3S_Moe

COVID-19 is here, where's SQUAD-19?

In these hard times, I need news.  Please help those of us that are suffering at home (grin) and playing Squad to survive.  We've been so patient since the 18 update back in December.

Posted (edited)

COVID-25 will Be here before the next update

Edited by ZXD_Lee

On 3/16/2020 at 12:42 PM, ZXD_Lee said:

COVID-25 will Be here before the next update

you got that right

Bump.  Being serious on this question.  I'm not looking for Beta 19 to be released immediately, I'm just looking for a general time-frame update since we really haven't heard much from you guy since before December?  Perhaps I missed some communication on this, but what are you working on for Beta 19?

Well according to the scientists, we won't be getting any applicable antibody before the end of this year, as it would require a lot of (public?) testing to ensure its safety. Appearantly most of us would not take part in these testings.

On 3/27/2020 at 5:08 AM, 3S_Moe said:

Bump.  Being serious on this question.  I'm not looking for Beta 19 to be released immediately, I'm just looking for a general time-frame update since we really haven't heard much from you guy since before December?  Perhaps I missed some communication on this, but what are you working on for Beta 19?

Time frame for B19 release is still unknown, but it's getting closer - A public playtest was just held for NA & EU and went pretty well. Still a few bugs to squash.

The primary thing for B19 is the engine update to 4.23 - Which opens a lot of opportunities for OWI to optimize the game and utilize new tools to improve things within Squad. Engine updates have a habit of breaking pre-existing systems, so a lot of focus has been implementation of UE4.23 and fixing said systems that broke in doing so.

The patch contains some other things, like Body dragging, damage to helicopter tail rotors, commander artillery damage has been tweaked IIRC, and some maps had tweaks & overhauls - Like Kokan, Manic-5, Belaya and Mestia.

Yeah, just to fill out some of what Dubs has said: the timeline isn't fixed yet, because we've had a launch blocker or two. We've resolved most of them, but server performance isn't there yet -- hence some weekend stress testing. (And why the testing was limited.)

Once those results play out, we should be able to move into broader testing. We're at the point where it needs to scale up to keep the bug smashing flowing, so it shouldn't be long now. We certainly wanted it out by now, but we want it out playable first and foremost. =)

We recognize this has been a long one and need to address that internally, so there's work going on there as well. Further, as it's bug-fixing that's holding things back from further testing, the other parts of the team are continuing to work ahead, so nobody's idle. (And adjusting well to working from home, for that matter.)