Sign in to follow this  
RB79BALL

A war thunder like crew injury mechanics

It is quite frustrating when you can disable the mechanical bits of a tank but you can never damage the crew withing and force them out  and abandon the vehicle. Should the game implement a crew damage mechanics similar to the war thunder approach? Crew can be injured if the appropriate area is being hit. The damage doesn't need to kill the crew but injury them by bleeding, this will force them to patch themselves up and disable the tank temporary. With injured crew, a shaky aiming and/or reduced contrast and/or light tunnel effect can reduce the crew ability to operate the tank to mimic the pain effect. 

The patching can be done within the tank but a medic will be required to heal the crewmen to optimal condition. 

I think this mechanics will encourage vehicle players to stay closer to infantry, what do you think?

I don't think a tank that gets penetrated by any of the modern AT munitions will be able to continue fighting. Crew damage and recovery is necessary in war thunder because of the nature of the game but nowhere near realistic. If a shells goes in or sends spalling, people start to lose limbs or vital organs and wires, screens and other objects in the tank go FUBAR. 

Of course, the same goes for engine damage, but I kind of see the engine/gun/track/optics damage as external things and find them more believable in a video game such as this. I mostly see destroying a tank as crew damage in Squad/PS/PR

Posted (edited)

You're asking too much of OWI.

What if crew dies in the vehicle?  Who pulls out the dead bodies?  Do they fall out of vehicle model and let enemy know crew is dead?

Does any system even support patching self in vehicle?

Let's wait for them to at least make coax usable without having to reload main gun later.

Edited by EcchiRevenge