Sign in to follow this  
AlejandroMaximus

Is there anything I should know? 7(Tips, trick, keys, commands) (I’m new)

Posted (edited)

I’m extremely excited to purchase Squad on my new custom built PC, I tried Arma but found it extremely complicated and there was no one to help me, therefore I am moving to Squad, I’ve watched a few tutorials on the game before I’ve played as to not be a burden on any squad trying to play competitively, but I can’t really learn that much without playing, is there anything I should know from players before hoping in?SHAREit MX player

Edited by AlejandroMaximus

It's a steep curve, but not impossible curve. Be friendly have a mic most of the other stuff will come together. Dont be afraid to say your new, that will give you leeway and time to get a hold of what's going on. Glhf

Like others have said, just hop in and learn. You are already ahead of most people due to the fact that you have looked into the game before jumping in. I assume that you know that it is your task to follow your squad lead and overall just stick with your squad and communicate. The biggest thing I can tell you is make sure the people in your squad know that you are new. At any time that you don't understand something, say something. If people don't know that you are new, when you mess up they will assume that you are stupid. Giving a quick heads up to the squad lead can buy you a lot of leeway. Also, understand that this is squad in 2019 + 1, team work is really spotty. Getting a good squad lead isn't as easy as it used to be. As you pick up some hours you will see the signs of a good squad lead and pick better in the future. Just know that having a good squad lead can really change the whole way the game goes.

Either way, good luck!

Posted (edited)

Don't be shy with the mic...this is not a game for you if you don't talk to the other players. Let the SL(squad lead) know you're new and learning. If he's an ass he'll probably boot you. Most of the time that won't happen as most SLs are pretty reasonable.  My three  tips:

1. Learn how to call out contacts using the compass in local

2. Learn how to use the ALT key to keep situational awareness. 

3. Having fun in this game is very dependent on finding a good server with good players....play multiple servers to wet your feet. I would join the NEWBIE ones first. If you find that at the beginning of the match no one is volunteering for SL or SL's are  silent, move to another server. 

and I forgot, stay away from using Vechs (except for logis) and stay away from using HAT or Sniper kits until you have at least 40 hours in the game playing a standard infantry man and medic. Most players in this game have well upwards of 800 hours playing time so 40 hours is nothing. 

Edited by budder8818