Jibroni Gibironi

What is your ram usage while gaming?

:hmm:I always get up to 14 gbs used while gaming. Although I have 32 gbs of ram, I still consider that a **** ton. What does it say for you while gaming? 

3 minutes ago, Guan_Yu007 said:

I've had times where Squad used up about 20gigs of ram.... I have no idea how or what.

O.o Holy dog shit in heaven. You'd think this game was Digital Combat Simulator or something with as much ram as it will swallow whole. Maybe the games just not that well optimized yet?

Quite sure there's just a massive memory leak. Might be on my end idk... Will have to fully reinstall the game, as since i got a new monitor i've started to get a LOT of random framedrops that literally cause my helicopter to slam into the ground.

I use about 12 to 14 but I don’t really keep much of a eye out for it 

nowadays 16gb is minimum but 32gb recommended 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Guan_Yu007 said:

Quite sure there's just a massive memory leak. Might be on my end idk... Will have to fully reinstall the game, as since i got a new monitor i've started to get a LOT of random framedrops that literally cause my helicopter to slam into the ground.

:hmm:I don't know about a memory leak. I mean its possible since the game ain't that well optimized, but memory leaks usually causes the program or even the computer itself to crash. Wouldn't this be more related to the unreal engine itself? I'm not that knowledgeable about the mechanics of game development. 

Edited by Jibroni Gibironi

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ZXD_Lee said:

I use about 12 to 14 but I don’t really keep much of a eye out for it 

nowadays 16gb is minimum but 32gb recommended 

Agree'd, these companies will claim 8gbs is the minimum, but if that were the case, I reckon that the usage rate would still stay below 8 to start with even though you may have 16 or 32 gigs available. The fact that this game uses 14 gigs regularly just proves to me that 16 should be considered the true minimum. Another thing is, Microsoft would have just stuck with 8 gigs with the Xbox Series X like they did with the Xbox One if it were truly the minimum. They upped it to 16 gbs of shared memory instead. 

Edited by Jibroni Gibironi