Posted (edited)
At first big thanks for developers and consulters. It's a perfect piece of game art.
My suggestion is boring but important:¬¬
Some times our folks turning the engine off to hide there position what is fine for BTR or BRDM, but it's not working for TANKS. You cannot operate with a fire system using only your battery, especially Russian tanks with crew members just 3 and an automate shell's loading system. You can do that with a manual regime, but... you know. So Tanks (except Abrams and T-80)  and BMP or Bradley cannot shoot with no engine started.
Please fill free to ask me any questions.

Best, Czar

Edited by Ivan_terrible

Boom drop the mic. :) me likes

Sadly for you this topic was discussed many years ago before even the tanks where in game.And i will tell you what i was told then and trust me i am on your side here."Squad is not a Military Simulation" Its trying to be something in between but for me its going in a more arcade path.A lot more money to be earned there i guess.
Its not like in Post Scriptum where you can shoot an enemy in the chest and he dies here you shoot the enemy he turns around and kills you and in best case he will bleed out cause he has not enough time to bandage.

I pretty much always kill the engine when I stop.

I like the idea of disabling the main gun when engine is off (or maybe significantly slowing or limiting battery power).

For gameplay I think the other seats should operate as normal.

Make the seat swap between commander and gun faster to allow a crew to hide, spot and attack in a shorter time.

Combined these would give an advantage to a tank with 3 crew.

I'd like to see this come at some point in the future.

On 18.03.2020 at 12:21 AM, Ivan_terrible said:

especially Russian tanks

Can't stop engine? Huh. You can't start engine in russian tanks, cause fuel was siphoned out and sold by corrupted officers. :ph34r:

Squad is arcade shooter. Come to terms with it.

Probably it will be up to modders to fix the game is my guess.

8 hours ago, Rainmaker said:

4 minutes ago, Noobgamer said:

Stop bringing that to every single thread you post in.

3 hours ago, Melbo said:

Stop bringing that to every single thread you post in.

Deleting my post to avoid the inconvient truth? A little censorship we got here I see.

What happened to the "the spiritual successor to PR" slogan? Did you guys run out of PR veterans to make money from?

FYI, fix your broken game and the complain will stop. It doesn't take a genius to know that allowing a BTR-82a to survive 3 LAW shots into its bump is gamebreaking.

Edited by Noobgamer

2 hours ago, Noobgamer said:

Deleting my post to avoid the inconvient truth? A little censorship we got here I see.

What happened to the "the spiritual successor to PR" slogan? Did you guys run out of PR veterans to make money from?

FYI, fix your broken game and the complain will stop. It doesn't take a genius to know that allowing a BTR-82a to survive 3 LAW shots into its bump is gamebreaking.

There's no censorship happening, rules are being enforced which you agreed to abide by, when registering on this forum. Continuously going off topic from original topics, to continue complaining about the same things is spamming. There's more things in the pipeline for Squad to come, including balancing and system/feature tweaks and improvement - It's the nature of being in Beta. Bigger fish to fry this moment, such as making sure B19 is functioning correctly with the engine update.

Here's a bit of a refresher of the rules.

Spoiler

§1 Show Respect

This community can only work if we all respect each other. To that end, it is imperative that any time you engage with another user, either directly or indirectly, you show them respect with the content of your post. In particular refrain from flaming, insulting, abusing, taunting, racism, and other similar types of actions towards other forum users.

§2 Attitude & Behavior

Poor attitude and behavior are the most common ways a negative / unsafe environment is created and perpetuated. As such that kind of behavior will not be allowed on these forums. Please be mindful of this rule when posting personal positions and opinions regarding topics which could be considered contentious in nature. As a rule of thumb, keep your posts civil in nature, and refrain from making posts that are likely to incite arguments and create a negative environment. As a privately hosted web forum we reserve the right to maintain an environment that we are happy the majority of our players are comfortable with.

§5 Attitude towards Squad and the Development Team
As per §1 and §2, keep in mind to be respectful and reasonable, not only towards all users of the forum, but also towards the Squad Team and towards any ideas and content and the game itself. Criticism is welcome, but if it is not constructive and/or if it is offensive, the Moderation may need to step in. Please refrain from posting if you are upset, angry or drunk, or you may be punished for things you wouldn’t have otherwise written, which is not in anyone's interest.

56 minutes ago, Dubs said:

There's no censorship happening, rules are being enforced which you agree'd to abide by, when registering on this forum. Continuously going off topic from original topics, to continue complaining about the same things is spamming. There's more things in the pipeline for Squad to come, including balancing and system/feature tweaks and improvement - It's the nature of being in Beta. Bigger fish to fry this moment, such as making sure B19 is functioning correctly with the engine update.

Here's a bit of a refresher of the rules.

Hide contents

§1 Show Respect

This community can only work if we all respect each other. To that end, it is imperative that any time you engage with another user, either directly or indirectly, you show them respect with the content of your post. In particular refrain from flaming, insulting, abusing, taunting, racism, and other similar types of actions towards other forum users.

§2 Attitude & Behavior

Poor attitude and behavior are the most common ways a negative / unsafe environment is created and perpetuated. As such that kind of behavior will not be allowed on these forums. Please be mindful of this rule when posting personal positions and opinions regarding topics which could be considered contentious in nature. As a rule of thumb, keep your posts civil in nature, and refrain from making posts that are likely to incite arguments and create a negative environment. As a privately hosted web forum we reserve the right to maintain an environment that we are happy the majority of our players are comfortable with.

§5 Attitude towards Squad and the Development Team
As per §1 and §2, keep in mind to be respectful and reasonable, not only towards all users of the forum, but also towards the Squad Team and towards any ideas and content and the game itself. Criticism is welcome, but if it is not constructive and/or if it is offensive, the Moderation may need to step in. Please refrain from posting if you are upset, angry or drunk, or you may be punished for things you wouldn’t have otherwise written, which is not in anyone's interest.

So saying Squad caters to casual players is offensive, got it!

Also, how much time will it take to fix the useless RU optic? It's been like that for over a year. I don't see how you can have any "bigger fish to fry" in the meantime.

Edited by Noobgamer

7 hours ago, Noobgamer said:

So saying Squad caters to casual players is offensive, got it!

Also, how much time will it take to fix the useless RU optic? It's been like that for over a year. I don't see how you can have any "bigger fish to fry" in the meantime.

Keep to the original thread topics and issues wont be had. Turning every thread you enter into the same complaint posts, derailing original topic, especially after warnings have been given, is going to result in warning points and potentially a temporary ban.

Feel free to head on to the discord and leave feedback in designated channels, or create your own threads on the forum with what ever topic you wish to discuss.