:) This video discusses the confirmed system specs and shows tech demos of Xbox One X games like Gears 5 running on the Xbox Series X with Ray Tracing. Its all pretty damn impressive, but that's not why I posed this video. Its the "quick resume" feature and ultra fast load times that impressed me the most. The game loaded up in less than 9 seconds. This coming console generation will be a great time for developers.

Hehe, it sure would. It's definitely a long-term goal to look at consoles, but we want to get fully launched on PC first. The recent release of GeForce Now was a pretty cool way to see Squad on things like mobile phones (!), but did highlight some issues, especially with control and interface. So, no promises, and /definitely/ no ETA, but it is something we're thinking on.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Gatzby said:

Hehe, it sure would. It's definitely a long-term goal to look at consoles, but we want to get fully launched on PC first. The recent release of GeForce Now was a pretty cool way to see Squad on things like mobile phones (!), but did highlight some issues, especially with control and interface. So, no promises, and /definitely/ no ETA, but it is something we're thinking on.

Wait, so Squad is actually planned for the consoles? Awesome!!! I think its the right move. The console market is dying for a hardcore military shooter. Screw the mobile market, the general video game market is on the consoles, which means money. With the beastly specifications of the Xbox Series X and PS5. now is the perfect time to get to it. :bounce:

Edited by Jibroni Gibironi

On 3/20/2020 at 5:02 PM, Jibroni Gibironi said:

Wait, so Squad is actually planned for the consoles

Not quite -- it's something we'd LOVE to do, but still have to investigate how possible it is. Finishing on PC is the first step before we do that, especially with the more controlled process of releases on consoles and such. (I don't think we've even explored what it means to be an Early Access game on a different platform than Steam. We also have some requirements that use Steam, so there's work required there too.)

We're not gonna rule it out, but we don't want to set your hopes unrealistically either. <3