Posted (edited)
On 5/19/2020 at 12:10 PM, Zylfrax791 said:

Honestly you guys are still living in a nostalgic fantasy world that the majority of people that played that mod snapped out of years ago. Consider this. For being a mod that has "reality" in its name PR is even less realistic than Squad on many different levels in all actuality. I could list out these numerous arcade elements in bullet point format for your perusal but in typical fashion one or more of you would simply just walk us all through the 5 stages of your grief once again which is really quite nauseating at this point.

The core game PR was based on was cool back in it's day for sure but now it's just antiquated and no amount of modding will fix it despite the 1.6 patch. That said, on that very topic considering PR just got patched if it was so incredibly wonderful then shouldn't you guys actually be playing it and supporting the huge deficit in their PayPal account instead whining about Squad and writing 7000 word essay's?

Honestly you sound like you're just butthurt about what PR was able to achieve *despite* engine limitations vs. what Squad failed at(despite the ability to even compile their own version of UE4 if needed).

I have, in fact, donated more money for PR than I ever have paid for Squad, eat your heart out.

And you're assuming people aren't playing it.

Or that people are not playing it because PR is somehow not good enough, when in reality it was because Squad(the mediocrity that is occupying a niche) has taken away many players from PR despite not delivering on the gameplay.

Edited by EcchiRevenge

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, EcchiRevenge said:

Honestly you sound like you're just butthurt about what PR was able to achieve *despite* engine limitations vs. what Squad failed at(despite the ability to even compile their own version of UE4 if needed).

I have, in fact, donated more money for PR than I ever have paid for Squad, eat your heart out.

Or that people are not playing it because PR is somehow not good enough, when in reality it was because Squad(the mediocrity that is occupying a niche) has taken away many players from PR despite not delivering on the gameplay.

Very well said.

I would add someting to the last part. Its not that Squad failed to deliver from the get go. Until v12 the game was actually getting closer to PR in gameplay terms, and already ahead of it in "tech" terms. But then, the stockholders said, "hold my drink...." And it made a huge turn.

I transitioned from PR to Squad until v 13. Then I stopped playing Squad. I came back after every update to see if it was going back on the original track. But it wasnt. So I went to not playing at all.

Only until recently, when I saw some posts in the forum, and I said,..."what the hell? Why dont I go back to PR?"

What a great decision. It took me a while to get used to the UI again, but OH! MY!.... it´s even better than before.

Right now, I will keep playing PR but im also expecting the great modders out there to produc the first iterations of some VERY promising mods with a MUCH MORE realistic feeling to it.

I know of somebody who thinks that "it will alienate the community"....and "a mod based on a game inspired by a mod WILL FAILL MISERABLY"...Lol....well...we will see. ;)

Edited by Nightingale87

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, EcchiRevenge said:

image.thumb.png.69b63a3b4721adc41c0d55abb9c49b2a.png

8 servers, if Squad was so terrible like you've said, people would be going back to Project Reality, 

Ive played PR since v0.7 till v1.5, Ive played in [3dAC], Squad is much better, I think you guys are just living in the past of what Project Reality was, it was ahead of its time, there was no other game like it, thats why we all loved, but it got old and faded away as newer games took its place, 

image.png

Edited by MINTY

32 minutes ago, MINTY said:

8 servers, if Squad was so terrible like you've said, people would be going back to Project Reality, 

Ive played PR since v0.7 till v1.5, Ive played in [3dAC], Squad is much better, I think you guys are just living in the past of what Project Reality was, it was ahead of its time, there was no other game like it, thats why we all loved, but it got old and faded away as newer games took its place, 

There is a limit to the number of times somebody will try to explain something to the same person.

1 FUN is subjective. Is curling fun for you?

2 BETTER or WORSE is in relation to what they want to achieve, or what people are looking for when they play that game. Do you think that Squad is a better game than NBA 2k20???

3 Judging succes by the number of players is very partial. Why don´t you judge it by the number of people that has played the game? the number of years it has been played? Why dont you confront those numbers with the amount of advertizing they have had? Why dont ju judge it by how many people STILL BRING IT UP IN CONVERSATION IN OTHER GAMES FORUMS??? lol. This is a big one.

40 minutes ago, MINTY said:

if Squad was so terrible like you've said, people would be going back to Project Reality, 

Oh! and this. "terrible" is also relative, and I dont believe anybody thinks it isin itself a "terrible" game. It might be what they feel when they compare it to what Squad was in the past.

And btw. People ARE going back to PR. Not many. But I did. And Im LOVING IT...thank you very much.

37 minutes ago, Nightingale87 said:

And btw. People ARE going back to PR. Not many. But I did. And Im LOVING IT...thank you very much.

Byeeee 

1 hour ago, MINTY said:

Byeeee 

Cherry pick the parts of the post you can actually reply to.

I´d love to see you try the other parts...

Oh. Btw. Im not going anywhere. I think Squad is a great game and I support it....so...

1 hour ago, Nightingale87 said:

Cherry pick the parts of the post you can actually reply to.

I just cant be arsed discussing this with you anymore, 

Seems like you took a screenshot of PR's servers in EU morning time which is why they are so empty, but have a look in the evening and you will see 2 EU, 1 NA, 1 RU, 1 BR servers full. That is a lot considering the playerbase of PR even after 15 years. If that isn't a testament to what unique gameplay can do, then I don't know what is. You also have to understand that PR's lack of advertisement but more importantly, PRs aging graphics turn many curious players away even before they think about downloading the game. 

4 hours ago, MINTY said:

Then maybe you weren't the target audience of PR and what Squad aimed to be just like I am not the target audience for COD, CS:GO, BF5, DOTA2, Cities: Skylines etc. 

1 hour ago, fidanym said:

look in the evening and you will see 2 EU, 1 NA, 1 RU, 1 BR servers full.

It's not bad for a 15 year old modded game which 99.9% of the internet hasn't heard of.  

I wonder what would happen if one of those big twitch streamers played the game.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, MINTY said:

I just cant be arsed discussing this with you anymore, 

Oh!...how convenient!

3 minutes ago, shaunyams said:

It's not bad for a 15 year old modded game which 99.9% of the internet hasn't heard of.  

I wonder what would happen if one of those big twitch streamers played the game.

+1

You can even claim that PR is the big tree that gave birth to branches like SQUAD, and PS. And more to come.

Edited by Nightingale87

4 hours ago, TheRed said:

Good old mature discussion.

Yes. Forums in general are obsolete anyway and what little is left of this one basically become a "but, but... muh PR" echo chamber.

but, but.. muh PR is the reason Squad exists yet most people that come from PR or were looking for something like PR but in a modern engine are really disappointed with the game so obviously, something has gone off the path. Nobody is expecting Squad to be a "port" of PR into unreal. We're expecting Squad to improve on PR in the parts that PR was limited in graphics, changes to game engine and having a paid team of developers to actively work on it.

24 minutes ago, fidanym said:

but, but.. muh PR is the reason Squad exists yet most people that come from PR or were looking for something like PR but in a modern engine are really disappointed with the game so obviously, something has gone off the path. Nobody is expecting Squad to be a "port" of PR into unreal. We're expecting Squad to improve on PR in the parts that PR was limited in graphics, changes to game engine and having a paid team of developers to actively work on it.

+1

Squad lost its essence many patches ago

We can safely say it has nothing to do with PR today...

1 hour ago, fidanym said:

...and having a paid team of developers to actively work on it.

Not very active either considering Squad was promised to be finished at the end of the year 2017...

On 5/21/2020 at 7:00 AM, TheRed said:

What on earth does this mean?

What do you think of when you think of Pay 2 Win Cellphone games?

That's where most of the major corporations are right now... drooling over the monetization schemes and low labor requirements. The most proactively productive cell phone game companies are CHINESE for goodness sakes. The American companies all want to do the least and reap the most profit... many of these executives are jealous of the small companies that got started with the cell phone game app market.

I expect the features to decrease with time unless independent companies can show that details, features, and game depth are what consumers actually want. It's not even about casual gaming anymore, because there was ALWAYS room for Casuals. It's about making gamers into mindless consumers that constantly feed and never question.

Where is the art? Where is the Civilization? Where is the sublimation of taboo desires for violence that computer games were MADE for? You have people crying about violence against animals in video games.... which is emotionally retarded... when the industry could slowly erode the very existence of actual Dogfighting if someone made a highly detailed Dogfighting game. Could you imagine anything more beautiful? Except they are too busy looking at bottom lines and stock options to take that sort of visionary risk.

Squad's got the most advanced voice chat system out there. If you have been following the news, that's the next on the chopping block for politically incorrect features. It matters. This company should know it HAS to make a stand if it wants to make real art, a REAL Milsim.

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, MINTY said:

image.thumb.png.69b63a3b4721adc41c0d55abb9c49b2a.png

image.png

People *did* go back to Project Reality.

Squad was never able to take its place for many reasons.
To the less educated, it might seem that way.
But the reality is...all you had to do is look at Insurgency game mode.

You may be used to *not* playing a feature-complete(or as much as it could be) insurgency mode in Squad(that is *if* you ever find a server that runs insurgency layer, since it's garbage...), but some of us still remember the good times in PR.

Edited by EcchiRevenge

On 4/2/2020 at 1:39 PM, Timbo said:

1. Rally Spawning in the game favors a “throw your body at the objective” play-style. Squads may approach an objective, lay a rally that essentially acts as a FOB, and then proceed to assault. And then again. And again. You also get spawn-killed in this game.

- A rally that lasts only a short time, which would be used to hmm “rally” a damaged Squad back together, and that is instantly disabled automatically by local enemy presence.

so i was thinking about this. Timbo's idea is pretty good really and makes sense in context.

however, to push a leetle bit further, if i may be so bold, consider:

A Rally that can be placed only, say 3 minutes(i dunno the current time), after the previous rally, that will, after 5 seconds(allow SL to get clear of the spawn area) then force-spawn a single wave of all those waiting in the spawn queue, then disappear immediately.

yeah, it probably seems rather hardcore to some, but i reckon it would stop the problem Timbo describes, dead in its tracks ('course i could be wrong, lol!).

it would place emphasis back on the FOB as a spawn point and, but more importantly, i believe, will stop peeps running-gunning because the cost of dying will be a forced-to-spawn at the nearest FOB, instead of in a much more ... convenient position.

4 hours ago, LaughingJack said:

so i was thinking about this. Timbo's idea is pretty good really and makes sense in context.

however, to push a leetle bit further, if i may be so bold, consider:

A Rally that can be placed only, say 3 minutes(i dunno the current time), after the previous rally, that will, after 5 seconds(allow SL to get clear of the spawn area) then force-spawn a single wave of all those waiting in the spawn queue, then disappear immediately.

yeah, it probably seems rather hardcore to some, but i reckon it would stop the problem Timbo describes, dead in its tracks ('course i could be wrong, lol!).

it would place emphasis back on the FOB as a spawn point and, but more importantly, i believe, will stop peeps running-gunning because the cost of dying will be a forced-to-spawn at the nearest FOB, instead of in a much more ... convenient position.

I understand and I kind of like it. 

I like and respect any idea that tries to make the game more realistic and tactical, but...

Why do we need to reinvent the Wheel? 

We already know a model that Works perfectly fine. Great balance between gameplay and realism. 

60 second rally, 3-5 minute cooldown timer, overrune by nme presence 40-80 mts. 

It Works. How do we know? 16 years of development.

2 hours ago, Nightingale87 said:

I understand and I kind of like it. 

I like and respect any idea that tries to make the game more realistic and tactical, but...

Why do we need to reinvent the Wheel? 

We already know a model that Works perfectly fine. Great balance between gameplay and realism. 

60 second rally, 3-5 minute cooldown timer, overrune by nme presence 40-80 mts. 

It Works. How do we know? 16 years of development.

Your fetish with duplicating this exact rally system into Squad is completely illogical and would have virtually zero effect of the overall gameplay in my opinion. And yet since your arrival you've managed to hijack every thread that's even remotely associated with the concept to repeat your obsession over and over as if it's this magic panacea that will somehow "fix" the entire game.

The hilarious thing is your entire time posting here you've yet to come up with a single unique idea of your own and instead you've only managed to become the quintessential nagging PR wife. You see, according to your logic you somehow think the development team simply "forgot" to add this feature and if you could just "educate" them by repeating it enough times and in enough places finally one day they'll come to their senses and correct this great oversight.

Bottom line, there's a high likelihood that the rally system will stay pretty much how it is.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Your fetish with duplicating this exact rally system into Squad is completely illogical and would have virtually zero effect of the overall gameplay in my opinion...

1 Opinion of someone who hasnt played PR or suggested any other option....

And yet since your arrival you've managed to hijack every thread that's even remotely associated with the concept to repeat your obsession over and over as if it's this magic panacea that will somehow "fix" the entire game.

2 Read the OP again, it is exactly the point of the whole thread. And changing rallies wasn´t first suggested by me.

The hilarious thing is your entire time posting here you've yet to come up with a single unique idea of your own and instead you've only managed to become the quintessential nagging PR wife. You see, according to your logic you somehow think the development team simply "forgot" to add this feature and if you could just "educate" them by repeating it enough times and in enough places finally one day they'll come to their senses and correct this great oversight.

3 Nope. I actually think the devs will not implement this feature. They want the gameplay to be quicker and more new player friendly. More instant action to appeal to all crowds. I think that their business system will work perfectly for everybody. 

Eventually the modding community will come up with such rally system  (or similar) and I will be playing that game.

I think they didn´t forget. I know they decided not to include it that way. Very well thought. Not a mistake.

So...;)

Edited by Nightingale87

2 hours ago, Nightingale87 said:

1 Opinion of someone who hasnt played PR or suggested any other option....

Incorrect. Stop patting yourself on the back buddy you might dislocate your shoulder. Back in the day I put thousands of hours into BF2 and honestly starting last year I downloaded PR and tried it for a few hours, deleted it and then a month or so later downloaded it and played it quite a bit. I still play it now and then for a good laugh.

My end conclusion was it's basically a clunky version of BF2 with tons of BF2 arcade elements still present but only with the AAS game mode stolen from Novalogic's Joint Operations. Overall my experience is people hardly ever communicate over the voip, you get TK'd way more than Squad, no Medics ever pick you up and you're constantly running across the map from Main because there's no place to spawn.

That's ok though, in your condescending fantasy world PR is perfection, we get it.

Posted (edited)

Well, you either played on the Russian server or you played some other game. In the 12 years I've been playing PR, I wouldn't say more than 10% of the games have been as you've described. So please, I would like to invite you to give it another go. I would love to help you out.

Edited by fidanym

3 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Incorrect. Stop patting yourself on the back buddy you might dislocate your shoulder. Back in the day I put thousands of hours into BF2 and honestly starting last year I downloaded PR and tried it for a few hours, deleted it and then a month or so later downloaded it and played it quite a bit. I still play it now and then for a good laugh.

1. BF 2 has NOTHIGN to do with PR. And only somebody who hasn´t played PR would confuse that or think that they are even remotely similar.

2. You played for 3 hours over a random weekend. Remember? I have some of your provate msgs.

2 hours ago, fidanym said:

Well, you either played on the Russian server or you played some other game. In the 12 years I've been playing PR, I wouldn't say more than 10% of the games have been as you've described. So please, I would like to invite you to give it another go. I would love to help you out.

Don´t bother.

Some time ago he realice that all his arguemtns met a dead end when people asked him if he had played PR. So he tried to play it. HE actually sent me some private msgs. Thing is he tried for less than 3 hours in a random weekend. 

He only did that to "prove" that he knew what he was talking about. But you know...

He gives himself out when he says....

3 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Overall my experience is people hardly ever communicate over the voip, you get TK'd way more than Squad, no Medics ever pick you up and you're constantly running across the map from Main because there's no place to spawn.

"PEople hardly ever communicate" 

:)

You gotta love it.