Sign in to follow this  
Tk17771

Radio Suggestion

I had this idea the other night while playing squad leader, why not have the fire team leads be able to hear the command chat but not transmit. This would allow the squad leader to work squad up and the fireteam leaders to control the squad and down and it wouldn't clog the net as much. This way I don't have to relay everything to my whole squad and can focus on talking to a bird or mortars or whatever and my team leads can work the squad more. Any feedback would be appreciated, I'd love to know what others think of this idea.

No.  Players already have too much info. Sometimes a SQL has to 'interpret the truth in a different manner' to his squad.

Anything which could potentially undercut the SQL authority should be avoided, and that includes the possibility of back seat FTL's.

Yeah I gotta say I agree with shaun, FTL shouldn't be in on that chatter. What I'd like to see regarding the radio is fixing the numpad keys to work for all squads so stuff related to a certain squad won't have to be transmitted to all SQLs.

3 hours ago, shaunyams said:

No.  Players already have too much info. Sometimes a SQL has to 'interpret the truth in a different manner' to his squad.

Anything which could potentially undercut the SQL authority should be avoided, and that includes the possibility of back seat FTL's.

I mean the Squad leader picks the Team Leaders though, and can then demote them if they abuse their power or are insubordinate. And also if people are undercutting the squad leader there are larger problems usually associated with toxic teammates. As far as your point, In real life team leaders and squad leaders are presented with significantly more information and are expected to perform. Squad is the premier tactical shooter, why not further immerse the small unit leaders?

2 hours ago, fidanym said:

Yeah I gotta say I agree with shaun, FTL shouldn't be in on that chatter. What I'd like to see regarding the radio is fixing the numpad keys to work for all squads so stuff related to a certain squad won't have to be transmitted to all SQLs.

Your numpad suggestion is already implemented and has been for some time unless I am missing something. 

Yeah, but for squads 1-9, there's no way to directly access squads 10+

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, fidanym said:

Yeah, but for squads 1-9, there's no way to directly access squads 10+

Ok Now I understand what you're saying. Yeah that would be nice to implement. I've never even considered that since I rarely see more than 10 squads. With an average of 80 players in a game, having more than 9 squads is a bit of a problem, That sounds like there are a lot of useless 2 man squads.

Edited by Tk17771