Shrill Eazy

Dual Rendered Scopes

Posted (edited)

Dual rendered scopes are in so many other good shooter games but not squad. It adds a new level of realism to any fps game and I would love to see it being implemented into squad in a future update, Thank you.

Edited by Shrill Eazy

19 hours ago, Shrill Eazy said:

Dual rendered scopes are in so many other good shooter games but not squad. It adds a new level of realism to any fps game and I would love to see it being implemented into squad in a future update, Thank you.

Would absolutely love to see that implemented, such a cool feature 

Squad had these in the beginning but I reckon they were removed for performance reasons. I doubt these performance issues won't be a problem again

It would really help to balance optics against ironsights, as higher magnification would actually make it awkard, rather than convinent as of now, to aim at nearby targets.

7 hours ago, fidanym said:

Squad had these in the beginning but I reckon they were removed for performance reasons. I doubt these performance issues won't be a problem again

yes, Squad had it back in 2016 if I remember, but it was removed

9 hours ago, EA_SUCKS said:

Squad had it back in 2016 if I remember, but it was removed

because

On 5/22/2020 at 4:18 PM, EcchiRevenge said:

Performance reasons.

pretty sure its still the reason - something about having to render the scene twice being to costly.

You would of thought those clever sorts at Unreal would of come up with a solution for this in their game engine by now.

They should bring it back.

Both NVidia and AMD have done a lot of work with multiple viewports for things like VR. I'm sure it'd be a lot more performance today than it was in 2016.

They used to be in Squad in Closed Alpha 1.0 as seen here
SQUADALPHA1.thumb.png.98c3cf258d0621b2ddd4cba2017b987c.png
But proved to be too performance intensive for the scale of the game, especially when it came to magnified optics. QA has stated they've done a few tests over the years, to see how dual rendered optics would fare with different versions of the game, but still proved to have a significant performance impact.

Could it be re-implemented in the future? Possibly, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

10 hours ago, Major Trouble said:

You would of thought those clever sorts at Unreal would of come up with a solution for this in their game engine by now.

UE5, we can believe. :P

15 hours ago, EcchiRevenge said:

UE5, we can believe. :P

UE5 is doing far more than just rendering two portions of the players view without rendering the whole view twice. That's a seriously impressive engine but I fear It's going to call for equally impressive hardware, especially vram. It's crazy a scoped view type option isn't already in the game engine. Fps games are one of the most popular genres and Unreal are trying to build the definitive go to game engine. Why wouldn't they have implemented this option already? In light of UE5 tech a scoped view would seemingly be child play for them.

21 hours ago, Major Trouble said:

UE5 is doing far more than just rendering two portions of the players view without rendering the whole view twice. That's a seriously impressive engine but I fear It's going to call for equally impressive hardware, especially vram. It's crazy a scoped view type option isn't already in the game engine. Fps games are one of the most popular genres and Unreal are trying to build the definitive go to game engine. Why wouldn't they have implemented this option already? In light of UE5 tech a scoped view would seemingly be child play for them.

Squad is already doing things that UE4 was never meant to do.

On 5/24/2020 at 9:36 PM, Major Trouble said:

It's crazy a scoped view type option isn't already in the game engine. Fps games are one of the most popular genres and Unreal are trying to build the definitive go to game engine. Why wouldn't they have implemented this option already?

+1

Delta Force Land Warrior had pip scopes back in 2001.

Yes, it uses far too much resources. But it looks nice when you have high fps otherwise sluggish and not usable.

It is possible to render just a small square in the center of the screen instead, but it will require rewriting parts of the engine, but possible.