a martyr while within 20m radius of armed insurgents).

But trolling potential is still there(civi stack on ladders, human shields - with care for 20m radius...etc.)

Also, RKG-3 actually works in that game(and you get two, to cripple blufor APCs from behind).

There is a lot more fun to be had in PR than in Squad.

Edited by EcchiRevenge

10 hours ago, ZXD_Lee said:

Firstly try getting a job!!

kinda hard with the supernatural virus going around :P