DanielNL

"click" sound when pulling trigger with empty mag

contrary to popular belief, pulling the trigger after your run out of bullets will not create a 'clicking' sound. That 'click' sound is the hammer dropping.

contrary to popular belief, pulling the trigger after your run out of bullets will not create a 'clicking' sound. That 'click' sound is the hammer dropping.

It should on the AK as it doesn't have last round hold open.

shouldn't it click once after the last round?

PR does this correctly where you hear it once and nothing afterwards. It's nice attention to detail.

PR does this correctly where you hear it once and nothing afterwards. It's nice attention to detail.

Maybe it's just me, but with the M4 I've always felt like there is a bit of a distinct sound when the magazine is very low and then completely empty. Kind of a light sound, and the springs can be heard. I can't find any videos to prove my point, but it's just what I've experienced.

Comedy is right. When you fire the last round in a semi automatic firearm the bolt will lock open. So when you pull the trigger you hear nothing. there is no alteration in sound or function of the weapon other than the trigger not being reset and there being no boom. 

Comedy is right. When you fire the last round in a semi automatic firearm the bolt will lock open. So when you pull the trigger you hear nothing. there is no alteration in sound or function of the weapon other than the trigger not being reset and there being no boom. 

Read my post above. This thread is about the AK. Last round bolt hold open isn't as widespread as some of us think. There are a lot of popular firearms out there that you wont find this feature on.

Ahh I suppose I was thinking more SKS and the old school fps where you keep hearing the click no matter how many times you press the button to fire. Yes on an AK platform the bolt doesn't lock open but will close therefor you will get a final "Click" when you're out of ammo. Thank's for the correction there Capt.  

The SKS kinda has to lock the bolt open on the last round as it was designed to be loaded with a clip through the top. But yeah. other than the AK other weapons such as MP5, G3, FNC, FAL, F2000, FAMAS, Galil, and many MANY more do not have automatic bolt hold open. A lot of Americans can't seem to fathom the idea that some guns don't hold the bolt open after the last round. Other markets don't seem to care.

Maybe it's just me, but with the M4 I've always felt like there is a bit of a distinct sound when the magazine is very low and then completely empty. Kind of a light sound, and the springs can be heard. I can't find any videos to prove my point, but it's just what I've experienced.

This was a feature in Medal of Honor: Airborne. As your mag would get lower, the pitch of the weapon would change and you would hear more of a "clank" in the gun until it was empty.

So you would hear:

bang  bang  bang  bang  bang  bang  bang  bang  bang  bang

clank    clank  clank  clank  clank

If you've fired the AR for long enough you pretty much know when you empty. It sounds and feels different when you've fired your last round.

If you've fired the AR for long enough you pretty much know when you empty. It sounds and feels different when you've fired your last round.

Which game are you talking about here?

Which game are you talking about here?

Talking about real life. You don't have the sound of the bolt slamming back into battery and of course no "sproing" sound or vibrations from the recoil spring in your cheek.

Talking about real life. You don't have the sound of the bolt slamming back into battery and of course no "sproing" sound or vibrations from the recoil spring in your cheek.

Calvin's on the money. 

Now, this isn't the correct but since you brought it up. Medal of Honor(2010) has nice features like that: 

Squad devs should definitely take a look at some elements on that game. Another cool thing is that everytime you pick up and AK it's slightly different. Maybe with polymer furniture, para stock, different wood furniture and so on. Really gives a nice realism to it.

Rell men play with semi and aim for the face only.

Depending on the distance to enemy, full auto can save lifes when applied at close range.

And good luck hitting a face in PR from 20 meters...

what a casual, full auto and aim assist. Rell men play with semi and aim for the face only.

It's just as effective, if not more, to shoot a man in the pelvis or the chest. It's kinda hard to put a round in the "apple" when adrenaline is pumping through your veins. So, a good alternative is center mass when you can barely handle your body, let alone your weapon.

This was a feature in Medal of Honor: Airborne. As your mag would get lower, the pitch of the weapon would change and you would hear more of a "clank" in the gun until it was empty.

So you would hear:

bang  bang  bang  bang  bang  bang  bang  bang  bang  bang

clank    clank  clank  clank  clank

I simply loved your visual explanation about the sounds!

It's just as effective, if not more, to shoot a man in the pelvis or the chest. It's kinda hard to put a round in the "apple" when adrenaline is pumping through your veins. So, a good alternative is center mass when you can barely handle your body, let alone your weapon.

Comedy's a bit of a troll, don't take it to heart ;)

After reading through the thread, yeah makes sense.  There should be a single click on the AK when out of ammo.  Haven't used that platform enough IRL to know if it sounds different on the last shot though.

At least with my AR (Stag-15L) it definitely sounds and feels different on the last shot.  The sound of the shot sounds more... flat, it I had to put a word on it.  As for the trigger, it doesn't make a click more like a hollow clacking noise because the trigger can move but is not disengaging anything.

Either I've subconsciously added that sound in my mind, or it's already in game. I could see either being true.