1 minute ago, Nightingale87 said:

2. You played for 3 hours over a random weekend. Remember? I have some of your provate msgs.

Can you not read English? I told you later on I reinstalled PR and I've been playing off an on whenever I feel the need to marvel at its magnificence. Probably about 40 hours by now but certainly enough to form an opinion of it.

A shame this has long since stopped being a reasoned discussion.

Yeah people need to calm down lol. I am completely for a more PR-like rally system though. Not because "PR is so perfect" but just to somewhat get rid of that current meta of spawning, running to the objective in a straight line, killing maybe a few guys, dying, respawning before a medic can even get to you, and repeat. I really hate how this game plays out at times now, and i really do believe that the permanent rallies, aswell as a very forgiving spawn timer that doesn't actually punish dying a lot, is one of the main causes for this to happen.

10 hours ago, TheRed said:

A shame this has long since stopped being a reasoned discussion.

+1

9 hours ago, Guan_Yu007 said:

Yeah people need to calm down lol. I am completely for a more PR-like rally system though. Not because "PR is so perfect" but just to somewhat get rid of that current meta of spawning, running to the objective in a straight line, killing maybe a few guys, dying, respawning before a medic can even get to you, and repeat. I really hate how this game plays out at times now, and i really do believe that the permanent rallies, aswell as a very forgiving spawn timer that doesn't actually punish dying a lot, is one of the main causes for this to happen.

+1

You are right. But by now you whould already identify the names of people who are trolls, haters and disrespectful.

If you read ALL the posts you will realice whose appearance changed the tone of the argument.

As far as I´m concerned I will stop feeding that behaviour. 

Apologies.

9 hours ago, Guan_Yu007 said:

I am completely for a more PR-like rally system though. Not because "PR is so perfect" but just to somewhat get rid of that current meta of spawning, running to the objective in a straight line, killing maybe a few guys, dying, respawning before a medic can even get to you, and repeat. I really hate how this game plays out at times now, and i really do believe that the permanent rallies, aswell as a very forgiving spawn timer that doesn't actually punish dying a lot, is one of the main causes for this to happen.

Yeah that is pretty much a concent. The problem is that a consent among who?

Reddit users might have their opinion, Forum users other, Discrod users a different one. It would be good to have an official discourse, or survey about these things.

Edited by Nightingale87

17 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Incorrect. Stop patting yourself on the back buddy you might dislocate your shoulder. Back in the day I put thousands of hours into BF2 and honestly starting last year I downloaded PR and tried it for a few hours, deleted it and then a month or so later downloaded it and played it quite a bit. I still play it now and then for a good laugh.

My end conclusion was it's basically a clunky version of BF2 with tons of BF2 arcade elements still present but only with the AAS game mode stolen from Novalogic's Joint Operations. Overall my experience is people hardly ever communicate over the voip, you get TK'd way more than Squad, no Medics ever pick you up and you're constantly running across the map from Main because there's no place to spawn.

That's ok though, in your condescending fantasy world PR is perfection, we get it.

My conclusion is that you haven't even read the manual of PR and you sucked at it.

Of course you're not going to like it when you lose all the time and get shot by people you don't see, in a game that's even less tolerant of bad positioning...etc.

You make the same kind of complaints every newbie/noob makes. "muh running from main" is typical of mouthbreathers even in Squad because they don't know how to make a FOB.

Apparently, neither did you; hence my conclusion that you haven't even read the manual of PR.

The fact that you haven't mentioned Insurgency mode just tells me you haven't played PR anywhere close to "quite a bit."

That, and you complain about "no medics ever pick you up" - you likely only waited no more than 30s before giving up.
In PR there is dead-dead so medics are generally supposed to be more careful about revives(and try to secure the area before doing so).

Or maybe you stumbled onto an insurgency gamemode where insurgents' tickets are only decided by # of cache destroyed.  The only thing that mattered when you go down/dead was intel point and it's less relevant when cache is already revealed.

Or...you got shot in the open, watched by FLIR-equipped enemy vehicle...

Basically, your viewpoint is that of a n00b and isn't relevant unless you're trying to tell us about how much learning curve PR has, which isn't even the topic.

>supposed 40 hours

>an opinion

Yeah, a bad opinion.  What made you think lower number of hours than what is required for someone to have stopped being newbie in Squad would let you have a relevant opinion? 
Btw, next time you try to post about your PR hours, prove it.  Don't say I didn't warn you, your own post put your credibility into question.

Edited by EcchiRevenge

Let's calm down a bit. My offer still stands. I am willing to play a few rounds with you and witness your bad experience because that is new for me. The only time I remember having such experience more often was right at the beginning when I had no clue what to do and didn't have a mic. If your opinion does not change after a few consecutive decent rounds, then maybe you are not into this type of gameplay and are better off looking for other games that might suit your expectations of a semi-realistic tactical shooter.

Anything that degenerates into 15-year-old-style use of idiotic supposed slurs like 'noob' is another leaf falling from the tree of decent discourse. Why it has become an insult to be new to something is beyond me. Why people care so much about elitism in something that should simply be a form of entertainment is beyond me. Everyone engages in their own ways and at their own levels, and not accepting that is the start of toxic, sh*tty behaviour. At the end of the day, I am on the side, definiteively, of slow paced, tactical but fun play, and while I can't control how others play, I always hope for mechanics that encourage that. Yet personal opinions [and we all think our own are right, by definition] don't always need to lead to arguments, abuse, total lack of nuance and unconstrcutive partisanship. I guess I'm silly if I ever think the Squad community might be somehow better.

If behavior continues down the negative path, i'll be locking this thread.

You DONT have to get into arguments over opinions, you have the choice to ignore people - Instead of getting in silly arguments that turn into flame wars. 

57 minutes ago, Dubs said:

You DONT have to get into arguments over opinions, you have the choice to ignore people - Instead of getting in silly arguments that turn into flame wars. 

I´m sorry. You are right. I will ignore silly arguments. 

I know my place. 

7 hours ago, Dubs said:

Is there any way you can just kick from the thread the people you consider are disrespectful and counterproductive instead of locking the whole thread?7

It is a shame that some ruin it for all. Even after the warning given.

18 hours ago, Nightingale87 said:

Is there any way you can just kick from the thread the people you consider are disrespectful and counterproductive instead of locking the whole thread?7

It is a shame that some ruin it for all. Even after the warning given.

No option to lock accounts out of certain threads(would be a cool thing to have).

For now I have hidden posts that happened post-warning, giving the thread another chance. If it happens again, thread will be locked.

On 5/27/2020 at 8:57 AM, TheRed said:

Anything that degenerates into 15-year-old-style use of idiotic supposed slurs like 'noob' is another leaf falling from the tree of decent discourse. Why it has become an insult to be new to something is beyond me. Why people care so much about elitism in something that should simply be a form of entertainment is beyond me. Everyone engages in their own ways and at their own levels, and not accepting that is the start of toxic, sh*tty behaviour. At the end of the day, I am on the side, definiteively, of slow paced, tactical but fun play, and while I can't control how others play, I always hope for mechanics that encourage that. Yet personal opinions [and we all think our own are right, by definition] don't always need to lead to arguments, abuse, total lack of nuance and unconstrcutive partisanship. I guess I'm silly if I ever think the Squad community might be somehow better.

It's not elitism when it's actually better.

Figure out the definition of noob; if you think it's "idiotic supposed slur" then the problem is you.  You missed the nuance the moment when you failed to recognize the fact that noob wasn't used as an insult, but merely as a term to describe players who are not new yet are unskilled/not knowledgeable.

People are barely out of "newbie" phase when they're at 100 hours of Squad; PR has way more nuances than Squad.

Hence his opinion wasn't good.  You have the right to have an opinion and post your opinion; just as I have the right to comment on how "well" your opinion is formed. 

If you have problem with people commenting on your/someone else's opinion(as a direct result of opinion being posted/read), you also have the right to not post your opinion/tell someone else to remove his opinion.

Total lack of nuance in complaining about someone's analysis of how someone else's opinion may not be well formed/totally irrelevant is what I would call unconstructive.  Squad community is not better because you're part of it; get off your high horse.

If you want to be constructive, do try to argue how someone's bad experience in limited time with a steep-learning curve game is relevant to determining the quality of that game overall.  Try to attack the point made in the post instead of the language used.

You won't, because you don't believe that either. 

You're just not willing to go far enough to call out the bullshit that diverts attention from real issue of Squad; so you are in no position to question my methods.

Edited by EcchiRevenge

You really are just looking for conflict, huh?

A) I didn't report you and you are free to check this with mods etc.

B) Where does your 'for once' come from!?

This thing isn't a conversation, so I'll bow out, I think.

13 hours ago, TheRed said:

You really are just looking for conflict, huh?

A) I didn't report you and you are free to check this with mods etc.

B) Where does your 'for once' come from!?

This thing isn't a conversation, so I'll bow out, I think.

A)then you have even less reason to *not* reply
B)from the fact that you've made multiple posts that have no substance

So you're just going to leave a remark and leave?  After ironically calling something else unconstructive?

Edited by EcchiRevenge

Also, IIRC the patchnote when commander seat/sight first came out said it was supposed to be rolled into Driver's seat instead.

Might have gotten delayed due to coding issues or plans change(yes 3 man APC seems excessive, but commander with superior optics helps with spotting...etc.).  I like this change because driver should be focused on driving and commander has the job of radioman...etc. right now so less distraction is better.  PR's combined driver/commander seat was often not used due to engine noise(so "commander" often just stood on top of vehicle and use binos, which is technically possible IRL), and feels more like an attempt to save the precious seating limit of engine.

Did OP read this?

Edited by EcchiRevenge