Sign in to follow this  
Minipops

Hmmm, i'm curious.

What would you say the percentage of Game Quality vs. Profit is in the minds of OWI? 95% profit / 5% game quality? I wonder....

Posted (edited)

I'm really curious. If you take a game like Hell Let Loose, and compare it to Squad in terms of content creation, bug fixes, and speediness of the dev's to act. OWI pales in comparison to Black Matter. They are both small companies. They are both developing their games in the unreal 4 engine. Yet somehow HLL is light years ahead of OWI in every regard. OWI will tell it's player base that it's the complexities of the engine that make the process slow and difficult, yet other game dev's don't seem to have any difficulty pushing out content and bug fixes in a timely manner. HLL has released a pile of new maps the last 6 months. Squad has released Mutata. Does anyone else ask these questions?

Since A14, i began noticing my head shots weren't always registering. At first i was just kinda baffled and didn't understand it. But shrugged it off and continued playing. Now, from A14 to it's current state, i am still experiencing this same issue. The dev's will say "oh it's latency" and perhaps it is, but that is not on my end, and i doubt it is on the receivers end. I say that because this issue was not present in A13 and back beyond that from when i started playing the game. 3 head shots on a player with blood spraying off from each shot, and the player casually side steps behind cover and bandages. If i had a dollar for every time I've experienced that, i'd have a lot of dollars.

Same with the spawning on the roof of the insurgent hab. How long as that plagued this game? Can you say, years... Does OWI have any intentions to even leave early access? How many other games has anyone else seen sit in early access 4 years? 

Point i'm trying to make is that people are getting fed up with the sitting on hands approach to the issues the game has.My prediction will be that OWI releases a large patch with a ton of modifications in an attempt to problem solve issues in the game, and in doing so, will break a bunch of other stuff that wasn't bugged. Sorry, but the past track record doesn't lie. 

Edited by Minipops

Why does everyone assume that something not getting done is due to laziness or greediness? It doesn't make any sense to me. Why can't it be as simple as they don't have an easy solution to the problem? Why can't it be that they don't have the resources to spend certain issues? It isn't even just in this game's case. Everyone seems to think that the companies that makes games have some sort of malicious intent.

I also don't get the approach of trying to compare different games and development companies. What if Black Matter is made up of significantly more skilled people? Two different games with entirely different goals.

4 hours ago, Minipops said:

OWI will tell it's player base that it's the complexities of the engine that make the process slow and difficult, yet other game dev's don't seem to have any difficulty pushing out content and bug fixes in a timely manner.

This bothers me the most. Does anyone ever think that OWI might have to figure out how to fix these problems? Does it occur to anyone that they might not have some magical fix for some problem? As far as I know, this might be the first time that many of the devs have even worked on ue4. Didn't a bunch of them come from PR modding? Maybe they have to figure it out as they go along.

5 hours ago, Minipops said:

My prediction will be that OWI releases a large patch with a ton of modifications in an attempt to problem solve issues in the game, and in doing so, will break a bunch of other stuff that wasn't bugged. Sorry, but the past track record doesn't lie. 

There it is! The "even if they try to push out content, it isn't good enough!". Its the same exact cycle. Game has a lull in updates, people start to complain that they aren't getting anything, devs try to push out something in order to appease, it possibly gets pushed out before it was otherwise ready, people complain that it wasn't good enough.

People bitch because people shell out actual money for a product that has promised to deliver. And other companies (examples already given) don't seem to have an issue pumping out bug fixes as they are reported and cranking out content such as weapons vehicles maps etc. 3 year's we've been spawning on top of the hab roof with no fix. THREE YEARS and their best solution is to increase the hab size. And that still didn't solve the issue. A known 3 year bug STILL unresolved....i mean seriously? That's 1 bug...For 3 year's we've been spawning on the hab roof and getting sniped off it. And believe me, they don't care. They think the complaints are funny. I don't get the feeling that they give a shit about fixing it. Why? Cuz they already got your money, and no one puts up much of a fuss about the things that are wrong in the game, so why pour resources into fixing something when the issue arises? 

And don't tell me that they can't navigate the unreal engine. If that were so, then why have a kick starter initiative and get a alpha game release and take even more people's money?

Posted (edited)

Wouldn't you be bitter after investing so much time and money. I wasn't refunded any of my money i put into it. They just took it. That constitutes theft in my book.

And, how you tie what happened in (AFO), to my post above, baffles me. Are you stupid or sumthin?

Edited by Minipops

Posted (edited)

Get that tag off you worthless piece of shit. You ain't AFO. Why you spoofing our clan tag and name and history? You guys have nothing to do with it. Spriggan gonna fix you dummies.

Before (AFO) was stolen from me, it was my Policy that anyone using admin cam could not be actively participating in the battle, and they had to be in a locked squad titled ADMIN. Anyone caught breaking that clan rule was stripped of their admin. No second chances

Steer clear of the (AFO) ASS & Brass bafoons. They are a buncha douche bag thieves

Because you're pissed that OWI allowed it. And now you are on a rant about more or less everything.

Edited by Jevski

Thread has run its course.

/Locked