Sign in to follow this  
Deserted_Goat

Moving on from the AK 74 to greener pastures (AK-12) for the Russians.

Posted (edited)

Love Squad but tired of the AK 74, same damage as the M4 series but shoots so much slower in CQB lol, lose to a C8 2 second mag dump the majority of the time. Need to move on from them like the actual Russian military did, AK-12s (5.45) and AK-15s (7.62) are so much better, are realistic (are the current standard rifles for the Russian Armed Forces since 2018), and would balance out the game between the "Western" factions and the Russians ... Just a thought.

Edit: Mag Dump not Mag Dumb* 

Edited by Deserted_Goat

I've not seen a single photo of russians in syria where they have the AK12 or AK15, I've only seen the AK74M. I think russia just says it's the standard but many are still not equipped with the new rifles. For now I think it'd be more realistic to keep the AK74M, but the AK12 and AK15 would be cool.

Posted (edited)

Devs haven't made AK-74 look proper yet:

Also, what makes you think devs, who won't make 5.45x39 deal more damage at mid/long ranges(as 5.56x45 relies on velocity for reliable fragmentation), would make 5.45 fired from a different gun do better?  A tiny increase in rate of fire?

Simply rate of fire is not what makes 5.56 so much better at close range.
Check the damage chart; you can hit 1 shot on inner limb + 1 to chest and still down someone.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wx2hNbvcr9g5w14JiamjvqBvnsphkFDGYwnVinFzNfs/edit#gid=0

You can't do that with 5.45 weapons(74U is even worse, having a significant decrease in damage despite not being as velocity-dependent as 5.56).

5.56 is just slightly, and sometimes significantly, better at pretty much everything in this game.
7.62x39 is only going to make it worse due to higher recoil for very little gain.

Edited by EcchiRevenge

On 5/22/2020 at 2:32 AM, TacMac said:

I've not seen a single photo of russians in syria where they have the AK12 or AK15, I've only seen the AK74M. I think russia just says it's the standard but many are still not equipped with the new rifles.

Here you go, Russian soldiers with AK-12 in Syria:
YZ6vhgW5S70.jpg

Now you've seen it. No need to thank me.

Just because they are the standard issue rifle on paper doesn't mean anything. This is Russia that we are talking about. These AK-12's are probably in very low issue. Plus there is almost no difference in an AK-12 to an AK-74M in terms of how it performs. For all that matters they just added a railed dust cover and a bit of new furniture. I can guarantee that there is very little use of AK-12's in your basic Russian Motor Rifle divisions. VDV and special forces maybe but not you generic infantry.