Posted (edited)

We have lots of deployables, but there is a lack of a field hospital.

This would gain more realistic aspect to the game. Because some will arguement, that there are medics in field,

having such a building would have both:

- Fieldmedics more in field than at a HAB

- HABs more kind of military base.

How:
Deployable field hospitals are like a building-vehicle hybrid. For not overpoweringthis building and making HABs too strong,

wounded soldiers enter those treatment-containers like  a vehicle. Once inside, they can be shot, but they can't shoot. They need some time to get medical attention. Entering and leaving need time, like, as leaving a normal vehicle ingame. So it's always

a coinflip: entering a field hospital and getting treatment and beeing vulnerable or staying hurt and defendable?

By limiting max. *M*A*S*H* per Team, or even it's in or out of a fraction, it could also positively impact the balancing.

Like this way, it would totally fit into Squads spirit and gamedesgin.

Edited by Barbarossa

It wouldn’t be player operated right? It would be a passive healing while inside?

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Thegreenzzz said:

It wouldn’t be player operated right? It would be a passive healing while inside?

for now, yes, like the repair station, just with humans.

For balancing, maybe its consuming ammo or building points 

Edited by Barbarossa

Posted (edited)

i would like to see an armored ambulance as well.

Edited by Pharanaiton

I think this type of structure should replace the HAB.

The HAB is a required spawn point which magically manufactures player characters. It is a slightly reduced stretch of the imagination that the medical tent is able to supply fresh soldiers.

It also lends itself well to future gameplay functions like; returning bodies to the hospital to increase tickets. This would make the ambulance vic pretty valuable and add some team oriented gameplay to it as well.

the models for HAB can then be replaced with beds and bunks and perhaps some indoor variants. I also feel that it should be expandable with a spawn-per-min cap that can be increased by adding more of the same structure

What you are suggesting has its place in the ArmA series where the game is all about slow pace and gigantic open world map where it makes sense.

In Squad it has no sense, the pace is faster, the map smaller. It's not a open world game with multiple scripted events & missions.

I don't see this fit in the game at all. Combat medic do the same job. That's their purpose whether on defense or offense squad.

1 hour ago, RED.Misfit said:

What you are suggesting has its place in the ArmA series where the game is all about slow pace and gigantic open world map where it makes sense.

In Squad it has no sense, the pace is faster, the map smaller. It's not a open world game with multiple scripted events & missions.

I don't see this fit in the game at all. Combat medic do the same job. That's their purpose whether on defense or offense squad.

Does make sense in a battlefield like game...

Wait a minute....hmmmm

Posted (edited)

If you're calling ArmA a battlefield like game, we have not played the same game ? (if i understood right, it's late my brain is half off ^^' ). Of course Arma relies on mods plenty more than Squad. But Squad has not been built for mods like ArmA does.

You probably know very well ACE (at least i hope) and what it brings on a medic perspective. We are galaxy aways from what Squad is giving us, basicly a slower pace than a battlefield medic  but the result is not far from that.

On the opposite ArmA ultra customized engine give us combat medic, doctor, field hospital in the most realistic manner it could be brought to a game.

I would love Squad to became more complex, but the game engine and SDK is probably lacking manny things that ArmA allows modder to do. Bohemia did develop a very open engine for modders, and modders have clearly pushed it very far !

Edited by RED.Misfit