Sign in to follow this  
Atlan

Statement.

Posted (edited)

Most clans, even the competitive ones are real bad, most servers runned by clans are horrible. 
Servers that don't have the new player friendly desc, allow new players to join and play on their servers, which is horrible.

Most clans think they're the best for playing versus other clans, and have lots of hours, when all skirmish is about is rushing, literally. There is no real tactical play, hence they don't know any better than the usual public server tactics. I find it very bothersome that clans don't actually think about tactics, but instead on their aim. This game was made for realistic purposes, not a shoot'em up. 

A great tactic beats better aim. 
I haven't yet seen any clans that are willing to learn, or not use the same tactics as in any public match, its foreign language to them.

You'd think you would get a real tactical gameplay when you buy squad, but all you get is CS:GO nerds summing lots of hours into the game, and then form groups and play versus other groups and call themselves good. All you really get is some cringe, youtube video from karamut, or other youtubers roleplaying actual tactical gameplay, there is no need to role play it, and set it up.

If you just use a little brain, you get the same outcome, tactical warfare but not at all setup, or roleplayed. And again, this rush, and shoot'em up style is beat by tactical gameplay. 

OWI please make hardcore servers where you are banned for being a CS:GO nerd. 

NG
RIP
C|
TLR
SR

Just to name a few of them, there are some more out there. 
Can't we get a reform? 

There is no game, skirmish or public that I have not seen an oppertunity to win in 15-20 minutes.

Edited by Atlan

Posted (edited)

Squad has definitely lost it's magic with the newer versions, it feels a lot more arcade-like and feels way different than when they had the Humvees in the game. I have seen a shift from tactical/team gameplay to "rush in and kill more people to win". OWI wants the game to be more accessible to players of MILSIMs and games like COD and BF so I doubt they'll put in the reform that you'd like.

Edited by TacMac

4 hours ago, TacMac said:

Squad has definitely lost it's magic with the newer versions, it feels a lot more arcade-like and feels way different than when they had the Humvees in the game. I have seen a shift from tactical/team gameplay to "rush in and kill more people to win". OWI wants the game to be more accessible to players of MILSIMs and games like COD and BF so I doubt they'll put in the reform that you'd like.

I think it is just the natural progressions of the game. The early game was made up of milsimers and people from PR. It was a much more niche community with a specific type of gameplay. As the game got more popular, more people from outside these communities came in. These new people brought their style of play and became more and more numerous. Eventually they became the majority and their play style ended up the meta. Almost every game nowadays encourages hyper aggressiveness. It's no surprise that these tactics migrated from the more casual gamer community.

I have hope that the game will age well. It will hit its peak sometime after the full release. Some time after that we might see a hardcore niche community reform after the majority of players move on to a new game. A steady 2k playerbase of fairly squared away folks would be great. I just hope that the people that have some sense of the tactical aspects of the game stick around to keep it going in some small ways until then.

In the end the game is still a hell of a lot of fun. I'd like to think that it was a bazillion times better in the old days but I'm sure that a huge chunk of that is just rose tinted glasses.

15 hours ago, TacMac said:

10 hours ago, Geebus said:

I think it is just the natural progressions of the game. The early game was made up of milsimers and people from PR. It was a much more niche community with a specific type of gameplay. As the game got more popular, more people from outside these communities came in. These new people brought their style of play and became more and more numerous. Eventually they became the majority and their play style ended up the meta. Almost every game nowadays encourages hyper aggressiveness. It's no surprise that these tactics migrated from the more casual gamer community.

I have hope that the game will age well. It will hit its peak sometime after the full release. Some time after that we might see a hardcore niche community reform after the majority of players move on to a new game. A steady 2k playerbase of fairly squared away folks would be great. I just hope that the people that have some sense of the tactical aspects of the game stick around to keep it going in some small ways until then.

In the end the game is still a hell of a lot of fun. I'd like to think that it was a bazillion times better in the old days but I'm sure that a huge chunk of that is just rose tinted glasses.

There is a tendency later of threads getting locked when they address the current gameplay with hard criticism. Just go and have a look at how many; all from players criticizing the ARCADY gameplay.

So I agree with you, but unlike Geebus, I keep no hopes for Vanilla. I only stick around for ONE LIFE events (Which are FANTASTIC) and some interesting upcoming mods.

12 minutes ago, Nightingale87 said:

There is a tendency later of threads getting locked when they address the current gameplay with hard criticism. Just go and have a look at how many; all from players criticizing the ARCADY gameplay.

So I agree with you, but unlike Geebus, I keep no hopes for Vanilla. I only stick around for ONE LIFE events (Which are FANTASTIC) and some interesting upcoming mods.

There's plenty of threads that are open for you discuss in. The ones that are getting locked are due to people not respecting the rules, being trolls/disrespectfulv and spamming the same thing over and over again. Keep it civil, play by the rules the thread stays open, simple. 

10 hours ago, Melbo said:

There's plenty of threads that are open for you discuss in. The ones that are getting locked are due to people not respecting the rules, being trolls/disrespectfulv and spamming the same thing over and over again. Keep it civil, play by the rules the thread stays open, simple. 

I agree with the general idea. Nevertheless, Moderators used to take steps into keeping order, like giving warnings to people who were off kilter, and eliminating posts that were improductive, off topic, or straight offensive. However, lately, some threads have been closed without any warning. Maybe it´s just a coincidence that the content was about the old discussion (Sim vs Arcade, PR successor, and so on), or maybe the modertators were out of patience that given day. I feel it is a pity that many people lose their chance to express themselves because a few behave poorly.

Now to develop a bit more...

On 21/3/2020 at 6:22 PM, Atlan said:

A great tactic beats better aim. 
I haven't yet seen any clans that are willing to learn, or not use the same tactics as in any public match, its foreign language to them.

You'd think you would get a real tactical gameplay when you buy squad, but all you get is CS:GO nerds summing lots of hours into the game, and then form groups and play versus other groups and call themselves good. All you really get is some cringe, youtube video from karamut, or other youtubers roleplaying actual tactical gameplay, there is no need to role play it, and set it up.

If you just use a little brain, you get the same outcome, tactical warfare but not at all setup, or roleplayed. And again, this rush, and shoot'em up style is beat by tactical gameplay. 

OWI please make hardcore servers where you are banned for being a CS:GO nerd. 

This is the old discussion all over again.

Owi can´t roam around servers policing people for playing "poorly".  It´s not their role nor is it doable.

The fact of the matter is that aming at that seet middle spot between tactical players and more casual arcade players (some believe it is not posible (or compatible with business)) leaves a WIDE range of posible different approaches to the game. 

This has evolved into a fight over the identity of SQUAD and what it should be ….bla bla bla....

Be patient. Squad can be A FANTASTIC cornerstone for many (different) communities to mod the game in whatever way they see fit. All that takes a lot of work, but I imagine that in some years there Will be a SQUAD mod attractive for every one of us!

Posted (edited)
On 3/21/2020 at 8:22 PM, Atlan said:

@Atlan clans aren't here to fulfill your needs. They fulfill theirs. But most of them would claim they actually want to win... and as there's no one using "definitely yours game winning tactics", it shouldn't be that hard to get couple of people together and win all games... so far you only talking empty words though instead of doing anything

now the fun part, guess if (many/most) developers play the game and in which clan, and go ask them why the game is the way the game is

Edited by paragonid

Posted (edited)

After the devs started doing free weekends and all the sales they kept flooding the game with new players and we told them it would ruin the game but they never listened - Now look at the game, every match is a mess full of players that can't be bothered doing anything but running in a straight line into the objective - The game is jam packed full of players that don't even seem interested in the original vision of the game, they just want kills and shootouts

This has been going on for a few years and I've been making forum posts about it since around 2016-2017 but now I've just completely stopped playing with almost 4khours clocked... I logged on a few days ago and tried playing for an hour but it was just another disorganized messy team full of atrocious squads 

Quality SL's are so rare, most of them took breaks because of all the atrocious matches during/after the free weekends, and when they come back to play they don't really want to play SL because they're rusty--- I really wish people wouldn't tell brand new people to play SL, and then tell them the only way to learn how to play SL is by playing it lol that's nonsense 

I rarely see clans enforcing rules with admins, and if I do see an admin doing anything they're usually just being a bit of a jerk to someone lol

RAAS doesn't allow for forward thinking and planning, everything must be done quickly on the fly and plans must be hastily drawn up on the way to the objectives that are popping up - I think it massively undermines the SL's ability to form a plan for their squad when they don't even know where the objectives are yet (I understand it was to stop rush meta, but rushing starting flags meta was already dead after it only takes 1 person to hide in a bush and cap)

Squadmembers and SL's aren't putting in the effort anymore, no maneuvering or tactics just bum rush the flag and try to cap - Or if not that then some stupid pointless plan to sit in the middle of the map on a FOB in the middle of nowhere or something equally dumb 

Edited by zombie326

I was thinking about ammo crates the other week, teams need ammo crates so often you end up with attack FOB's being placed right next to the objective so that ammo isn't far away - This ends up with teams zurging in directly from the FOB disregarding flanking with rallypoints

Little things like this make such a massive impact on the matches and how they're played

On 24/3/2020 at 10:18 AM, zombie326 said:

After the devs started doing free weekends and all the sales they kept flooding the game with new players and we told them it would ruin the game but they never listened - Now look at the game, every match is a mess full of players that can't be bothered doing anything but running in a straight line into the objective - The game is jam packed full of players that don't even seem interested in the original vision of the game, they just want kills and shootouts

This has been going on for a few years and I've been making forum posts about it since around 2016-2017 but now I've just completely stopped playing with almost 4khours clocked... I logged on a few days ago and tried playing for an hour but it was just another disorganized messy team full of atrocious squads 

Quality SL's are so rare, most of them took breaks because of all the atrocious matches during/after the free weekends, and when they come back to play they don't really want to play SL because they're rusty--- I really wish people wouldn't tell brand new people to play SL, and then tell them the only way to learn how to play SL is by playing it lol that's nonsense 

Squadmembers and SL's aren't putting in the effort anymore, no maneuvering or tactics just bum rush the flag and try to cap - Or if not that then some stupid pointless plan to sit in the middle of the map on a FOB in the middle of nowhere or something equally dumb 

Exactly this. I see only one solution to put an end to this mess: mandatory, unskippable trainings for all players. But obviously this is not feasible, so the point remains and the gameplay goes to the drain.

On 22.3.2020 at 10:09 PM, paragonid said:

@Atlan clans aren't here to fulfill your needs. They fulfill theirs. But most of them would claim they actually want to win... and as there's no one using "definitely yours game winning tactics", it shouldn't be that hard to get couple of people together and win all games... so far you only talking empty words though instead of doing anything

now the fun part, guess if (many/most) developers play the game and in which clan, and go ask them why the game is the way the game is

They should put a disclaimer up then, telling us they accept new players, not leave it blank. 

Also we are not only talking CS:GO, shoot'em up players.
We are also talking those who want to do tactics, but do poor tactics, and that's the new players. Even if they have lots of hours. For example, my new helicopter thread.

How to use helicopters right. People with thousand hours don't know how to use them properly, and even though they plan out tactics, and this and that, they still fail at the game.